30th expansion raids NEED to be harder

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Last line of what you quoted; even once working Tacvi's final event was still very hard - until the retune.
  2. Randomized Augur

Time has nothing to do with difficulty
    And yes there were more players back then. But GoD was the start of the initial drop in EQ subs and it has slowly and steadily gone downhill from then

And GoD raids were beaten when they were current. Just not by everyone.

Point being: what you want and claim everyone wants and needs, wasn't well received.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

What else happened in 2004?

You do realize I've been saying within a week top 5 can beat it. Seems to be more challenging is GoD like, and normal is like everyone beats it 10+ guilds beat it day 1.

You see how much of a gap is between GoD difficulty and 10+ guilds beat it within a week? Ever try making difficulty inside that gap?

So your saying in 2004 guilds beaten GoD before OoW came out? You lying?
    At least by 5?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mearatas?
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It still boils down to content being more difficult then players wanted which caused players to leave the game.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean the people that stuck it out through GoD also stuck it out through the next expansion as well?
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I remember guilds giving up on that and coming back to it in later expansions.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  8. uberkingkong Augur

Harder
    Look for those that have no idea how easy it is

Theres no communication or anything.
    GINA
    "recast"
    "cure or die"
    just let GINA tell win the raid for you

Every should be that difficulty or harder. More movement, more doing stuff.
    Challenge challenge challenge.
    Many raids within in the past 4 years put people to sleep. With how boring and easy, unchallenging.

This is why I say

FFXIV raids people do for a year
    EQ raids people do for a year

New game both raiders goto
    EQ raiders will struggle, whine and complain on the new game about raids "too hard"
    FFXIV raiders, nothing new here.

EQ, what is dodge? What are these red circles. What is this green circle. What are these overland icons and what not.

EQ raids are easy compared to modern games.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because you have all the audio triggers laid out doesn't mean it will be an easy raid.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  10. Tolzol Augur

My guy that is a guild doing the raid 4 expansions later. Mearatas was a difficult raid when it was current. And a perfect benchmark for what a final event should be imo at least for initial release (can be nerfed later on). If it wasn’t difficult it would have gotten beaten way faster than it did.
    Cassiera and Skuz like this.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

EQ raiders they couldn't even do this

EQ raiders been living in easymode raids for past 15 years. year after year past 15 years.

FFXIV only gets more and more people.
    YouTube video??? 1 month ago, its a thing today.

HARD
    CHALLENGING
    Raids

EQ, easy boring, GINA "move away" "cures or die"

FFXIV no gina you communicate others, you know what to do. You pay attention and see.
    Theres no hand holding
    GINA says "move"

The boss is charging a laser beam, what do you think? move
    Visuals, not no outdated game big red text "charging laser" and GINA letting you know to "move"
    visuals

EQ raiders
    FFXIV raiders
    play a new raiding game
    EQ raiders be quitting real fast in the new game "going back to EQ this is too hard"
    FFXIV, nothing new, I've seen worse I've been challenged harder

Look at that first video FFXIV raids, 1 month ago. Hard raids a thing these days, get with the times.
    Difference between unbeatable and hard/challenging too.
  12. Marton Augur

Nennius and Skuz like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mearatas was intentionally hard, some players considered it to be Prathun's application to be a WoW Raid designer.
    Yinla and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

The Marquis de Prathun.
    Marton and Skuz like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You obviously have never done that raid before if you think it is so easy that audio triggers make it trivial.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

QFT

I did it on TLP (in-era during TBL just before ToV unlocked) which was a down-tuned version of what live got originally & it was still tough as nails, mostly because it required near perfection execution from each & every player with how unforgiving the fail criteria were. Shout out to Original Gangster Club for having me along.

Oh & I have played FF raids right up to the most recent content when my son who plays it full time needed an extra here & there, just as a point of comparison.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. uberkingkong Augur

They need to do FFXIV Raid designer.
    Did you see the video, here look again.

You see everything you have to deal with, thats not even the hardest.

Just because its 10 people rather than 54 doesn't mean 54 is harder.
    54 just means 54 opportunties to mess up, hence they have to hold back a lot on difficulty.

Mearatas, scaled down for 10, is nothing than

scaled up to 54 people.

More people just more excuses to make raids less challenging.

The developers made EQ raiders comfortable with low bar easymode raids, its their fault we are in such a sad state when it comes to raid difficulty.

FFXIV embraces challenging raids

Unreal raids
    Savage raids
    Ultimate raids

EQ just 1 tier T3, easymode raids thats it.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Getting older for sure... but some of the posters on here act like everyone playing EQ is about to die and living in the long term care facility. It's kind of absurd to read.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Respectfully, If you have not done Mearatas in-era you simply do not know what the hell you are talking about

FF & EQ raid design is completely different.

Also FF & EQ have massively different audiences.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No. Mearatas was hard because it was the most limited beta tested raid in 10 years. They also made it 10x easier on expansion release than it was on beta. We only got it to 75% in beta and basically gave up on it as not reasonable.

Since they didn't test it really, we live tested it for them. And they were planning to nerf it within the week a guild first started fighting it until people begged them not to.

Anyway, anyone complaining about guilds having beta access to raids is a joke. ANYONE can get into beta. Just order the expansion you are going to order anyway.

ANYONE can beta test raids *usually without having to do the progression to request them*.

ANYONE can clear their lockouts to refine their strats on a raid they have beaten.

ANYONE in beta can read the threads on the beta forums with full instructions, run downs, and intentions as well as 6 weeks of balance discussions and changes for each event.

All t3 hard? Nah, how about ONE final raid that is very hard. Then nerf it 6 months after release. Do that and most of us would be happy enough.