Overseer Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Add Hunter targets to military and stealth missions as a reward. Same premise as collection fragments.
    Raltar, Wdor and Ozon like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Please, NO!
    Zunnoab likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I actually wouldn't mind this, but I'd prefer to see the fragment cost to tick a box 3-4x higher than collections.
  4. Kinadorm Augur

I would love to see this added as an option to overseer. It hurts nothing and might free up the real mobs for people that want the items they drop instead of just camping them for the hunter check mark.
    Wdor, Koshk and Ozon like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or have the Overseer reward be something which makes the named spawn when you go to their spot.
    Ozon likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Or just play the freaking game.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don’t think you can play Overseer without playing EQ.
    Wdor and Koshk like this.
  8. Paladin Augur

No, no and just no.

Hunters are easy enough to get if you co-op with others (group, raid).... in fact, you don't even have to be in the same zone. If your group or raid kills a target while you are AFK in PoK, you still get kill credit
    Wdor likes this.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Sounds like a reason just to add it to Overseer.

PS. Delete the bottom half of the post, this is how we lose nice things.
    Koshk likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they made the "hunter" quests 72 hours, used a mechanic like the collection quests (combine X number of things to get the "named"), and also set it like the collections so it can't be used on current content...absolutely.
    Wdor, Koshk and Skrab like this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This seems like a kick in the junk to people spent a lot of time working on their hunter achievements
    Andarriel, MacDubh and Nennius like this.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

Better that adding hunter would be removing collections.
  13. MacDubh TABLES!!!

One of the worst reasons not to change something, right up there with "we've always done it this way".
    Wdor and Koshk like this.
  14. Paladin Augur

Just a bad idea from the get go.

Remove such things and the reason to Play (adventure, challenge, strategy, fun, etc.) also disappears.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

That doesn't make the idea good.
    Vumad likes this.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

So, were Collections and Hunters. This is just expanding the functionality of Overseer consistent with its current design.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

Expanding on a bad design is even a worse idea than the bad design. Collections should not be in Overseer.

Agreed, but this is not applicable to ACH. All these changes do is cheapen the ACH. The ACH is already easier once making the kills trivial. Giving a checkbox for a kill you never did or a collection you never had is not right.

Imagine you go to persons house and they have a glass case with a label for a babe ruth autographed ball, and they say, oh yeah, never actually held one, but I got the credit.

Sounds absolutely ridiculous because it is.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Let's go through all things that would "cheapen" a hunter achievement: holiday events, spawn rate adjustments, agents of change, over-leveling, running a raid and sitting in GHall and getting credit.

Your analogy is pretty off the wall, too. I don't know why you would think that's a good pick.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

One of the main reason i play is for hunters. you make it so ppl can finish hunters through overseer is stupid i mean talk about easy mode. I take pride in finishing Norrathian, Moonslayer and dungeon slayer because those are grinds yet no reward what so ever.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

Increased rares and not having to ever even enter that zone are so far apart it's not even worth discussing.