Overseer: Scorched Skies agents

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Fian Augur

It seems like one of the overseer quests right now is related to Scorched Skies. It starts out with recruitment quests, and after a few of those you may get non recruitment quests from scorched skies (which take a lot fewer agents than other quests). I haven't tried to get any agents the traditional way of combining 3 agents to get one higher level agent. Does anyone know if that way also gives you scorched sky agents, or is it from quests only?

Note: I did the 3 scorched skies quests, and mission (not overseer), and did not receive any agents from that approach, in case anyone was interested.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There is a Scorched Skies Overseer Pack in the shop. I believe it is 1350 DBC or something like that.
  3. Szilent Augur

the Scorched Sky agents are exclusively from Scorched Sky overseer quests (or the daybreak package)

the first two Recruit quests are guaranteed, you get them in order until you succeed them

then you get either the 12h Explore or the 24h Research event quests, with a chance of the Elite Recruit quest showing up instead

when/if you successfully complete the Elite Recruit quest, then you can get the third non-recruit quest, it'll be in the mix with the Explore & Research
    CrazyLarth and Riou like this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Updated with post-Sol Ro quest.

It would be nice if the Elite recruitment was a tad more common.. or at least appeared after X number of times not appearing.... 5 different accounts, and only the youngest one and least developed overseer has gotten Sol Ro.

Still nothing "special" from Scorched Skies Overseer besides agents.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Six accounts here, haven't seen Plunder the Plane of Fire or Divine Intervention on any of them.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I'm like.. 99.99% positive you need to get the DI quest before Plunder PoF shows up.. but yeah.. DI is way too rare for limited time event.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, having something that's really rare in a time limited event is just idiotic, especially when quests take 12 or 24 hours to do.

"But you can wait and try again in next year's event!" Yeah, screw that.

The only thing I can think of is that they're hoping people either pay to finish that tasks early and run them more often, or just outright buy the agents from the store.

Feels very much like a money grab scam to me as opposed to an "event".
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's my take as well. And with accounts which have all other agents already, since OS has been out for 2 years now, there's not much motivation to buy the pack for just 4 new agents.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  10. Szilent Augur

A cheaper pack that was the exclusive source for those four would, ironically, have felt better.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im taking it they want people to buy the packs from the store! I have 5 accounts only seen that elite recruit quest once! What bothers me is i get the 24 hr research alot to a point where i log on 12 hrs later and another research quest comes up. Usually if you got a quest up they wont come up again in quest window.Being curious i tried doing a 2nd quest while i had the other running and it failed to start and vanished not sure if thats a bug or what. If my 1 elite quest goes the way were my agents vanish im gonna kill someone though wish they would of fix that and the failures i keep getting.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yay got my 1st elite just need to get for my other accounts Avatar of Solusek looks pretty cool.

[IMG]
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, if not by design, at least in practice, it IS the only way to get those agents ;)
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

A question I have is. What of the elite recruitment fails when it bugs out and your agents disappear? I had that happen to one of my accts and it's been several days now and I havent seen it again. I'm worried it may not show back up.
  15. Claan Elder

2/3 the way through this limited time event. I've completed every Scorched Skies Overseer quest that's appeared on 3 accounts. Elite recruitment has not shown itself yet. If this doesn't show before the event ends it will be more of a disappointment than a celebration.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Zero for 6 accounts, for elite recruitment, AND the one before it (Plunder the Plane of Fire). Fortunately, I had very low expectations for this event, so it doesn't really bother me.
    Hobitses likes this.
  17. Ashigaru Augur

Out of 6 accounts, I've had Divine Intervention show up once. Not seen the Plunder mission yet
  18. Spacemonkey555 Augur

3/3 for me, just got my last account’s elite recruitment running. The plunder shows up after the elite recruit, which makes sense because the elite recruit is the elite that checks all the boxes for the plunder mission.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Same here...3 accounts and haven't seen the elite recruitment task yet on any of them.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Due to the usual overseer bugs I now have too many iconic scorched skies agents. Both Carlene and Sol Ro are duplicates.

But I can't retire any of them? is that a new bug? :confused:
    Hobitses likes this.