Can we get EQ3 but without this

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Oct 5, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

I'm ready for EQ3.
    EQ is 1999, very old game, I played on TLP 3 times already. I'm all nostalgia'd out.
    It's not the same anymore. I'd rather do EQ2 TLP then another EQ TLP.

So I'd like EQ3 but without what is shown that video.
    Where they actually finish the game, not make excuses and people still wondering what happened.

Like, I remember being told in roadmap, UI upgrade. Still wondering what of it.
    Seeing experienced earned 1.92%. Thats not a UI upgrade. 9 months for that? smh
    9 months say 1 person worked on it, salary is like $100,000. So basically $75000 money went into being able to see in text that I earned that much xp?

It's not a modern MMORPG UI where I see my xp gained in the game, not wasting a textbox, not wasting a chat window, not wasting my space.
    This is a modern UI, not wasting textbox space and everything

EQ can't even do that??? Because its old engine old game old everything. This is why we need EQ3.
    If EQ had this, laggg laggg laggg. Can't even handle lag without it. Thats why we need EQ3. EQ is old engine, old everything. TLP vibes are getting old. Nostalgia is getting old.

See that nice UI, lots of viewspace. Your being fed information you need too so not missing anything.
    This EQ,

It's not much viewspace, too many text boxes. Good UI for 2002, but 2022? Terrible UI.
    Not getting any Live Youtube or Twitch viewers on this because can't see anything. Boxing takes focus, having to look at textboxes take focus, not much interaction with the livestreamer because they have too much to focus on due to oldway UI design.

Jumping into any newgame easy. Jumping into EQ, headache. Not because its tough, but because all this setup you have to do.
    All that setup is because UI is so old and not with modern times.
    All that setup burns you out and makes you rethink should I try this game or no.
    Not many newplayers.
    If it takes 9 months to do UI feature, you see your actual xp earned in chat box now, 9 months? How many months or years for a actual, modern UI? Many months and years?
    Save yourself and make EQ3 instead.

EQ is 1999 game, very old engine. Always being maintenanced due to old age.

It's time for EQ3.
    A game where young people, in their 20s and some 30s play the game and are the majority of the population. Not 90% of the people I meet in game "hail, I'm retired" "me too!" "me three" "retirees unite".

Even World of Warcraft the game still has people in their 20s and 30s, their playerbase didn't age much at all, they are getting newplayers. EQ is just recycling retirees. Retirees coming and going.

Again, I'm ready for EQ3, I want updated graphics, looking at nostalgia graphics, it gets old. I want to experience Everquest but in a new game. EQ2 that game is 2004, thats 18 years old, old engine as well, old old game.

18 years, its time for a new game.
    This game isn't capturing newplayers unlike Runescape and World of Warcraft. It's just retirees coming and going. They milking the retirees its all this game is doing right now. It's setup perfectly to milk them since its box friendly game.

This game been milking nostalgia for 10 years already, I'm all nostalgia'd out. I'm ready for an actual game now. Could care less about "the perfect TLP"
    Remember the old ogre models, scratching their butts. I said that 10 years ago for the past couple years. I'm getting remembering the last time I said remember, nostalgia'd out, and its not even nostalgia anymore.

I'm ready for EQ3. It's time to start thinking about it seriously.
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

2012 is the last time we had a new, fresh, organic storyline in EverQuest. I'd prefer they just work on making EverQuest better and don't just keep it in maintenance mode.
    Hobitses, Orienn and code-zero like this.
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

UI fix should be an opt in feature, leave my UI as is please.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

No way is DPG going to make EQ3 to compete with EQ and EQ2. Thats just not happening. So if we do get a more modern eq it wont be eq lore and it wont be DPG. It will have to be a new world from a different gaming company. And Id be happy with that, so long as its an eq type game. 3d, large open world, many races, many classes (including bard), not twitch combat, content for solo and group and raid.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Marton Augur

EQ3 is called Monsters&Memories ;).
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure a lot of that is what they tried with EQ Next and Landmark which got shutdown after a lot of work was done.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

ESO eh? So like,.. that's one person's setup for that specific stream or clip or whatever..

