Out of curiosity, why are people so worked up?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arugan, May 27, 2020.

1. Arugan Lorekeeper

Ok, I get it. You really want to play the game. You paid money and you want what you're owed, yadda yadda.

Personally, I expected things to be rocky at launch. Maybe I wont even get to log in today. Life will go on. What difference does a day or two matter in the grand scheme of things?

So for all you people screaming bloody murder on the forums and discord, whats your reason? You want to be the first to level 50? You took time off work? Your dog died yesterday and you need to take out your frustration somewhere?

Is it really all just based on principle? Are people that emotionally invested in this server launch? I'm having a hard time grasping the psychology of it. Sorry if I'm slow.
  2. AnonFrog01 Journeyman

Because your mom over charges
  3. Ishbu Augur

Ive left the house like 5x in the last 6 weeks. Give me a virtual world
    KimchiGoddess, Laronk and Scipio5 like this.
  4. jeydiejones New Member

i wonder if the issues are do to hackers trying to circonvent the true boxer code and also trying to hack their way to 50 on both servers including botting warping ?
    Scipio5 and Daber's like this.
  5. Rokkie New Member

some people may want to get on faster so they can get their character name before someone else takes it.
  6. Piznut Angry Gnome

I think it's the point that even the advanced games out there have figured out how to do big updates and new expansions without clusters like this. DBG is running a 21 year old game, and has done TLP releases multiple times (That they charge $15 bucks a month for, which is the same price as modern games) and I think people do deserve a little bit of quality with their product.
    Riule and Sithil like this.
  7. Daber's New Member

lmao
  8. Arugan Lorekeeper

Do they though? Every product is a different quality. If you don't like the quality, don't buy the product.

We all knew this was going to happen. It's par for the course. People have been saying it on the forums since the servers were announced, "don't take off work the first day because servers wont be stable!"

I, as I'm sure everyone else did, hoped for an improvement this time around. But I set my expectations low, and they were met. The odds were clear.
  9. 3nn10 Journeyman

You shouldn't be okay with it. If it was a free server, sure. But they hyped the servers, hyped the purchasing of packs, and took away the old packs specifically to hype the purchases of new packs SPECIFICALLY for these server launches.
    So, they knew, or could know if they cared to look, the demand for the servers. Then this happens...
    This isn't new technology or theory. Some people at this company need to be held accountable.
    Gio1999, Riule and Zee_Rex like this.
  10. 3nn10 Journeyman

At this point, even Wolcen had a better launch than this round of TLPs *cringe
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

After 35 years we still cant get a decent launch but p99 does it with ease and they have more boxers than rizlona. Thats why people are upset.
    Gio1999, Riule and Zee_Rex like this.
  12. Hinastorm86 Augur

I'm frankly kinda jealous, it shows they are excited and that they care.

I still like this game, but it's been years since i've felt excitement like that for anything, feelsgettingoldman.
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Be nice, at least she makes a mean sammich.
    Minpire likes this.
  14. Jimmy2times Elder

This is ForumQuest the game bro.
    Minpire likes this.
  15. Minpire Augur

Here we go........Comparing Oranges to Apples
  16. Arugan Lorekeeper

I'm with you on this one. TLPs are the closest I get to that feeling as far as games are concerned. The passion is not quite there anymore, but I try to make the best of it. I'm not going to let a one day (anticipated) delay sour my own personal hype. If things are still a mess by tomorrow night though, then that's a different story!
  17. Kujoe Lorekeeper

people are worked up bc the garbage can of the 2 server releases is effecting every other server. usually, you have the chaos isolated to the new servers, today... we are all in this sinking ship together
  18. nagash101 Augur

Wait. None of that makes any sense. That isn't how any of that works.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Don't confuse folks with the facts. It's like trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work, and it annoys the pig.
  20. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

[quote="Arugan, post: 3923056, member: 420231"What difference does a day or two matter in the grand scheme of things?."[/quote]

The absolute fact that they repeatedly announced the servers would go live almost 9 hours ago and they have been up for less than 90 minutes. Don't promise things you can't deliver - It's not a principle everyone can understand, and by your own admission you may have issues with it... Most people who play EQ are at a minimum approaching 30, and more likely nearly 50. We've heard it all, and "oops" stopped cutting it 15 years ago.
    MileyVyrus and Riule like this.