What's on your EQ QoL wishlist for 2023?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hobs, Jul 6, 2023.

1. Razorfall Augur

For me I'd really enjoy pet unity AAs for my BST. Azia for Aggression and dps procs, Beza for Protection and defensive procs. Best if on different timers.
    Tanlie and Hobitses like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Please god no. They did this to EQ2s itemization and it completely gutted any sense of item value when everything has the same stats in the early levels.
    Rijacki, Koshk and CatsPaws like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Outside of a TLP server what is the problem with that? It isn't hard to shoot through the lower levels and not get much in the way of useful gear.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Group campfires. Same as regular campfires requiring 3, placed by the group leader, can be ported to regardless of fellowship.

Account linking for multiple account holders to manage billing. Linked account discounts for families.

Scheduled billing where I can set my billing date.

Automatic DBC claim with no discount purchase window popup.

Overseer mass conversion.

Overseer quests having the quest type listed (Plunder, harvest, etc) so I don't have to click through to find the mission I want.

Overseer missions times being adjusted so you do them at the same time every day (5.5 hours, 11 hours, 23 hours).

Account linked chat like how the battle client works, where I can access friends regardless of what character they are on and when I put a problem player on ignore, they can't continue to act inappropriate on an alt, because it ignores the account.

DBG supported parser

DBG supported Boxing tools

A significant improvement to the in game audio triggers.

A "Rytan" NPC, or multiple, in the GL and PoK that buffs players with top buffs for their levels so people stop Mass AFKing in the same places to mooch buffs.

Short range track, "situational awareness", for all classes, just long enough to show the mobs up in your immediate surroundings, not long enough to see a camp beyond the one you are in.

Shrink continues while zoning or if hit by an illusion. A remove shrink AA or other way to instantly remove shrink without zone / illusion.

Revamp the buff window, where I can close my buff window, and set a custom window that keeps buffs in specific slots for quick viewing and a quick view detrimental buff window.

A way to easily identify damage shields in my buff window when I want to click them off.

Make Merc armor drop from all named in all expansions from the one it was introduced to the the one that introduces the next armor.

Love the alternate paths for earning group currency suggestion.

Make currency heirloom.

Open to a group -> raid currency conversion, like 10:1? Still have to beat the raid to buy the item from vendor.

Never again have NoS loot itemization.

Enchanter project illusion works on pets allowing ENC to cast any illusion they can cast on a player on their, and possibly other players, pets.

Enchanter Gather Mana not being complete trash.

Illusion: Gender (same as the disgenderment potion but a temporary spell), or split adventurer illusions into both male / female spell lines.

Cleric DPS improvements.

Druid healing improvements.

Charm being worth the risk, DPS is too low.

Shorter burn timers for Wizards.

Better spell AI for cleric mercs.

Fix wizard merc DPS.

Give wizards CotH.
    YesPLease, Ozon, Metanis and 8 others like this.
  5. kookoo Augur

overseer tetradrachm ( currencies ) who is tradable in FV.
    to be able to have more than 1000 max quantity ,

some of my accounts have 600,000 or so overseer currencies , some want to buy these ,
    600 K is ----------->>> 600 clicks since the max quantity is ** only ** set at 1000.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Fenthen like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

/follow++
    Hobitses, Koshk and kookoo like this.
  7. Goranothos Augur

Pet inventory window. Been saying this since 2001.
    Stymie, B0HICA, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Cidran Augur

Would be very happy with ability consolidation & reducing button mashing as much as possible.
    Dre., Metanis, Allayna and 1 other person like this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Remove the 6 characters needed to get an LDoN mission restriction.
    Dre., Goranothos, Hobs and 2 others like this.
  10. Knifen Augur

I raise you, remove needed char for all requests. If you can get a raid with one toon and do it cool, if your gonna die in it for trying, cool. But whats the reasoning for requiring addtil toons for anything at this time. Regardless if the end result can be achieved by one person, it shouldn't eliminate the ability for said person to try.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

The "X number of players required" restriction should be lifted for instanced/dynamic content, as well as locked zones, once you're 5 expansions past that expansion. There's zero reason to keep those kinds of restrictions on 15+ year old content, especially on a Live server.
    Fenthen, Hobs and Rijacki like this.
  12. Knifen Augur

Even on new and current expansions its not needed. All its forcing is for someone to get 5 others in group just to grab task than they all drop. If it was actually forcing 6 toons to be in zone throughout the event I could see required amount in it.

Now if its done this way to prevent every yahoo on the server from grabbing their own DZ/instance/mission whatever than I quasi get it.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Uh, its been 3 for years. You, a merc and one other. Unless your on TLP maybe? Dunno about them folk.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think he might be talking about the raids. I forget how many people you need for those.
  15. Gigobyte Pretty Good Person

I would also like to be able to buy a 115 character boost for say 4500-5000 DBC

also, how about tradable loot around 85
    Hobitses likes this.
  16. Kirab Lorekeeper

Native Linux support
    Drewie, Vumad and Hobs like this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

LDON raids do require 6 but most of them can be in another zone like baz traders etc. There are one or two of the raids that due to the mechanics you would need a box inside with you. I really don't see this as a QOL, more of learn how to get around stuff lol
    Hobitses likes this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's the entire point he's making. LDoN came out 20 years ago. There's ZERO reason you should still need 6 people on a Live server to get a raid from that expansion in 2023. Getting rid of the minimum group size requirement is ABSOLUTELY a QOL improvement.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All the old epics, quests, raids etc were set up for groups and guilds and to encourage grouping etc. It would make it kindergarten easy to solo all this older content but it goes against the original reasoning by the devs. Many players have no problem getting the numbers weather they ask in chat or have alts.

A better QOL would be to allow mercs in raids so those players who do not have a healer available but cannot raid without one
  20. GamerGramps Journeyman

The ability to create a Do Not Forage list. We'd still forage the item, but we'd get the message, "You have foraged an item that you do not want and leave it alone." and it doesn't go onto your cursor.

Or at the very least, let all foraged items stack to 1000.
    Vumad, Metanis, Xyroff-cazic. and 5 others like this.