2 Month lockouts, no LDON, more keys.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, May 15, 2020.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

The consensus seems to be that 1 month was too short on selos, and 3 months is too long on the other servers. There are alot of people who dont want to play the same expansions again especially if they are 3 months. I think if it was switched to 2 months you would get more players and make more money. Also, if you remove LDON or shorten it, or release it with PoP, or GoD, I think the server would survive longer, and people who want to see more expansions would be more likely to join the new servers as well. People hate LDON overall, and I think alot of people just quit before GoD and Omens, because of LDON. If people knew the server would go right from PoP, to GoD, I think alot more people would stick around for more expansions, and you wouldnt have a server that you are paying to keep going that has all of 100 people playing on them .I think you would find if you pollled it that GoD and Omens are at least as good as Luclin, and IMO they are better .Then you could add more keys to expansions past that. The main issues people seem to have with selos, from what I have read is that 1 month is too short, and there arent enough keys to go around.

I think this would be the perfect server to appease fans, and make the most amount of money.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  2. Camdalf New Member

I second this!
  3. Kutsuu Augur

6 months of PoP (PoP + LDoN) is pretty horrible. Would love to see LDoN thrown in with PoP or come 1 month into PoP.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Then a TLP is not the server for them.

The data from the previous TLP tracking sites does not support this conclusion. Phinny had 22 guilds that completed PoP, 21 that completed 19 that completed Omens, 17 that completed Depths. There is a drop off, but it is not a sever as you seem to think.
    Bailen and Skuz like this.
  5. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Thats on one of the first TLPs. The average person has played on multiple TLPs, and cant stand the thought of doing months of LDON. again.
  6. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Show me data from last 3 month per expansion server. that got to LDON, and Ill show you a dead server.
  7. Machen New Member

There was a time when LDoN wasn't released as its own 3 month expansion. I think they made a mistake with mangler switching to that model. They should revert it to the Fippy or Phinny approach. Launch LDON two weeks or a month into pop. (Iirc it was 2 weeks orr 30 days after RZTW died on Fippy.)
  8. Machen New Member

Every server that has gotten to ldon with 3 months of ldon has already been filled with people who already rerolled one or more times once earlier servers hit those eras. LDON is not necessarily directly correlative to server death.

I'm personally more concened aboout PoR than ldon.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Korea numbah3 Elder

2 months would be awesome for 85% of the expacs.. But that time in 70, even on selos, was too slow. I'd be afraid it would still be doomed around the same time as usual.
  10. Kutsuu Augur

If only you could just skip straight from PoP to TSS.
  11. HJC0083 Journeyman

I've always wondered why they stick with the 3 month model, especially in classic. There always seems to be a steep population dropoff right before the 2 month re-up that would probably not happen if Kunark was on the horizon. I have to assume that they know something I don't know, though.
  12. ForumBoss Augur

+1. Also combine por with dodh please.
  13. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Ok., then go to 1 month at some point. Perfect.
  14. Gremin Augur

Dead is not the same in everyones mind. Also Daybreaks continual opening of servers is the major reason for population decline right around the time of LDoN. I am coming off playing on the last voted on servers so we had 9 months of Pop/LDoN, so the whining is laughable. I enjoy LDoN a lot raid wise, they have been tuned and the loot is bearable. There is some amazing augments in those raids that will last a good 12 expansions roughly. They can be boring as hell, but once you learn the strats you can get them pretty quickly. I am also a person who thinks GoD since being retuned is one of the best expansions in game, but thats what opinions are for.
  15. Lionari Elder

Everything OP said is accurate.

2 month lockouts + PoP w/ LDoN release simultaneously would be perfect! Would also be nice if epic spawns and drop rates were increased and raid bosses drop an extra item. We aren't asking for much here!
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Good news! You can!..sorta...Mangler is in PoP now, TSS opens on Coirnav June 3 =P
  17. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

Got my vote!
  18. Yarteb Elder

Enough with the "they should do it MY way" posts. 3 month unlocks are good and sooo looking forward to Arudane.
    Overcast451 and Dythan like this.
  19. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Uh, ok, but the vast majority of people do want 2 month, so how is that "my way".

Same applies to Ldon, and keys. What are you talking about.
  20. Sollix Journeyman