When is truebox being removed from Mischief?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cronar, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Cronar Elder

I thought i read somewhere that it was being removed when PoF opened, but it is still i place.
    Any news?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As far as I am aware it has never been announced that true box will be removed from any servers besides Vaniki and Yelinak.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  3. Brildon Augur

You misread or fell for a rumor. The last official stance from Daybreak is they weren't retroactively adding the relaxed and removal of truebox on the TLPs prior to Yelinak/Vaniki
    Cronar likes this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Oh? The last response I saw was that they were going to evaluate how Yelinak / Vaniki removal went and THEN decide if they were going to retroactively add it to older servers.
  5. jeskola pheerie

evaluation period is approx 2 years, decision period another 2.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Let em all become live servers while they evaluate and the problem goes away.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Ddezul Augur

Empty?
  8. hein Augur

Has this already been done? or yet still future?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No sure on the timeline for all of that.
  10. Captain Video Augur

Relaxed truebox will unlock on Yelinak at OoW, which is now seven (7) months away. Their evaluation won't begin until after that happens.
  11. 3rdconix Elder

Would be nice if they didn't wait so long to evaluate. Relaxed truebox does exactly what their original intent was while also having additional benefits of being less clunky, less player disruptions, less resource usage, less electronic waste. It's just a better version of Truebox 1.0.
    Appren likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It has already happened on Vaniki, getting groups there is now very, very hard as most are boxing.

I'd recommend getting mercs earlier rather than removing truebox.

Yelniak is a few months down the road still.
    Agrippa likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fair point given that Mercs won't currently go live on TLP until SoD unlocks.

Mercs going live when Truebox is removed would be a good move, the problem is the tuning of Mercs is very inconsistent across expansions, in some later ones (looking at you TBL) they are all but useless while in the expansions pre Omens they are quite strong & before PoP arguably overpowered (for TLP at any rate).
    If Truebox is removed earlier than SoD there's a strong argument for retuning some earlier level Mercs but that's not going to make Live Server Players in those level ranges too happy (as few as there are).
  14. Xilbuster Journeyman

they might as well delete the cleric class than. its already hard to get any sort of a group as a cleric main , cleric got to be the #1 box character, after like 2nd week of Luclin on tlp it was pretty impossible to ever get a group as a main cleric. I disagree 1000% mercs and truebox shouldn't have anything to do with each other. Truebox should just be lifted on every tlp after 1 year after a TLP launches a Good chunk of the population are gone by than or there going to jump on the New tlp. Let the people do what ever they want.
  15. Nolrog Augur

I would like to see mercs sooner than SOD, but if I had to pick one thing, I'd say that campfires and guild banners far more than anything right now.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Hirbow Augur

No truebox removal for Mischief officially announced, and I hope they never do. Leave Mischief alone. If you wanted a non-true box server or future server, there's plenty of other options . You made your choice for greater loot than easier boxing.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

It would be a choice if there was a relaxed/removed truebox version of mischief or even a relaxed/non truebox normal server that launched with mischief. Since there isn't there wasn't much of a choice was there?
    ForumBoss likes this.
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

Hirbow is just a Yelinak shill who hopes to curb the massive popularity of Mischief because he views it as the cause for Yelinaks poor population. Not to be taken seriously.
    Tweakfour17 and Appren like this.
  19. Tornat Augur

Please ! Thornblade to !
  20. Pikollo Augur

Make it relaxed on Thornblade. Keep full truebox on Mischief =P
    ISmellLikeInnySwamp likes this.