No charm, no AOE exp server pls

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anduven, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Anduven Journeyman

That is all, thx.
  2. Lineater Augur

Pick any private server if you wanna play by yourself.
  3. Vlorg Augur

so only the most simplistic, slow, tank-and-spank XP grind allowed?
  4. GodsFavoriteAnt New Member

More like he doesn't like that Enchanters, a control class not a DPS class, dominate DPS charts for the first few expansions. Nor does he like people who sell PL and PL scams apparently.

The latter being hazards in some zones as these people view the game as their business and you being in the zone as detrimental to their business. To that end they will cause massive trains and run them over your group to get you to leave. This is against the rules, but DBG does very little to enforce the rules. Weird how a paid group of GMs does a worse job than volunteers on P99 and other outside servers.
    Dre. and Duder like this.
  5. Xhartor Augur

AEing is mostly dead after PoP. The AE stuns that work on 56+ mobs aren't as viable for locking mobs down.

As for charm, playing between GoD-PoR, charm isn't very present. Post PoR it isn't as powerful as it had been.
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

Ever since they implemented the 20% nerf to charmed NPCs - Classic - PoP your BiS Monks will give hasted charm pets a run for their money. About midway through GoD, Monks (and other damage classes) are so far ahead it isn't even worth charming.

The AoE argument is another animal in itself. I don't mind if AoE groups do it respectfully, but if they are bold and are in prime group spots - then I have an issue. On Aradune I recall we had an 'AoE Group' try an train our geared static group that had it's own Enchanter and we just continuously killed everything until it was dead as they tried to AE everything down. They couldn't keep up with their own trains and ran out of mana.
  7. Anduven Journeyman

The irony of this comment is unbelievably ignorant. These mechanics mean everyone boxes a cleric and enchanter to cheese the entire game instead of actually playing with a group of people.

Increase the rate of EXP. Just create a dynamic that encourages everyone actually create and play as a group instead of cheese the entire game by boxing enc/clr. Simple? Simple.

The entire game is dead after PoP.
    Dre. likes this.
  8. Captain Video Augur

In light of this statement, I'm sure the dev team is taking your request very seriously.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Windance Augur

How about a NO EXP server? Everyone is locked to level 1 ... go !
  10. Cheet Elder

It's alive and well through OoW.
    Lineater likes this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

AE makes a comeback in VOA/ROF as well.
  12. Ddezul Augur

The people saying it's only for x or y expacs generally only play through PoP then recycle.
  13. Anduven Journeyman

The dev team knows this, that's why they keep pumping out new TLPs every year. They would do well to listen to some of these suggestions instead of insisting on coming up with their own original ideas because of some sort of ego issue, half of which flop.
    Dre. likes this.
  14. Raltar Augur

By that logic, they release a live expansion every year, too...so clearly, the game is not dead past PoP.
    Appren and Skuz like this.
  15. Captain Video Augur

The dev team knows the game is dead after PoP? In light of this statement, I'm sure they are taking your request even more seriously. How do you feel about people buying a 29th expansion and level 100 Heroic character for a game that died and no longer exists?
  16. Anduven Journeyman

The player base is stratified into two extremes. People who play up to PoP and people who play Live. The vast majority of TLP players fall into the former bucket. This isn't rocket science.
    Dre. likes this.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Vaniki, Mischief, Thornblade, Rizlona, Aradune, Mangler, Ragefire and Coirnav all say hi.
    Appren likes this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Lol right? Yelinak is the only TLP pre-pop. Agnarr can possibly be counted in there I guess maybe. The vast majority of TLP players are playing POST-PoP.
    Appren likes this.
  19. Anduven Journeyman

Compare the populations of those servers now vs earlier expansions. I guarantee you its a fraction. Can you try to make a well-reasoned argument next so its worth my time to log in and reply?
  20. Captain Video Augur

My well-reasoned argument is, I don't want you to reply.
    Duder likes this.