TBM question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Masc, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Masc New Member

I am boxing a War, Clr, and Bard. They are 76, 77, 76 respectively. I'm trying to figure out the best gear for my levels that I can get by progressions since I'm on a Live server and Bazaar goods are at a minimum. I've been reading about TBM and augments. My guild gave me thousands of Remnants of Tranq but I guess I have to do the 3 intro questions to the xpac before I can buy the augs because neither aug vendor (PoK or PoH) will sell me any.

I did the first two intro quests and now I have to do Into the Temple (b). I went into the instance and everything was red and yellow, so I know it scales down. However, those reds and yellows wipe me with ease. My War, who I keep as geared as possible and he isn't a slouch, goes down after a few hits and that's with my Bard and Cleric buffs.

I just question why they have level 75 augments if you can't get them at level 75. I feel by the time I can do the instance I'll be much higher than 75. The mobs in the instance were levels 79-81. If I get to level 80, will they just go up in level again? Seems like poor scaling.

Any advice? Or is there any other gear that I should be trying to get (that doesn't depend on the Bazaar to purchase)?
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think a full real group of players in your level range should be able to handle it, everything in that quest can be single-pulled iirc. you could try with some extra healer mercs(or better yet, real help), be careful and remember to slow the mobs, especially the red con golems can be nasty.

Or maybe the scaling is just broken nowadays? I have heard rumors that the procs and special attacks from mobs are wrongly scaled in TBM. :(
  3. Masc New Member

Since my War and tank merc died so fast, it doesn't even seem likely a full group can help. But maybe with full buffs from my guild it can happen. I just need to learn how to solo pull I guess because that would make it much easier. Thanks for the advice.
  4. Gialana Augur

If you're on Emarr, I can try to help you get through this mission. I only say "try" because the character I have that I know can do the quest is too high in level. There's a maximum level spread of 30 for this quest. I kind of wish that for the purposes of level spread calculations, anyone over the level cap for the expansion was counted as if they were the level cap since that's the highest the mission scales, anyway.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was also in the same predicament years ago plus the constant need to upgrade augs was tiresome. And then I found out the really good augs were locked behind some even harder zones - Plane of Hate revisited etc

So I took another route and went to Oceangreen Hills.

You can pick up Paragon gear thru a long line of quests there that is good for level 70 and up. This long line of quests also results in a very nice aug.

And Archaic armor drops off named without needing quests. Good hunting grounds for 70 and up but if your going to do the quests then make sure everyone in the group gets them.

Another thought - if you are paid accounts then check out the HA given by Marla in Tainted West Karana - you earn Marks of Valor and good ex. With the marks you can buy level 75 armor thats also nice. But if Marla is too hard there is also Gribble. Some of the write ups on those say min level of 75 but others have mentioned they had to be higher. And you can always check with Clayton Teek in POK and see if any of those are the daily special and get even more exp and he will port you there

The reason I mention being paid for those Marks of Valor is that most of the NPC armor is prestige.
  6. Masc New Member

Interesting stuff, thanks! Are Marks of Valor no trade?

I'll give those places a go. Anything at this point may help.

I'm on Povar so no joy there, Gialana. But knowing that I may try to help from my guild. They are end content though so the spread may be too much.
  7. Crystilla Augur

FYI, TBM is a real pita of an expansion if you're boxing or don't have full groups, so it doesn't surprise me there are some issues already. As someone said, it does get a bit easier if you are single pulling (which both your bard and cleric can do).
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

My 115 bard took my 85 enchanter through just last week. bard w/cleric merc, chanter with rogue merc. I just let the chanter stand still and used the bard to do the mission, gave the enchanter the 3 scrolls to read, did the final kills, had the chanter do the turn ins, and she got her broken mirror piece.
    THen I found out they couldn't do any further missions together in TBM, so I'm doing COTF progression now, the same way.
    minimind likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Into the temple B gets harder and harder up till 105, where it can't get any harder.

So the easiest is to do at level 76-77.
    Make sure you spend an hour or two in Guild Lobby where everyone is standing and collect all the OP buffs, these buffs will make you a bulldozer in these zones now.

Without these buffs, its going to be really really rough until your 105.

You can bulldoze your way in the other zones too, for the better augments, however some of them like Hate, the nameds will randomly get pulled and bring a train to you. When that happens, pretty much screwed. The nameds they can't bulldozed through, well not when there is a train coming with them.

Also, I believe the gear without augs is 70-75. I tried to taskadd a lvl 70, they cannot be added. So just FYI. Also, with the OP buffs, the higher the level you are, the less stronger the OP buffs are, so if your lvl 92, you're really going to be struggling with this mission.
  10. bigpapa Augur

i am helping some players to get the task into the temple *B* done so they can see and buy the augm.from the vendor npc .
    lately i have helped a level 75 friend ( i am level 120 ) , i got many alts so i did the task and task'added my level 105 toon before the task lock { it lock after you have killed the last 10 or so bokons }
    ** just have to leave the 4th task item ( mirror) on the corpse , if you loot it task lock and you can't task add "

so from there i could taskadd my toon and make him task leader , and dropped task with my lv 120 toons, so my lv 105 one could task'add others ( lv 75 and higher ) and it worked .

** do the task items drop are tradable? i know they are in FV ** if not *i*, "you" would have to get your lv 105 toon from the start and let him loot the dropped items for the task *
  11. Tanuden New Member

Feel free to ping either Darkscales or Sperry on Emarr regarding TBM. Like others said above, do the Paragon quests for the gear, and at 80 you can do the newbie snakes in Feerott the Dream for some cash and the possibility of 900 HP chest, feet, and head (IIRC) dropping from them (very rare but it does happen).

I just ran a group of characters through TBM from 105-109 because I was nowhere near geared enough for EoK. The good news is the stat augs you can purchase for Remnants are transferrable to the Cohort gear in EoK. The bad news is the other augs that add HP, Stats, Resists, etc. are NOT. So any gear you use those augs in becomes throwaway when you move to EoK. The HStat augs are not throwaway, and they make a huge difference. Per aug, the Resplendent aug of Resilience (adds 32 HStam and 11 to other stats) was 500ish HP per aug to the SK. That's an added 8500 min that gives you a bit more survivability when you transition to EoK.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

You dont have to throwaway, you can sell them back to the vendor and get about 50% of the RoT back.
  13. Raptorjesus5 Augur

There is some real fishy scaling problems when doing heroic adventures not at their designated level. The difficulty level can be way harder than I think it's intended to be.