Rizlona is not a "boxing" server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Kahna Augur

Our experiences are different then. I have seen zero DPS races on Aradune. I have even had folks apologize when their pick closed and it dumped them into my camp. I haven't run into any toxicity on Aradune. Does it exist? Probably, people are people after all. Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not around. Course, the same goes for you and Rizlona.

There were 12 people in LFG on Rizlona at the same time there were 112 people in LFG on Aradune. The two aren't even in the same ballpark for grouping opportunities.

People who dislike the boxing, dislike boxing for a variety of reasons. You aren't going to sweet talk them into not being annoyed by boxing. They wouldn't be happy that a 12 boxer buffed them, they would be irritated by the fact that 12 boxers are even a thing. They don't want a boxer to "drop a few boxes to group with them" they want to group with multiple real people. Both playstyles are perfectly acceptable, they just don't mix well.
  2. Alakshak Journeyman

And there are a dozen MMOs with a "healthier" population, more stable development, and better funded Dev team than Darkpaw. Yet we are both here and you're trying to split hairs about Aradune vs Rizlona. Good luck on Aradune. You're wrong about Rizlona. And a bit defensive about your favorite brand of kool aid for some reason.
    Lanffear, Thewiz and Thalliius like this.
  3. Ishbu Augur

Sir splitting hairs would imply that Rizlona is anything like Aradune, they are not. These are not 2 hairs on a head, this is a mountain vs a mole hill.

I would rather die on a mountain than on a mole hill.

And out of here with other games have more population! We are talking about 2 EQ servers where the lesser and worse server of the 2 continually makes threads such as this one saying they arent exactly what we all know it is and have seen before in the past with this small niche servers.
  4. Malachi Augur

Oh I do love me a nice thick boxer vs non-boxer thread. Its like driving past all the familiar landmarks signifying to your brain.....you are home.
  5. Bowdeen Elder

You can also argue that Rizlona has a more stable server, thus people are able to stay in groups longer and not forced to LFG as much. Whereas on Aradune, you are constantly getting crashes, new people able to get in, and groups looking for replacements for those crashes. It goes to reason that with half your server constantly logging in, of course it would have a consistently higher LFG population.
  6. Healiez Augur

People use the LFG tool?
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

What level did you get to on Rizlona?
  8. Kahna Augur

So that would account for it being 10 times higher? And once in groups crashes aren't all that common. EC causes crashes like crazy. Zoning causes crashes. Sitting in a group less so. Can't say I have had anyone in my groups randomly crash anymore than any other server.

Yeah. No. I am confident the higher population and the higher percentage of single players is the primary driver behind the larger LFG population. While boxers might welcome additions to their pre-made groups, they rarely go looking for them.

As for folks using the LFG window (not you, the person below you's comment) It is safe to assume the same percentage of folks LFG use the window on both servers. It is likely the actual LFG number is higher on both servers.
  9. Nordgaren Elder

It doesn't matter what level I got to. I searched ALL of LFG and there wer FIVE PEOPLE LFG and most were too far apart in level to group together.

And that was prime time on a Sunday, which has been the busiest day for Aradune every week.
  10. ayoforYayoh Augur

I would feel like i'm completely wasting my time starting a toon on Rizlona just as i would starting a fresh toon on Ragefire.

Why are some people pretending like it's no big deal to just invest a bunch of work to a character you're 100% never going to play once Aradune settles down?
  11. Thalliius Augur

I'd be on Rizlona in a second if not for all my old guildies wanting to go to Aradune. I have too much of a time commitment into the server as well, along with the one-time purchase 40 slot bags that I wouldn't have anymore on Riz

Rizlona is still my fallback option tho, if Aradune falls to absolute pieces during PoP when the new TLP is launched, I'll just start over on Rizlona.. shouldnt take long with a 4 box and a level cap of 65, maybe 2-3 weeks to reach max level and find a raiding guild before GoD comes out
    Alakshak likes this.
  12. Thalliius Augur

The real question is whether Aradune will survive PoP with a new TLP launched in 1 year. All of the RMTers, try hards and nostolgia addicts are going to abandon Aradune for the new shiny object and population will plummet, similar to past TLPs.

Will enough people remain during the mass exodus to make Aradune a viable server beyond the 12 month mark? If the answer is yes, I'll stay on Aradune. If the answer is no, I'll be moving to Rizlona permanently with a 4 box team so I can actually see the expansions beyond PoP again in era
  13. jeskola pheerie

Rizlona is all kinds of fun.
    Kittany, Rizlowned and Thewiz like this.
  14. MileyVyrus Elder

There's plenty of normal folks having a great time on Rizolna.. No queues, tons of open camps in most zones/continents..

