[Suggestion] Ignore food/drink items in tradeskill bags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Angahran Augur

Would it be possible to make eating and drinking ignore any food/drink items that are in tradeskill bags ?
    Duder likes this.
  2. zleski Augur

But I use fresh fish and water pods as my food source since they stack to 1000 each. :(
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

So have them in another bag ?

I keep a TS bag in first inv slot so anything I loot that's TS useable goes into that bag, but some of those items are marked as food/drink.

Maybe an option to mark a specific bag, or inventory slot, as 'no eat/drink' ?
  4. zleski Augur

Wait, why don't you put your tradeskills after your food bag?
    Skuz and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My setup:
    1. normal full bag with clickies and first 2 slots is food/drink
    2. tradeskill-bag
    3. collection-bag
    4. normal bag for junk
    5. normal bag for junk
    6. etc...
    When I quest, all the loot gets automatically sorted in the 2, 3, 4, 5,..., bags. :)
    Fenthen, Skuz, Celephane and 2 others like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

If you have the TS bag first, anything TS you loot goes into that bag.
    If you have a regular bag first you have to make sure it's always full or you get TS stuff in it.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't seem like a hard thing to accomplish.
    Skuz, Celephane and Randomized like this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Exactly.

I think that's what most of us do.
    Skuz and Randomized like this.
  9. Randomized Augur

So, my stat food that I want my stats from, which is technically a material for another stat food, should not be giving me my stats? Am I hearing this correctly?
  10. Celephane Augur

Do you randomly loot your stat food/drink? If not just put them in the next bag...or do you normally store them in a TS bag for some reason?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why can't food or drink be stored in the TS bag? It isn't that hard to organize your bags so the food/drink you want to consume is always in a top slot.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Randomized Augur

Oh no, I'm organized and have my ducks in a row - these are just more reasons as to why this whole ordeal doesn't need to be addressed. And everyone's answer is relatively the same: organizational skills.

I'm assuming this is coming from a quest/TS item he needed being consumed because it landed in front of his food items (or he just didn't carry any food items).
  13. Warpeace Augur

See if they would just add food/drink slots to the UI this problem would be solved.
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  14. Angahran Augur

No.
    If you have your stat food/drink in any bag that isn't a TS only bag you get the stats.
    Not eating anything in a TS bag prevents you eating that incredibly rare whatever you just spent 3 days foraging for.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It doesn't take that much work to ensure that you have a bag with food and drink in a slot above your trade skill bag.
    Fenthen and Elyssanda like this.
  16. Celephane Augur

Because he's asking that items in a TS bag be ignored. I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying you couldn't if this change was implemented.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And for people who use the TS bag to store food/drink that want it to be consumed? Seems like it is a lot of work for something that is completely in the players control. You can either stick food/drink in another bag and put that before your TS bag or put food/drink that you want to consume in the first two slots of your TS bag. Either way this is something that can be solved without a minute of developer time and it will not bring in a change that others might not like.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. FrozenWater Augur

Can't they just add a food and drink slot to your inventory (that each take a stack of food / drink respectively), and your toon only eats and drinks from those? There is easily enough room on the window now that they added the "perk slots"
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is a solution looking for a problem that players already solved decades ago.

20. Bigstomp Augur

You're asking the wrong question.
    Rather than asking for a million convoluted rules about how bags work ask for what you want.
    Can we please have 2 special slots where we put the food we want to count as food to go?

I remember ocean green hills quest where I was out of food, and we had to forage maggots. I finally got one. Then promptly auto ate it since it was marked as food.