Invis Clarification Please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grarc, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Grarc New Member

Is it intentional for the run to Fear Itself to now require clearing numerous mobs on the run thru Upper House? Now a mix of See Invis and IVU and you get jumped as you try to click into Fear Itself. Seems silly and a hassle for a normal zone.
  2. Emilari UI Designer

Over 20,000 mob types have had their "body type" adjusted - there are a lot of unintended consequences currently live affecting both group and raid play in all expansions. A peek through the bug report forum posts in the past week, and some of the dev responses received there, not to mention Niente's post, Why not use the community rather than breaking things?, would indicate that it's an unintended bug and will likely be adjusted in the future.
    Fenthen and Grarc like this.
  3. Grarc New Member

Figured they would have fixed it today and maybe roll back the body type adjustment until they understand the consequences.
    Ozon and Fenthen like this.
  4. Emilari UI Designer

They have no intention of rolling back the changes, as explained in Niente's post. The only mob-type change that made it into today's patch was the Terror of Luclin shades issue. Hot patches are usually for game breaking things (the spell spec bug, the disc bug) anything else done today was just included as an extra bonus because the fix was also completed.

Everything else will likely wait for the next monthly patch, including some game-breaking raid bugs affecting ToV content.
    Grarc likes this.
  5. Grarc New Member

Thanks Emilari for that info. Waiting a month to play the zones I was focused on just makes me want to find another game.
    Joules_Bianchi and Fenthen like this.
  6. Emilari UI Designer

They've never really done rollbacks on patches that I can recall - it probably makes things more difficult to fix.

Unfortunately, House of Thule content isn't being widely consumed by the playerbase as a whole at the moment, and is a bit lower priority. You could always choose to go play in another zone, there's plenty of content for lvl 85-90.

Another option would be to go acquire some invulnerability clickies or potions so you can live long enough to zone, or you could just use double invis.
    Grarc likes this.
  7. Grarc New Member

You are agro'ing a minimum 15 mobs to get to the port. And, they summon, so potions just make your ping pong experience longer before you die. I realize its old content, but some returning players would like to revisit those zones.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I got to Fear Itself just today actually, and was exping just fine. It's a T3 zone in HoT, and the bone golems that are along the way traditionally see through both kinds of invis anyway. I just ran each character to the zone in and clicked, only got hit a couple times.
  9. Grarc New Member

Hate to disagree with you, but they never agro'd before and it has always been a safe run to Fear Itself.
    Joules_Bianchi, Annastasya and Yinla like this.
  10. zarcal Elder

HOT Lower has a popular camp at the staircase (and i am doing this content with an alt group and there are always people around) running through the courtyard (both undead and normal) you pull a train potentially on a group if you are going to T2/T3/T4.

Hot Has always been safe to travel (with the exception of named) and now it is not. More than my losing experience i would be afraid someone else is camping in my path (but i guess that is just me)
    Grarc likes this.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Recommend you see if this is already reported as a bug, and if not, report it:
    Bug Reports
    Wdor likes this.
  12. Emilari UI Designer

I don't recall the golems in HoT upper/lower seeing through both invis and itu either. Some of the other golems in that expansion did though. I also don't see a thread in the bug report forum for this specific issue, so we should probably make one and see what good old Ratalthor has to say on the subject.

If you'd like to up-vote it to bring attention to the issue you can do so here:

House of Thule - Upper / Lower Floors Invis Issues
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

For the run through Upper Floors to Fear Itself (and Morell's Castle, which I believe is also on that side), regular invis was all anyone needed, prior to last week's patch...nothing, including the golems, saw thru invis.
    Annastasya and Yinla like this.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I stand corrected then, I must be mistaking those bone golems for something else. So long as you have some run speed buff, it isn't too dangerous of a run. You might die if you're going to run at normal speed.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're probably thinking of the golems in the lower floors zone. Those were always undead, and it's impossible to move around that zone without double invis.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I just tried the run again from Upper House to Fear Itself with three 88 characters. One character made it through fine with no damage taken. The next character got spotted by the first bone golem, and got smacked down to 40% health before I could click on the zone out. The last character got caught on a stuck door, the bone golems and fire elementals killed him.

So it's variable, but yeah, more dangerous than it used to be. I don't mind it too much, but I think if it was changed back to the way it used to be, that would be fine.
  17. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

When HoT initially came out years ago HoTU was a mad house to traverse with the mixture of mob types. The player base complained that a hub zone shouldn't be that way and the devs agreed, manually went in and tweaked the mobs to make travel much safer.

With the recent changes to body types and standardization, those manual tweaks were likely lost which is why it is such a mess now.
    Tallie, Velisaris_MS, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Svann2, I agree with him honestly. I'm pondering.. We get how much exp at 120 per kill? Now we have to kill our way to cross zones due to this chage of invis, changes to game play which we paid for. Zones and mobs changes after they got my $. I would have had second thoughts of leveling to 116 if I had known it would take a LOONG time to max my AA in this state today.
    I can't even run from A to B in KV without killing or training players now. I can't do my Intel mission in Bloodfalls. I get practically zero aa per kill on mobs. How many does it take for an AA now?
    Perks, exp potions, lod to help that?
    For the adverage player that gets to the point of going over 115, your in for a suprise here. Max your aa before buying ToL expansion. (and that sucks).
    I have raided all of ToL sofar. I'm working on bricks. I'm not 116 for example.
    Right now, I WILL be double thinking of spending a dime in the game. Before, it was a click of a button.. now it is .. Is it worth it? Should I? Rather pay my CC off with that $45, with that $85..

So we have a life of raiding where player are running scripts, auto playing alts ..
    It is no wonder there is a lot of auto programming going on , because the exp gain per kill means you have to play 24/7 to stay on top in the timeline or you can't raid. Concentrate on only one toon and play during work.

This is the defination of insanity.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Expansion came out early December 2021. 3 of the 4 weekends in December I could not play due to family obligations. I went to an office to work, so did not play then. I missed December 30- early March due to COVID and hospitalization as a result. My mage has been max level/max AA since the end of March.

So I have 70% raid attendance (even after missing two months due to COVID) and never played at work and missing 3 of 4 early weekends, and have basically refuted your suggestion that you have to play 24/7 to be max AA.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think this body type change (which was a fix in search of a problem) kinda proves that when they decide to make sweeping changes, they give zero thought to how it will affect the entirety of the game.

"A couple of mobs have the incorrect body type? Let's go ahead and fix it for 20k+ mobs! What could go wrong?"
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.