Not A Bug Geonid NPCs in Wakening Lands Invulnerable to Melee Magic Range Damage

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Allworth, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Allworth Elder

Bug: a geonid, a geonid shaman and a shimmering geonid NPCs in Wakening Lands are invulnerable to magic melee ranged damage. I've experimented with different bows such as Bow of the Underfoot and A Sarnak Warbow and the result is the same with the following text:

You try to shoot a shimmering geonid, but a shimmering geonid is INVULNERABLE!

Bug Repro Steps: Log on with level appropriate PC, with magic bow. Travel to Wakening Lands. Shoot at any type of geonid. Observe that geonid type mobs are invulnerable to magic bow damage.

[IMG]
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

The arrow needs to be magic, not the bow. The bow's magic tag means nothing.
  3. Allworth Elder

Yes, it looks these geonid mobs are flagged as invulnerable to non-magic arrows just like ghouls are in Commonlands, North Ro and South Ro. However, specters and skeletons in those zones are not flagged as such and normal arrows hit them fine.

I'm wondering what the criteria is for a mob being flagged immune to non-magic weapons as it seems arbitrary right now?

I'm going to experiment with non-magic arrows on the geonids in Crystal Caverns and other mobs in Velious and report back.
  4. Allworth Elder

Update: I ventured into the depths of Crystal Caverns to see if the geonid NPCs there were also invulnerable to non-magical arrows. I fired many non-magical arrows and they did full damage. You can plainly see this by the image below:

[IMG]

The Crystal Caverns geonids are on the same faction as the Wakening Land geonids: the Geonid Collective. Since they are the same species and the same faction it would not make sense that the one species is invulnerable to non-magic arrows and the other is not.

I respectfully request that that Not a Bug designation be removed from this bug report and this bug is investigated further by the developers.

To my knowledge, the Antonica species of Ghouls are the only mobs in EverQuest that are invulnerable to non-magic arrows. Yes, the issue with Geonids in Wakening Lands is a small thing but I believe it to be as bug nonetheless.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

"melee magic ranged damage" is definitely a new one for me.

It's a little weird but good luck with this one.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

To test it try hitting with a non magic melee weapon.
  7. Allworth Elder

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that as well as using hand to hand combat with no magic gloves on.

I'm sure that the Wakening Lands geonids are mistakenly flagged as invulnerable to non-magic damage. The concept of invulnerability to non-magic damage is interesting but the devs never really followed through with this over the years as ghouls are the only mobs that seem to have this flag.
  8. Allworth Elder

Ooops! You are right. This is an obvious typo. ;)