Rangers and wisdom/mana/FT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Malkavius, Feb 17, 2021.

1. taliefer Augur

firestrike is absolutely worth using while bowing in luclin. didnt even realize it was in question. even if you arent perfect at timing it, its a pretty nice dps increase.
  2. Zinth Augur

btw. while we are at it... did they kill off using the UZI for headshots?
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Okay well that explains why you think firestrike is good.

[IMG]
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah, lower ranks of Headshot got nerfed hard on TLPs a couple years back because rangers complained that rank 4 was a downgrade so they made sure ranks 1-3 were worse in comparison. The chance to proc a headshot is now based on your hDEX total and the formula seemed to be made assuming you have 100+ at rank 1.
  5. Zinth Augur

100+ hdex? you can't get anywhere near that in PoP when headshot is out?
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Anyone done any long-term parses on it to get at the rates? I'll add that to my un-nerf parse agenda.
  7. Ronluwen Elder

You're trolling and you know it. I think maybe you're one of those ranger purposely spreading false information?
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Congrats, you figured out the issue.
    Mithra likes this.
  9. Zinth Augur

sorry I asked about a question and he answered and I reacted... how in the world would I know if there was an issue or not? haven't played a low level ranger for AGES... but if they nerfed it so much that it is practically useless then that is lame because it used to be quite nice when we first got it...
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I mained a ranger on Phinny and i was the best gear/highest DPS Ranger on the server from Luclin to DoDH when i stopped playing. Your autofire DPS is insanely low for being weeks into Luclin. I was doing like 600 DPS to VT bosses on average for just autofire during trueshot and around 320 w/o towards the end of Luclin.

Something is very obviously wrong, like are you shammies/beast buffing your monks? Do your Bards not have song mod AAs yet? Are they not proccing epic for the ATK buff? Are you not using a Fleeting Quiver? are you not using the correct arrows? Do you still have a Velious bow? Are you Druids not debuffing? Are the bosses not being Crippled?

Like i said weaving in Firestrike is quite good when your gear sucks balls IE you're showing up to your first raid in Bazaar gear, but any top end ranger should basically never cast Firestrike.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Half true.
    You only get Rank 1 in PoP and 2-4 in DoDh. Some smart fellow complained about rank 2-4 around when DoDH dropped on Phinny.
    It's not based off hDex it's based off total Dex
    Rank 1 also would still suck at 100+ hDex. I went from procing 6 HS per min with BotD to proccing about once every 2 mins. You would need something over 1000 Dex to even make HS viable and like 3k Dex to make it as good as it used to be.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

When the nerf was on test i parsed about an hour of headshotting in HoH. I got about 370 headshots in an Hour. After the nerf i got about 32 hearshots in an hour. This was using a BotD and a max AA and BIS DoN gear.

It's basically a wasted AA you kill stuff faster with Melee.
    Boze likes this.
  13. Crabman Augur

I dont know man, this is my first ranger so I dont have anything to base it off, and I dont have a luclin bow yet, but I have avatar bow with tunare 11+4 arrow, fleeting quiver, bard in group. I was at 919 attack (which my gear is like 70 worn attack) with 225 haste for every boss fight in VT and my autofire bow dps was 141 after MotM...

but even still avatar bow is 33/35 and bow of storms is 37/35 so thats not going to push me from 140 to 320...

if theres something i am missing i would love to hear it. I was top parsing ranger in my guild so i thought i was doing things right but idk..
  14. Ronluwen Elder

There is 0 chance you're doing 600 dps with just auto fire in Luclin gear. Even completely BiS. The first blob in VT that's perma rooted has extraordinarily low AC and so maybe by the end of Luclin with TS you're shoot damage alone is sky rocketing. That's one mob. Not a combined parse. My shoot damage on that one mob was 290. No ranger on this server is sustaining shoot damage over 200 dps yet for sure. To even see a ranger hit 200 they probably have max ADPS all raid, and got lucky on VT bow/Aten arms early on. I don't think autofire dps alone will get over 250 dps sustained in Luclin even with max ADPS.

And you're missing the point. If you time your nuke correctly you're not lowering your bow dps.
  15. Ronluwen Elder

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Trust me. Nuke more until you get featherwood. You will smash other rangers.
  16. Crabman Augur

right on man thanks for the tip. then in pop we just use the fire and/or ice quick cast nukes and thats it?
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

My top parse during Luclin was a Blob 2 Race against Rosengard. I did over 800 DPS and almost double up the second closest player to the point people in the guild thought i bugged/cheated the parse. My Blob 1 parses were typically around 750 Dps if trueshot lasted the whole fight. They nerfed the duration of trueshot from 3 mins to 2 mins with AAs, so even with BiS you wont be doing that much since TS won't last a full Blob1 anymore but you

You're doing something very wrong as a guild or a player if your not doing 250ish from just autofire even this early into SoL.

Thanks for proving my point bro. Bow of the Storms isn't BiS both the VT bows will outparse it even outside of VT when the bane dmg on them isn't relevant.

You don't just use the 11+4 Tunare arrows you swap out your arrows based on the mobs resistances and you can use the deity specific arrows regardless of if you're Tunare or Karana. You should be using the 11+4 Karana arrows in nearly half your fights .

You shouldn't be that low on ATK. Also for reference your displayed ATK is ONLY for your primary. Your actually ATK will be much higher since your archery skill is much higher then you 1HS or whatever you have in primary.
  18. Crabman Augur

I thought I read somewhere that most VT mobs are more resistant to cold, thus why i was using 11+4 fire throughout. But I did not know I could use either, i assumed i had to worship karana to use, so thanks for that info

as for the attack, i get that the number is based off 1hs, but that was just showing what worn and buffed attack was adding for reference. is there another way to quickly see what archery attack is?
  19. Ronluwen Elder

Mistaken or lying doesn't matter to me either way man. Phinny was a long time ago.
  20. Ronluwen Elder

There's only one mob that fire doesn't land on well in VT. To really maximize switch to cold for that one target. But for the most part the fire arrows are fine.