[IMG]

[IMG]

That's a HEFTY misrepresentation of EQ's UI vs ESO' s UI that you made there.
  9. Meeko Developer(Code)

My suggestion is to refresh your memory for when the "New UI Engine" was slated for.
  10. Maedhros High King

Sounds like you're looking for a new game. Good luck, there are plenty out there.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

ESO great world and lore, mediocre to bad gameplay.
    Joules_Bianchi and Bobbybick like this.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Will the new user interface for EQ be coming in 2023?
  13. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I agree with the original poster. EverQuest 3 is long overdue. SOE and Daybreak have made millions of dollars over the years from the EQ franchise. A portion of those revenues should have been put aside for the development of new EverQuest products. Every single responsible company in the video game industry does this.

Development on World of Warcraft started in 1999 and was released in 2004. Somehow, Blizzard managed to upgrade the WoW engine, WoW characters, and tools for the past 23 years to keep WoW fresh and relevant. They're even coming out with a brand new UI soon.

The "EQ is an old engine made 23 years ago" excuse just doesn't cut it anymore.

Why didn't SOE and Daybreak do likewise and upgrade the EQ engine?

If Darkpaw is not going to release EverQuest 3, have the honesty to at least let us know. If that is so, then at least modernize the engine and avatars to at least make EQ palatable to a new generation of MMO players.
    Zonesix likes this.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Looking at the pics, I would love healthbars under names as an option.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

SOE actually planned to remake all the original zones with better graphics(most of them were well received, except Freeport and Nektulos Forest which got a second more faithfull remake) as well as new player models.
    I also think they upgraded most of the animal models with new tech, but rolled them back again to appease the nostalgic players on TLP's.

Personally, I think remade zones were a great idea. You can see in later expansion where we revisit old areas, that they actually have the skills to make faithful remakes that looks pretty cool(I always liked Blackburrow in SoD). :)
    Yinla and Brontus like this.
  16. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I think he made it pretty clear, he's looking for EverQuest 3.

When DarkPaw games was formed in 2020, they mentioned that they would be creating "the next innovation for the franchise". It is reasonable to assume that would be EQ3.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/news/...uces-three-new-franchise-studios-january-2020

Darkpaw Games will be focusing on EverQuest, one of the most legendary MMORPG IPs recognized worldwide. Holly Longdale will continue to lead the studio as its Executive Producer. Darkpaw’s mission is to continue to expand upon the unique and amazing fantasy adventure that is EverQuest and EverQuest II and develop the next innovation for the franchise.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The issue (most?) had with the remade zones.. is that they used MS Paint to slather the same gaudy textures over everything. It was all blended and "muddy" looking with no crisp definitions anywhere. They did a decent job with new content.. but the zone makeovers were/are kinda awful to look at.
    Mikana likes this.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The OP treats the forums like they're a place to dump his Facebook updates on or something and it's getting old.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I thought I remembered (probably mistakenly) that those zone reworks were done by interns. No?

@uberkingkong
    Look - I am a HUGE fan of Norrath and EverQuest lore. My inner child is screaming for a new EverQuest MMO. You need to convince Ji Ham EverQuest is worth investing in - and you're not going to do that by launching into a tirade railing against EverQuest.

EverQuest currently makes MONEY. PROFIT. A heap of it. More than most of the other games in their portfolio combined. You're asking them to throw a wrench in their money machine!

Does EverQuest deserve to be improved? Yes it does. Does it deserve to grow. Yes. Is the EverQuest franchise strong enough to bring a new MMO to market? Sadly - I don't see it.

All that said -I want the EQ Next I was promised.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Wait...am I NOT supposed to be doing that? :eek: