Goodbye EverLag/Que

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by laggyserver, Jul 2, 2020.

1. laggyserver New Member

Hello,
    I have been a long time player of everquest when it comes to progression servers, i have played on every progression server and reliving the nostalgia of the grind and farm and friendly people you meet while on your journey. There has always been something about EQ that just no other MMO game provides to me and i absolutely love it. But recently on this last progression server release (Aradune) everything changed. EQ always provided me in previous servers a good server which doesnt have issues with lag or zoning problems where you look at "Entering Nagafen's Lair..." for 10minutes. and im not even exaggerating. hands down the servers that are running araduns currently are very bad and pushing me to a point where im about to quit the game. its not enjoyable anymore. i receive a whisper to join a group, and the travel normally take 10minutes on a normal/previous server but with the current lag issues in zoning it actually pushes it to 30-45minutes. please fix this before the server dies out completely and you'll be left with a server where only krono farmers will be selling krono's to each other.
    Dexxeaa and Dirgenoobforrealzzzz like this.
  2. laggyserver New Member

no im trying to share my experience. hows the forum trolling going for u big boy?
  3. Tucoh Augur

Was pretty excited to see aradune finally recover. Watching it hit the dirt from the increase in players from the july xp bonus makes me think every new expansion release will come with the same dumpster fire performance to ruin the entire experience.
  4. haaaalp Augur

Obviously you care, since you responded................... Fail
    Bailen, Dexxeaa and Lejaun like this.
  5. Xeris Augur

You are correct.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Your stuff?
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes the queues sucked.

It will get better, eventually.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Now that's depressing.
  9. Neemo1983 Journeyman

I was pretty bored of the queues but i was in no rush and like to play so waited for things to calm down. Bit now people cant login, i cant farm any good items, because they are either camped by bots / kr farmers or way overpriced. I managed to finally get a frenzy camp yesterday and had half the zone just pulling it from me anyway. I guess its just not what it used to be. And never will be. I imagine if i cant get on over weekend that will be enough for me and i too will be leaving sadly.
    Dexxeaa likes this.
  10. jeskola pheerie

It has been over 5 weeks, do they have to wait for Velious for a stable server?
    Bailen likes this.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Rizlona has been fine...
  12. Lejaun Augur

Many servers have been fine. However, the server that a rather large population has selected the ruleset of Aradune as their preferred server. It's a frustrating experience for paying customers who wanted to play on Aradune with fewer server issues.
  13. Relentless Insomnia

Mangler couldn't even handle GoD launch. It was a show zone crashing lag fest for hours after launch.

Whatever they are hosting their servers on is trash hardware.
  14. Dexxeaa New Member

If there was a game similar to EQ I'd probably be leaving too. There are no games similar to EQ. I would mainly leave because I feel that this game has so so much potential but not enough people working on the development. EQ is one of the only games I actually enjoy.

EDIT

GOOD LUCK !
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I hope not, but if my Tea-leaves give me any radical insights I'll be sure to share them :rolleyes:
    Dexxeaa likes this.
  16. KimchiGoddess Augur

I just tried my Magic Eight Ball and it said "All Signs Point to Yes". Just FYI!
    Skuz likes this.
  17. TheInquisitor Old Timer

Understandable frustrations. There's always the emulation servers. P99 is very good & worked on/maintained along with project-2002. Not many people on the latter but there are peeps that logon daily and chat/group. Plus there will be no krono farmers. They did a good job and brought back memories of the early 2000's for me.
  18. Darafel Journeyman

I think ahead to this weekend and I know its gonna be so rough.

Imagine that. Imagine knowing the game is gonna crap out, and there's nothing that will be done about it. Think about the situation we're in. Its nuts.
  19. nagash101 Augur

Long time TLP player and forum account is brand new. I smell something fishy. Zone lag wasn't that bad last night, been worse. If you quit be sure to give all your stuff away. Newbies lives matter and your gear goes a long way to help them succeed in Norrath.
  20. Darafel Journeyman

I've been playing off and on since 2002 with this account. I'm not sure the New Member tag means anything. Probably just means forum activity.