The true solution to name KS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sabra, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Sabra Lorekeeper

haha its not a perma camp people need to sleep. I love how everyone jumps to the most unrealistic worse case scenario.
    Zrender likes this.
  2. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

You dont understand whats going on here do you
  3. Larsen Augur

The true solution is to scrap this bizarre encounter locking mechanic altogether and just launch a TLP whose main feature is the evolving expansion bonuses and legacy character XP boost.
  4. Zrender Augur

DPG: implements encounter functionality that's in EVERY other non-PvP mmo
    You: "What's with this bizarre encounter locking?"
    code-zero likes this.
  5. TheRealMuramx Elder

Removing the Mechanics or adding new rules is a cop out excuse for them being lazy. What people wanted was at the very minimum, was for DPGs to enforce their own TOS.

I can't remember the last time someone intentionally trained me or my group. But I can tell you how how often on Mischief I would pull a named and in mid pull someone would try to snag it after I got it out solo. Or a box army would drop in and murder what I was klling and then laugh about "DPS race bro" yeah cause my 3 characters vs their 12 right? Or camped an epic mob for hours only to again have some box army destroy it while I am fighting it.

Training =against TOS = suspension or ban for habitual offenders.
    habitual KSers that taunt = Greifing =against TOS = suspension/ban.
    AFK power levelers. If they aren't training or using 3rd party software, it doesn't matter how jealous of them you are they aren't breaking any rules. If the do train or are using 3rd then = against TOS = suspension/ban.

What players don't want are some easy way zany mechanics that's going to have its own set of issues. What they do want overall id DPGs to enforce their own rules or tell everyone do what you want so players that are playing under the rules can play like the half that doesn't care.
  6. Sabra Lorekeeper

I understand what automation is. And with my system you can setup thresholds. When you see a PH being killed over X amount of times by the same person/group you can setup an alert and that person can be investigated and banned (permanently - but that would loose them money).

But, what does darkpaw do? They ban them for a short period of time and they're back at it again in no time. The points of this post is that there are many simple solutions darkpaw can implement. Why don't they? Krono is keeping them running and you playing this game my friend.
  7. Koshk Augur

I agree with wade_watts 100%. If only a little "why" had been included in the announcement, how much rampant confusion and speculation might have been avoided the past week?

<insert imminent, default reply from our favorite, resident forum poster, reminding us that official feedback is on the way, and we should all just remain silent and patiently wait for it.>
    Sabra likes this.
  8. Trox2010 Augur

The "why" it is being implemented is because they wanted to also implement the EQ2 Pay to Raid system but the blow back made that impossible to follow through on (especially since the forums here were already melting down over it before the announcement). The problem it is trying to address was J.Chan stating in the interview that "this years TLP will be experimental".

And I will stick to that statement considering it has taken them over a week to publish any type of information on what their thought was behind this decision. If they had actually take the time to sit down and think about this ruleset and why they felt it needed to be done, then they could have had a well thought out and thorough explanation as to the change within a day or two. Then we would be able to understand their thought behind it and could have discussed the pros and cons knowing that important piece of information.
    Velisaris_MS and MasterMagnus like this.
  9. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

DPG has discovered that more kronos are being retraded than purchased from them. There are kronos that have been traded between players for cash many times yet DPG only got paid once. They are hoping to turn the cash players spend on kronos from players and traded to plvlers to out of pocket xp pot sales. Killing the micro economy without explicitly banning people is a good start to seeing fresh money that was normally only from one players paypal to another players krono stack
    MasterMagnus likes this.