Test Update 06/09/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 8, 2020.

1. EQ Dev Developer

June 9, 2020

*** Items ***

- Fixed a problem with the Painting: Tassel's Tavern teleport.
    - Fixed the typo in the Fear-Infused Rachnid Heart. It is now a Fear-Infused Drachnid Heart, as Mayong intended.
    - The Human Heritage ringmail, cloth, and leather suits will no longer indicate that they fit into chain and plate armor.
    - Fixed some Froststone ornament icons that would look like necklaces after being applied to a weapon.
    - Three new pride hares, along with the three existing hares, will be available Jun 24th.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Derakor the Vindicator (Raid - Torment of Velious) - At the point where Derakor starts eating the undead around him, whenever a set of adds spawns he will always wait at least 30 seconds before he eats one. This should address issues with the Don't Eat the Dead achievement.
    - Greater Spirit Shield (Achievement - The Broken Mirror) - Corrected a typo where the word 'shield' was misspelled as 'sheild' in the reward description of this achievement.
    - Bugglegupp, Tergon's Spellbook, Toko's Head - Fixed some broken dialogues and other bad behavior in these quests.
    - Darkforge Helm - Fixed a typo in this quest.

*** Overseer ***

- Removed the membership requirements for Collection, tradeskill, and ornament rewards.
    - If you change filters while selecting an agent for an Overseer quest, it will now properly update the selected agent highlighting and count.
    - - If you are unable to start an Overseer quest, you will now receive a message in the chat window stating such.

*** Progression Servers ***

- It is no longer possible to unwrap the Sanctus Seru teleport or mount from the Human Heritage Crate until the Shadows of Luclin has unlocked on the server.
    - Aradune unlock events will show on the in-game calendar.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The Hero's Forge Suit Consolidator is available on the loyalty merchant.
    - Hero's Forge - Fixed a clipping problem in the backs of the arms that affected some races.
    - Fixed an issue that caused a few legacy zones to unintentionally be set as hotzones on non-Progression servers.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue where the LDoN leaderboard failed to display all players in the list.
    - Experience reward types will now display more detailed descriptions when previewed in the reward selection window.
    - Added the command /rewards to open the reward window.
    - - Added a chat message when you try to open the reward window without having any pending rewards.
    - Added a confirmation box when attempting to loot an item with a lore-equipped group that matches an item you currently possess.
    - Updated the message when failing a tradeskill combine to include the name of the item you were intending to make.

*** Previously Updated ***

- Agnarr: Added three worg mounts to the marketplace.
    - Fixed the jumbled up achievement objectives for Human Heritage Crate: Human Art Collector.
    - Fixed an error in the Call of the Forsaken reward script that caused it to fail to give currency or keys.
    - Beyond the Barrier - It should now be possible for a character to receive the subtask Exploring Crystallos, even if the character had already completed that task.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Forcallen Augur

Please change the "Grasp" dot line to a 3 second base cast time like just about every other dot a necromancer has.

The "Leech" dot line still does not have a Focus AA for it, nor is it included in the Grasp AA. Should be one or the other but not just left off.

Tserrina's Grasp:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2690' to '12456'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 3146 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 7124 per tick'
    - Slot 4 changed from 'Return 82.5% of Spell Damage as Hit Points - Total: 9084' to 'Return 82.5% of Spell Damage as Hit Points - Total: 20571'

Tserrina's Grasp Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2811' to '13017'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 3303 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 7480 per tick'
    - Slot 4 changed from 'Return 82.5% of Spell Damage as Hit Points - Total: 9537' to 'Return 82.5% of Spell Damage as Hit Points - Total: 21599'

Tserrina's Grasp Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2938' to '13668'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 3468 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 7854 per tick'
    - Slot 4 changed from 'Return 82.5% of Spell Damage as Hit Points - Total: 10014' to 'Return 82.5% of Spell Damage as Hit Points - Total: 22678'

Frozen Leech:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3028' to '11350'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 3056 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 6656 per tick'
    - Description changed from 'Drains the life from your target, doing @3 damage every six seconds for %z. Triggers a recourse that will heal your group for *%R#11 hit points every six seconds.' to 'Drains the life from your target, doing @3 damage every six seconds for %z. Triggers *%R%N, which will heal your group for *%R#11 hit points every six seconds.'

Frozen Leech Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3164' to '11918'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 3209 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 6989 per tick'
    - Description changed from 'Drains the life from your target, doing @3 damage every six seconds for %z. Triggers a recourse that will heal your group for *%R#11 hit points every six seconds.' to 'Drains the life from your target, doing @3 damage every six seconds for %z. Triggers *%R%N, which will heal your group for *%R#11 hit points every six seconds.'

Frozen Leech Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3306' to '12484'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 3369 per tick' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 7338 per tick'
    Szilent and Marton like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Why?

