Can we just vote on legacy TLP relaxed truebox already?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tweakfour17, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

There have been numerous threads about relaxing truebox on older servers throughout the years. Finally DBG has developed the "relaxed truebox" ruleset. Unfortunately it is currently only going to be applied to Yelinak and Vaniki. There was a thread that garnered the most likes ever on this forum asking for it to be retroactively applied to the older servers as well. As expected trolls got into the thread and managed to derail it and get it locked. A new thread sprung up asking the same thing, this thread is also on a collision course to be locked.

Can we just settle this once and for all? Let each server voice their opinion and vote on it:

Do you want the relaxed truebox ruleset as announced for Vaniki/Yelinak retroactively applied to this server?
    Yes/No

Make it so you need to be within 10 levels on current cap and have logged in within the last 30 days so that its representative of the actual playing population and then let it lie. If the vote fails, next time a thread pops up "sorry we voted, truebox stays". If the vote passes then you will have given the majority of each server what they want.

Please don't reply to this thread if your only intention is to get it locked because you're against it. Let the people have their voice, even the ones who don't live on these forums.
    Kakashi77, Barton, Deadnu and 2 others like this.
  2. UpDog New Member

The issue with this vote is that anyone who boxes now has a much greater representation than anyone who does not. This isn't letting the playerbase actually speak. By example, 4 players who only play one account and vote for truebox are outvote by a player who boxes 6 accounts and votes them all for non-truebox.
  3. Zrender Augur

Sounds like a fair compromise for existing TLPs. They might even get some new accounts out of it. If a server votes no then that's the end of it there. If they implement this then they can finally put this topic to rest permanently (excepting a new full box server whenever the existing one gets to live i.e. Rizlona). After that, save up your best flames so we can all pile on anyone that even brings up anything else about this beat-to-death truebox discussion in the future lol. I'm talking things like "your mother was a gully dwarf" level toxic! :p
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. Ragnoruk Augur

I am all for taking votes, even if it does gets skewed by people that play a ton of accounts. It shouldn't however just be one question. People have different opinions regarding Relaxed Truebox and when it should be activated. You would like it activated around level 75 or whatever, I would like it from the get-go. If they are going to take a poll, it should have several options.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Every server this would apply to would be in the lvl 75+ range though and the 2 new servers are launching with it.
    Ragnoruk and Zrender like this.
  6. Pappasalt Augur

I'm sure it would go in favor of it. I mean I tried and tried to get it on Selo but told me it "wasn't possible" which I knew was bs. Only issue I can see with voting is that the majority that would be voting don't even play up to and past GoD lol.

31 pages and nothing.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/selo-truebox.268384/

Same for out of combat regen, same for hate meter and now same for combining small expansions like DoN. It's like dealing with the government how slow they are.
    Tweakfour17 and Deadnu like this.
  7. Deadnu New Member

Was very disappointed they just locked the thread with 0 response from daybreak. I am really hoping they will remove the truebox at some point . I don't understand the whole not letting us play the game the way we want to play the game, They even make more money!.
  8. Legends Elder

Let's keep making more and more threads about this. That's working great for the PvP community.

All for a poll though. So tired of people here thinking they know what the majority of a server wants.
  9. Ragnoruk Augur

We're not talking about the same thing though. I would like to see relaxed truebox from the start, not starting in GoD or whatever. Even if it's just +1 per client.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

The PvP boys had a Zek event and the devs monitored that for interests. What would you like us to do? Log onto Rizlona and make that a high pop server? Oh wait. They know the interest is there, a vote is the only way to shut both of us up.
  11. Legends Elder

I feel like we've had this conversation 100 times over.

What you could do is...
    Play on Rizlona if you wanna box on one PC. If you want the relaxed thing later, play on the new TLP's.

I'm all for what you're asking to be implemented around the 70/75's like I said previously. I think its kind of crazy to change rulesets of ongoing servers without asking the players who have played said ruleset for a year or more, but polling would probably be the best approach to doing that.
  12. Magician9001 Augur

I'm down to see a poll. Just make sure to do it when the new server launches. Make sure to include strengthened truebox also. I want physical pictures of each computer with photo ID required to box period and a hard cap 3 boxes per household. Get rid of the VMs and cheaters along with the vocal minority all in one fail swoop. Make Yelinak the best phinny clone ever!

Be careful what you wish for OP!
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why are we waiting for the new servers to launch? This thread is for the older TLPs. And Truebox is as strong as its going to get, if DBG thought they could do better they would. They tried with Aradune and look how that turned out.

Sweet, how do I go about transferring my toons off Mangler to Rizlona? I don't see it as a destination. Help me Legends, you have all the answers.
  14. Legends Elder

Sure thing.

When you log into the game and get to server select, read about the servers, don't just select one and expect it to magically change to what you want it to be.

It's not important enough for you to reroll to get it, but you'd be okay with forcing it upon people who might not want it.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

You're aware Mangler came out a year before Rizlona right? Quit trolling and add something of value to these forums.
  16. Legends Elder

I'm trolling because I disagree with you?

Just go reroll if it's that important to you. What you want exists but it's clearly not important enough for you to seek it. Please stop crying and making new threads over and over though. I'm pretty sure the developers are aware a few of you want relaxed true box on all TLPs. Less then 200 likes across all truebox servers isn't a major consensus.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

No, you're trolling because you're contributing nothing positive and just going around trying to derail threads.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

And as far as 200 likes goes, that's 100x more than the people who were disagreeing with it (you and Mage90210) so that should show you something also.
  19. Legends Elder

I said polling is a good idea and a step in the right direction. Not just blindly flipping the switch on people who are settled on developed servers. What you want exists though, and if it was truly such a major issue, you'd just go play on the server that facilitates it. Instead, you'd rather force your preference on everyone else.
  20. Manafasto Augur

Well quality of expansions began going down around GoD. I enjoyed Omen but the random name generated mob/bosses and watching raid geared tanks getting chunked got kinda old.