Bone Chip and Yelinak - A Question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Midnitewolf, May 31, 2022.

1. Midnitewolf Augur

Hi All,

Got a question. In previous TLPs I have always been a EC Merchant and Bone Chips have always been my go to for my initial seed money because they usually sell between 5g and 1pp each in the EC Tunnel. This has always been due to higher level people feeling time is worth more than plat and not wanting to spend several hours farming Bone Chips.

However, I was trying to sell Bone Chips today and someone said that Bone Chips were now sold on vendors and you could buy as many as you wanted at several silver a piece. I know this wasn't the case before, at least not though probably Velious, so did something change or did they not know what they are talking about?

Bonus Question: If they aren't a vendor item, what is a good price to sell them in Classic and/or do people even buy them. I honestly always started in Kunark and well everyone wants Cablis faction so the market is very strong for Bone Chips.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, there are several vendors on Live servers that sell bone chips for the last few years.

If those vendors are up on your server (TLP) would be something you would need to check and see. The NPC list on Allah is premium only. But I know the new npc's in the lobby that used to sell stones now sell chips.
  3. Midnitewolf Augur

I knew about them being vendored in Live but I didn't think they were sold on vendors in classic. That is why I was wondering if this guy actually knew something I didn't or just knew what was available on Live.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Incorrect info unless it's bugged. You may find some bone chips on vendors that other players have sold, but not in unlimited supply. That said I don't think people actually buy them very often either way in early classic. They become more popular in Kunark for building Cabilis faction.
    Appren likes this.
  5. Midnitewolf Augur

You may be right. I usually wait til the TLP hits Kunark before I join in so they might not be all that valuable right now. That sucks of course because it seems every important spell my Necro needs is flipping research only. By the time I can skill up research or make enough plat to buy them, I will have outleveled the usefulness of the spell. I guess I could go the Krono route for plat but it is painful selling a Krono at a max of 1000pp especially because in a few months Krono will probably be worth like 10k and their will be much better stuff to buy.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You have discovered the solution to dealing with low level researched spells ;). With a few notable exceptions like the enchanter AE mez, most low level research spells are better off just being skipped. Maybe a necro pet here and there you could want, but especially if you're grouping for xp rather than soloing, the difference won't be very noticeable at all and you'll just out-level it quickly.
  7. Kahna Augur

Harmshield is about the only research only low level necro spell you need long term. Skip the rest.
  8. Midnitewolf Augur

I don't know, my 24th level Pet spell is pretty important. Trying to solo at level 28 with your 20th level Pet which cons in at 19 I am sure has a pretty dramatic effect on leveling speed. Also using a 20th level pet in a party at 28 probably is a pretty dramatic DPS reduction.

However, yeah at the end of the day you can skip them. It just sucks that you almost have to or pay 50-100pp for a spell what would cost like 10pp if it came from a vendor, at least if you want it at the appropriate level.
  9. Kahna Augur

Go to Unrest/LGuk. Charm undead. No group will care what level your summoned pet is.

And stop soloing, it's not worth the exp even with the level 24 pet.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  10. Oreilly123 New Member

Spider silks and spiderling silks seem to be what is best now for the type of seed money you are referring to.

On Yelinak I leveled up by killing some spiders for a couple levels then sold the 177 spider silks for 200PP in EC.

Other than Krono, spider silks is probably your best bet for getting some startup plat.
  11. Midnitewolf Augur

Used to sell those too. Also HQ Bear hides and a few others were decent plat.