The revamp shouldn't change the spell cast time, especially since all was changed was mana cost, damage and health cap back. All other casting classes have various casting times for their spells.

Be thankful you don't have a 12 sec mana return line that's unmodifiable in casting time.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Thank you very much.
  5. svann Augur

Still no word on a quicktime fix?
    :oops:
    minimind, Tucoh, Conq and 2 others like this.
  6. BaraMangler New Member

It appears the Necro self-only lich line is having recourses removed on the lower tiers at least as I'm less familiar with the upper level lines. How is this intended to function?

1) HP returned as one big chunk using the Total value described in the spell when cast?

or

2) HP returned as actual spell damage done at the rate specified (100% on early leech line, looks like down to 82.5% on later) and the Total value is just a description value?
    Edit: Tested on test, HP is returned as described in 2.

There is also no mention of these changes in the Patch notes, these were pulled from spell data parser on eqresource for the 6/9 Test patch. There is also no mention of dot stocking. Will these lines now stack in their present form? Edit: Yes, at least for sub 70 spells.

Will these lines healing also stack if they are returning life per tick rather than upfront? Edit: Yes. It occurs per tick at the rate specified. This is a lot of self healing increase potential at the obvious higher mana cost of leech line.

...probably easier for me to just check my test character out.

And since I'm in here asking, is it at all possible to get some sort of guideline for what is being revamped for Necro spell lines as it regards what appears to be above lvl 70 and below lvl 70? You're touching the full Leech lines of the Necro but are NOT changing damage/mana values for those under 72. Why? Is there a plan for sub-70 dot revamps or not?
  7. Chopin.Xegony Augur

They have not even acknowledged that it is a bug yet. Six months later.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No fix to overseer vanishing quests or quest limitations not resetting after 12 hours
    Gyurika Godofwar and Stephen51 like this.
  9. Ashtorroth New Member

at this point i'd be ok with them removing the spell haste component of quicktime since that's what is causing the issue. nearly everyone with a mana bar has had to block it, which is a shame because otherwise its really good.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If we're right, and I'm fairly certain we (the players) are correct on why QT is bugging out spell/disc casting - can we just place a cap on spell casting speed with QT on? Set it to can't go below .5 cast time or something so the classes that can receive a benefit for slower casting spells still receive the benefit.

Also, take QT off your block buff. Make keys that cast an AA spell (I use entrap) in both your spam bar and each individual spell you cast with a hot key. Casting an AA works like a champ to cure locked up casting. I suppose a Invisibility AA would work as well, just use your self only one. I take zero credit for this. It was Robnie's idea.

We shouldn't have to use my above work around. The bug should be fixed.
  11. Santrigan Lorekeeper

Hi,

I was wondering what will happen to our Hastened Decay aa under the focus tab that reduces the cooldown time of flash dots by 6 seconds. It's pretty much obsolete now with the flash dot changes. The only flash dot still with a cooldown is Lexelan's Swift deconstruction.
    Will we get a refund or can the aa line be changed to hasten Grasp and Mindwrack cast times? Both are currently at a base cast time of 6 seconds, with all modifications (raid foci, tribute) their cast time is is reduced to 3.36 for Grasp and 3.96 for Wrack.
    menown likes this.
  12. Szilent Augur

Absolutely not. Only super bads or super bads whose badness is layered on being bad at automating play would block QT due to the occasional and easily remedied spell bar issue.
    Duder, Sancus, kizant and 2 others like this.
  13. Moege Augur

At the cost of 1728 crowns I cannot see this getting a lot of use.
    minimind likes this.
  14. Conq Augur

How about unattuners in the DB store? I'm all out of Loyalty across 6 accounts to get a box caught up on collects! Opening free accounts to collects in Overseer will alleviate this somewhat, but DP could milk me for some $$ if I could buy some unattuners in the DB store!
    Conq
  15. Metanis Bad Company

Wonderful patch message. Strongly suggests that someone has learned the old saw that if you're in a hole stop digging!
    Moege likes this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Any time I log in and am 10/10 on quests completed, I log back to character select and back in a couple minutes later and its fixed to 0/10.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its not "easily" remedied. Clicking an AA with a cast time does not always work. Zoning is sometimes the only thing that works.

Needs to get fixed, period.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Meh, what else will you use it for?
  19. svann Augur

I thought the patch was boring as heck.
    edit: and yes heck. Comparing this patch to hell would be giving it too much credit.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

They don't all have to be game breaking changing.=P
    /reward is nice, I've had quests bug and couldn't figure out why I didnt get a reward so that will help. Also the part about saying what combine you failed I guess is nice if youre giving high end mats to a TSer and they say they failed. Guess you got proof now? haha

But yeah, not much meat in there but thats not always a bad thing.