Coin Task Timers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thraine, Feb 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thraine Augur

Coin tasks now have a 6 hour lockout instead of a 3 hour lockout. So now we all get to play half as much and i dont have all that time to spend cash on micro transactions. thanks for helping me saving money developers =) now i can spend the cash on my phone games instead, they seem less allergic to money.
    Duder and Galamann like this.
  2. newc322 Lorekeeper

The fact that they increased timers really pisses me off, they dont give enough currency per mission to have a 6 hour lockout. its ridiculous. either give us the 3 hour timers, increase the amount of currency gained, or decrease the cost of the merchants items.
  3. Sindace Elder

All the latest expansions were 6 hours lockouts. How is this a surprise to anyone it got fixed? If anything, the two months you got half timed lockouts for was a bonus.

Feel free to go pay to win (and complain) somewhere else. Not that the above quote made any sense at all.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Because it gives them something to whine about even though they know deep down inside 3 hours was a screwup. Prior expansion lockouts should have been a huge give away DP F'd up with the three hour lockouts.

Sure they could have said somethin about changing them to 6 hours, but we all know they would have only received pushback.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Be thankful DBG's didn't classify this as an exploit. You know what happens with abusing exploits. Suspensions and coin/items deleted from your inventory.
  6. Tegila Augur

Idc honestly, but last year 6 hrs made more sense bc could farm nonlore slot5s in open ones, and even the wrong ones if camps taken, since you could sellem for currency.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

How would this be an exploit ?

If the lockout time is 3 hours and you are doing the mission every 3 hours you are fine.
    Now, if the lockout was 3 hours and you were somehow doing the mission every 5 minutes then THAT would be an exploit.
    Svann2 and Fenthen like this.
  8. Slasher Augur

and that is why it was changed.
  9. Angahran Augur

If there was an exploit allowing people to do the missing more often than every 3 hours what would changing the lockout to 6 hours do ? People could continue to bypass the lockout.

Instead of doubling the lockout time maybe fix whatever exploit was allowing people to bypass it ?
    Barraind, Svann2 and Fenthen like this.
  10. Sindace Elder

There was no exploit. It's been evened up to 6 hours, just like the last several expansions. Almost like the 3 hours was a mistake in the first place...
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Lockouts didn't double, trying to act like a 3 hour lockout on a traditional 6 hour lockout tasks is just weird.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  12. Cadman Elder

Isn't it only Shei that's been increased to 6 hours? which makes it seem even more like it's not intentional
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Bro, are you really going to deny that 6 is double ‘3’?

Design decisions change all the time, what happened in one expansion doesn’t always carry forward to the next as some sort universal law.
    Duder and Fenthen like this.
  14. keel Journeyman

don't give enough currency? had two full sets of tol type 5's before the new year 2.5 months ago mostly because of that short lockout. How are the timers being what they should have been in the first place ridiculous.. what?? they made it easy for us for 3 months /boggle
  15. Warpeace Augur

They change what they want when they want.

I'm not going to cry over a petty change that has historical evidence to support a 6 hour replay timer. Would it be nice to get an official word yes. Did I appreciate them being 3 hours...you bet.

The last 3 months does not demonstrate a design change. The XP model was a design change from grinding to one time bonus xp on progression (not a real fan of it), Gear in TBM was a design change. Lockout durations on currency missions are not a design change but an oversight
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You complain about changes all the time. Why wouldn’t people complain about something that impacts their gameplay?
    Duder likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

What about the new players?
    Wont somebody think about the new players!?
  18. Angahran Augur

Just using some very rough numbers here, but ToL was released on December 7th 2021
    Getting roughly 40 coins per mission and running a mission every 3 hours it would take 12.5 days to get 8 augs at 500/per.
    So, if you played nonstop from release you could in theory have a complete set by Dec 20th.

Must be nice not having to work, eat, sleep, use the bathroom....
    Fenthen, Velisaris_MS and Skrab like this.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s called automation.
  20. Maym_Cazic Journeyman

Math is way off...there are 4 missions that can be done for coin, not 1.
    keel and Cadman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.