Why am I back to checking if a new tlp is going to drop WTF.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moforyguy12345, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Why am I addicted to this game. Help mommy
    Duladin likes this.
  2. Arctodus Elder

Do you only prefer Classic EQ to Velious?
  3. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Yea I grew up playing those 3 expansions so every time a tlp gets to Luclin I lose interest. Nostalgia is a real drug lol
  4. code-zero Augur

I'm always baffled at so many people being addicted to what is probably the absolute worst expansions in the game
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

as OP mentioned, nostalgia is a helluva drug...
  6. Little_tipsy New Member

Im looking for another 1 as well, Free trade / random loot is all fun and all, but seems to be a little too easy for my liking, I atleast enjoy when i kill vulak... he drops vulak gear...
    Fhiele likes this.
  7. tollo New Member

They're great expansions for exploring and leveling. The care the designers put into the world is exceptional. The raid content and itemization is shambolic though that's for sure
  8. Triconix Augur

Nostaglia is overrated. Redoing the first three expansions, I realized after lots of tweaking and development to the game, the original trilogy aged horribly. The memories I had of those eras should just stay as such, just memories, because reliving those expansions really soured my memories of them. It's just really boring and slow. If I were to do another TLP I wouldn't even think about starting until POP.
    Xhartor, SecondStage, Appren and 3 others like this.
  9. SecondStage New Member

I think Luclin is the bare minimum I can tolerate anymore as a "starting" point. The QOL that is gained simply by having the Bazaar is insane. There's a reason EC trading died - it sucked and only rose colored glasses convinced people it was "fun". The spires are helpful as well, though not to the same extent as PoK books.

About the only thing from that "era" that still holds up for me is Old Sebilis. Still a fantastic dungeon, even all these years later.
    Xhartor likes this.
  10. Fell Augur

True, when played under today's ruleset, which allows you to hit max level and complete all major solo quests within about 24 hours after an expac goes live. That leaves nothing to do but raid ... and the raid content is minimal, and (worse) trivial.

When those expacs first went live, levelling was much harder, the majority of players didn't raid, and those that did often spent weeks to conquer the raid content even once. Many tried repeatedly, and failed to ever do it. A whole different experience from today.
    ExecutionDbl9 and Stymie like this.
  11. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

Because classic/kunark/velious is like DnD with graphics.

Luclin+ slowly just becomes WoW
    kenmei and ExecutionDbl9 like this.
  12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You can still play classic, kunark, and velious. For free. On any server you want.
    Keella and code-zero like this.
  13. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

I started just recently on Mischief and it might be the most fun I have had on any TLP. I sold a couple hoarded krono from the other TLPs and twinked the hell out of my character. I can't describe how much fun it is to rock high end gear right from the start. Rather than wait for the next thing come have fun with us on Mischief!
    Risiko likes this.
  14. Fell Augur

Sure, it's like doing crack cocaine. Hella fun till the buzz wears off ... then you're like, what the hell am I doing naked in the middle of this here highway, with monkey bites all over my a** ?
  15. Abundant Elder

Right. Mischief is the most goofy, illegitimate, wonky, total joke of a server for EQ to date lol. Fun, but mostly pitiful.
  16. Tymeless Augur

Honestly why we all had great memories of the game back then wasn't because of the game itself but more because of the social aspects of the game. Yeah the game was fun for what it was in it's era but think about it all your great memories involve friends and just hanging out with them while grinding away. Yeah leveling was fun and all but it wasn't the end all be all of the game then it was hanging out with friends.
    Sprites likes this.
  17. Kylo Classic Augur

I hope they skip this coming year, and let mischief get to see some expansions past pop before a new tlp is released.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

"I hope they skip this year and let Coirnav get to see some expansions past pop before a new tlp is released" - moments before Mangler was announced.

"I hope they skip this year and let Mangler get to see some expansions past pop before a new tlp is released" - moments before Aradune was announced.

"I hope they skip this year and let Aradune get to see some expansions past pop before a new tlp is released" - moments before Mischief was announced.

Sadly they will release at least 1 TLP in 2022, and will continue to do so until it stops being so incredibly lucrative for them with the bag and krono sales. Its not personal, its just business.
  19. Machen New Member

Don't forget "I hope they hold off on releasing a new TLP for one more year so Fippy can reach live first." -- moments before Ragefire was announced.

It's been happening a long time, and everyone who was clamoring for a new TLP back then has no reason to complain when the shoe's on the other foot now.
    Tweakfour17 and Keella like this.
  20. Stymie Pendragon

The influx of cash is baked into their annual sales goals just like the end of year expansion launch is.

I agree with what was stated earlier in this thread. They won't stop the spring releases until the income fails to meet whatever the threshold of profitability is set to.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.