Bug: Advanced Loot Window - Group "Leader" Changes on Zone Out

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dahaman, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Dahaman Augur

- Coirnav Server
    - "Learning the Power" mission instance
    - Three people in a group.

Char #1 is the group leader and splitting via Advanced Loot. Char #1 and #2 flee the zone while Char #3 stays while feigned. Char #1 and #2 come back into the zone. Char #3 is now the leader for the Advanced Loot Window (but not for the actual group).

Typing "/makeleader Char #1" by Char #3 does not work, as Char #3 is not the actual group leader. It fails to fix the issue.

If Char #1 makes Char #3 the group leader, then Char #3 can make Char #1 the group leader again. This fixes the Advanced Loot window issue.

This happened multiple times.
  2. niente Developer

Do all 3 characters have Master Looter Candidate enabled in advanced loot options?

You can right click a player's name in the group window > roles > Master Looter to set the ML back to the group leader.

Other than those ideas, I wasn't able to reproduce this as described.
  3. Greymantle Augur

I have seen this happen. What i belive is the issue is there is proabably un distributed loot in the window when 1 & 2 flee. As the sole live player in the zone, the ability to dispurse (leader) defaults to that person so that the loot is accessable.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Dahaman Augur

I've seen that many times and that is what should happen. That listed scenario resolves itself when the master looter zones back into the zone.

In the case I experienced, the master looter did not resolve itself back the the original.

I'll have to check the Master Looter Candidate setting is enabled or not in all the character settings as Niente requested. The settings on all three characters have been set for 70 levels. This is the first time this has happened and it has only happened in that one instance (not saying the instance is causing it, just trying to provide all details I can think of).

This isn't a high priority bug in my opinion. It might only be a fluke and the workarounds found might be enough to help others in the future that experience it.