Anyone else annoyed Straha never finished WTF Comics?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Lilura Augur

Mods, I would gladly put this in a non-game forum if you still had The Tavern. Not sure why you got rid of the off-topic forum.

Anyway...

I followed that EQ-inspired comic from day one and watched Waller grow incredibly as an artist. Looking at episode 1 vs 485 you can't believe it's the same guy.

But he dragged it out too long, went off on too many tangents, and never finished. Inevitably life got in the way and he abandoned it and after following the comic for, what, 15 years? It's abandoned.

I'm disappointed. I really wanted to see where he was going with it.

Anyone else?
    Fanra likes this.
  2. flash000 Augur

hell yes Smoke side story was awesome

i was so lol with the Gnome monks that was priceless
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Daedly Augur

Link so i can read it please
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

5. Daedly Augur

6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Daedly likes this.
  7. Lilura Augur

It's too late to edit, but I made a poor choice of words in the headline. Not annoyed, but disappointed. I'm let down, not mad at him.
  8. Brohg Augur

w.t.f indeed. Bing??
  9. Raccoo Augur

10. AB_H'Sishi Augur

As of today (Feb 22nd, 2023) "wtfcomics.com" ends on a Domain Parking side and the sub page for Smoke comics eventually lead me to the F-Secure main page.

As sad as it is, it seems the comic is completely abandoned. I know there was also a forum accessible from the wtfcomics page which is now at least hard to find, if not even gone.
    No clue if the artist is fine or whatever reason caused him to abandon the comic.
  11. Windance Augur

His domain has lapsed a few times and he has gotten it fixed.

For those who have never read the comics it is a EQ inspired tale about a noobie elven druid trying to find her dad who has gone missing.

Along the way she stumbles into one mishap after another, constantly being saved by a grumpy iksar warrior whos scaly on the outside, but has a soft under belly when it comes to the kid.

The comic is full of EQ places and characters. Has a wonderful sense of humor.

For those looking for something to do during the next patch day try the link above and maybe if he's got it working you'll be able to enjoy some incredible EQ comics.
  12. strongbus Augur

wtb gnome monks in game.
  13. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

I actually spoke with him quite recently. To sum up, he's done. I'm just as bummed as everyone else. As much as I've supported and poked at him over the years, I think I knew this was coming. There was just a matter of him admitting it.

He's still one of my favorite grumps. Always adore the Grumpy Leezard.
  14. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Gnome monks are the main reason a any class any race server is due!
    WTF was awesome, 8bit theatre is another fun one.

Shout out to oglaf comics, but you definitely should not google it. Unless your a degenerate like me...
  15. Windance Augur

Would be kind of cool if he posted one panel a day on the forums. Kind of like the joke of the day.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Clan of the Waist Down Fist, Attack!
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  17. Windance Augur

One of my favorite WTF moments is when Stratha and "Red" go burning down the pirate isle.
  18. Vilem New Member

[IMG]
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There were a few EQ-inspired comics long long ago and I miss them all. Each of the artists has gone on to other things in their lives just like many of us have. It was a time of lightning in a bottle.
    Fanra and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  20. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

I still have a coffee mug from the original CafePress storefront with those silly gnome monks.