Yelinak Needs Something More.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soulsiphon, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Batman New Member

Start it with Kunark, being lvl 50 when kunark drops is sad. Picking from OP list i would say more and random loot.
  2. Jefro New Member

Yes I gotta say I would 100% come back and re-sub and play if the new servers had free trade and or a higher exp rate. Either one would make it much more casual friendly. I will never raid i don't have that kind of time sink so free trade makes the game alot more fun for people like me which i'm assuming is a big population within the games TLP community. If that happens either one I would absolutely resub and play.
  3. AraduneWizard Journeyman

They have a free trade server now in Mischief and will have a higher exp rate server coming with Vaniki (due to GoD exp rate). Not every server has to be special. 1 special and 1 normal is a pretty good compromise.
    Duder and Zrender like this.
  4. coltongrundy Augur

If you don't want the same old boring TLP and want them to "spice it up", there's already a "spicier" option for you: Vaniki. Yeli is for the people who do want the same old boring TLP.
    Mirix and sadre like this.
  5. Rounlin Best Pizza in Norrath!

The server is bad enough with 4 weeks of classic. There is other servers for this type of play style.
    Hirbow likes this.
  6. Typucm Elder

No its not.

How its casual and "boring" with fast expansions unlock timer?
    4 week of classic? Its not for casuals for sure.

You can say many players not like classic, maybe, but if you not like long classic-kunark-velious era isnt here Vaniki for you?

Yelinak seems most unclear server for me, can't understand for what kind of players it designed.
  7. coltongrundy Augur

It doesn't have fast expansion unlock timer. Have you been living under a rock the last few years? That is the standard TLP expansion unlock rate.
  8. Gormgeous Elder

9. pinco Lorekeeper

free trade ,random loot,epics dropping from end bosses after classic is over and 3 boxes per pc or 6 accounts for ip.
  10. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Yelinak is another boring garbage TLP that will have massive Krono farmers cornering the markets as usual. Shame on you DBG for not listening to your player base. Free-Trade is the equalizer why cant you understand that.
  11. rangerous Elder

I like the Yeli rule set because as an Everquest player I like playing Everquest. Feel bad for the players who no longer enjoy the game and need new twists thrown in on every single release because Everquest isn't enough anymore.
  12. Zinth Augur

hah that could be a FUN idea, epics dropping from end bosses of Kunark? :D just 1-2 per end boss... could be fun
  13. Haak Augur

It's a bridge TLP to get the 'normal' players resubbed until 2023. It will hit GoD around the 2023 TLP launches, which is perfectly timed with the mass exodus these servers always experience. It's just meant to give those players who hate Mischief and don't want the oddity of Vaniki something to subscribe to for the next 12 months.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  14. verbatim Elder

I think they should just formalize the idea of a recurring seasonal classic through pop/god/omens whatever server with a particular ruleset and just have that same server reset automatically on a fixed date every year or fourteen months or whatever. Maybe introduce some kind of persistent super aa or alternative currency that you carry forward and conveys a very minor advantage to you the more iterations you complete. Yelinak definitely serves part of the audience just the way it is, and it doesn't need to have any weird twist added to it (thats what vaniki is for). I would ague that all loot should be FV loot going forward (not random but free trade), but I get that isn't for everyone.
  15. Rebelicious Augur

I'm planning to play on Vaniki but... I think if they added free-trade to only the shared bank... plus extra loot drops to Yelinak would add to it's appeal while keeping it mostly a traditional TLP which I think was the intended counterweight to a radically new ruleset TLP of Vaniki.
  16. Omani Journeyman

If you do not like it do not play on it. Your personal thoughts does not matter. People will play on this server, they will like it. Other people will not but still play here and complain, for those I would suggest a pacifier.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think its funny how we went from

"Devs do not see a need for Free Trade, only a vocal miority even asked for it"

through

Brekt that had free trade being close to dead almost from its inception (after Quarm run ended) while people claimed FV was busy because of it

through

Probably one of the most successful launches of a TLP

through

A backlash against the much larger amount of loot dropping with the Randomized loot ruleset

to now

Free Trade for all TLP...(really?)

I think you should be glad it even happened at all, and very cautious about polluting way too many servers with it, because there is only 1 single destination for any Free Trade TLP & that's FV.

I agree with those who say that Free Trade or any loot rule based off of it should be used "sparingly", there is only 1 single live server with that ruleset & a whole lot more without it, TLP should be like that too.
    Wait until the current Free Trade TLP have completed their run & merge with FV then do another one.
  18. sadre Augur

The game itself is chased by the hounds of boredom and age no matter what it does. We need to get skin in the game. But how do you get skin into a 20+ year old elf simulator?

Just at the level of a Skinner box, it's hard. Lots of kids got damaged because Skinner did not take account of the rapid growth rates of youngsters. So after a year in the box, out would pop this cube shaped ... thing.
  19. The Reaper_ New Member

I'd like to see free trade as well
  20. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

It is 12:00 pm PST on May 25th, 2022. Vaniki and Yelinak have both launched with their original rule set. Daybreak's defenses held strong. The Free Trade Proponents have been defeated. EC tunnel is open for business. Let the leveling begin! All is well with Norrath.The decaying skeletons are murdering everyone! Ahh!
    Skuz likes this.