Yelanack, Mischief, or Live?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Nirrtix, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Nirrtix Journeyman

I am looking for a game to have fun. I am not as worried about nostalgia or I would go to a private server where the old zones are still classic. I would however like to play classic dungeons and not have to molo all the damn time. On that note, I would at some point like to try current content. One other thing I like is player housing. It was amazing in EQ2, however I know that game is a shell of what it once was, which saddens me.

Regardless I still love EQ1 and am unsure where to start. I worry if I went to Mischief, it would be too unpopulated for grouping. I also worry Yelanak will become desolate in a year. I already know Live has all the content, but Moloing gets quite repetitive.
  2. Panikker Elder

Short answer is p99 its always good for grouping if going to the top is not a big deal or priority or getting an epic ..but for me I like the beastlord class and p99 just needs one more expansion to make it perfect IMO lol ..Darkpaw just need to make a server with no pop ..and it would be p99 perfection ..translocators , better curved experience ..and druids and wizard still have port utility ..
  3. code-zero Augur

Since you misspelled Yelinak I'm going to recommend one of the high pop live servers j/k
  4. killswitch87 Journeyman

I'm looking to come back as well but I'm burnt out on the TLPs. Looking for a high pop live server and any recommendations on boxing. I'm honestly probably only gonna 2-3 box with mercs since I don't understand the software that lets you solo raid lol. What would be 2-3 good classes for that, I was thinking all mages lol
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Firiona Vie would be the most logical destination for a former Mischief player.

Bristlebane is probably the most populous standard live server

2 MAG 1 ENC if you're looking to 3-box casters, one Mage using earth pet the other using water / air
    2 cleric mercs & add 1 wizard merc only if you need a bit of pathetic extra dps, not worth the plat cost though imho
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

From the OP's post, sounds like Live is out. I have no direct experience with TLPs, but my impression is that they turn into leveling treadmills as soon as they open, so if OP joins a TLP now, it will almost be like live, in that everyone will be max level already, whatever max is for that server.

My two suggestions: Pick the absolute newest TLP (I don't even know which one that is) and join there, or wait til the next TLP opens, and join it right away. Or even some combo of that.
  7. Koshk Augur

Agreed. This is the only practical solution to MP's requirements:
    * Do classic dungeons.
    * Without a lot of molo'ing.

I suppose if you had 3-4 RL friends willing to play, you could do this too, on literally any server. ;)