We aren't even trying to sell you on coming over. We're just reminding you that it's there. And it's just as fun. I don't even have anything snarky to say (i know, for once lol). I started out playing Riz during the day when there was 4 hr queue.. If krono is what drives you there isn't that much more of a difference in krono going rates on Riz, you can easily find enough if you are boxing a couple to keep your subs up, which is all anyone really asks.

My first day people were throwing out free buffs, when my guys dinged high enough to start guk i even got a free punt to South Ro from gfay. Genchats even friendly and helpful for newbie questions.

If you got a 3 hr queue in front of you, check it out once, you might enjoy yourself /shrug. Or don't. It's your leisure time either way :)
  15. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

But, but, but what about the 100 krono entry fee to Rizlona my great RMT overlords?
    You would think these anti-rmt and boxer people would be happy about these queues. it really slows down how much those farmers on aradune can make hahahahaha
  16. Finder New Member

If they were to offer free transfers I'd likely switch over.
  17. Kobra Augur

I play on Rizlona and I have too much time invested into it now, but if I could do it over I would have chosen Aradune.

Even with the queues, once you can get into the game it looks more fun based on the streams I have watched.
  18. Domniatric Augur

What is OP even talking about? Are you in denial of basic reality? The entire reason Aradune is wildly more popular than Riz is the RULESET. People don't like playing in an environment where box armies roam the lands destroying camps/zones and stealing kills. Most of us are after the original EQ experience where we met people, group and focus on one character in a somewhat legitimate RPG fashion. The more a ruleset encourages that the more popular it will be. It is a lesson DBG should take from this whole debacle and never make a box-army ruleset server ever again. They should make a no box server if anything.
    Demondred likes this.
  19. Thewiz Augur

Except that isn't happening. I wish I could figure out why you people lie about what is happening on Rizlona. Must be krono related somehow.
  20. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

step 1: assume everyone is 6 boxer
    step 2: assume one 6 boxer runs over another 6 boxer
    step 3: ???
    step 4: mutually assured destruction

because of MAD i have actually ran into polite people on Rizlona. i'm sure bad apples exist. it's impossible to claim the pop of Rizlona is be perfect. however, if you actually talk to someone with a bit of respect and don't harass them the moment they pass through your camp or assume they are here to "get you" then i think you can go a long way on a boxing server (or any server).

the problem with Aradune is that it gives casuals the illusion of being on equal ground, but obviously that isn't the reality.
    At least on Rizlona we are able to experiment with party compositions and size. There are actually a lot of us out there who don't say "I've been gone for xx years, what class is good in classic?" And we have tried all the TLPs and maybe feel sick of being funneled into the same stuff every rule set.
    On Rizlona I see creative compositions that are obviously having more fun and playing like a Baldur's Gate party of six.

You think Aradune rule set is fine?
    Wait until AE power leveling hits Sebilis in Kunark, enjoy those juicy swarms running over you.
    YAY! Velious launched!? I can escape those trains NOPE!. here you go, aoe PL in Velks in Velious enjoy all those trains through your camp.. enjoy getting past upper dogs and getting rezzed up just in time to get smashed again at outside castle.
    Well whatever, surely it will get better in Luclin, that is when the RMTers will come out of the ground because loot is virtually worthless by now but and they will sell you aoe pl in the deep for 3 krono in 4 hours so you can get PHAT AA. Aradune hasn't seen anything yet.
    Rizlona is going to have these kind of folk, but majority of the people are going to be self-sufficient and stingy with their krono and not feed into the power level economy. I predict the mass boxers that plan to do this will eventually cannibalize their krono stash by luclin and disappear (as long as the majority of the server are self-sufficient boxers like it currently is)

rizlona is already more civilized than aradune, it will only get better over time.
    log into aradune for a daily dose of bickering in general chat and qq about anything from world history to camp stealing.
    ill wrap this up by saying i would not want to play on rizlona if i was only boxing 1 or 2 and had zero friends. because yes, i would feel "outmuscled" by the bigger groups. noone is denying aradune has a lot more players and is the more social of the two servers. the issue is that there seems to be some kind of ignorance on what is actually happening on Rizlona... which is fine, but it isnt the nightmare you pretend it is. so far the boxers are happy with what we have (leave us alone)