Fixed Internally New Augs have no melee stats

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dewey, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Dewey Augur

The new augs do not contain Attack values, HP regin values.

I have also not seen any with mana regin on them.

Frost Covered Shard - Only has Heal Amount, Spell damage, and Clairvoyance.
    Spiked Fang only has Heal amount, Spell damage, and Clairvoyance.
    Frozen Lizard Scale - Only has Heal Amount, Spell damage and Clairvoyance.

Please add in an attack value to the augs. Thank you.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Derka like this.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

I dont believe they added Enhanced Aggression ranks to raise attack cap. The new hero's AAs raise it but didn't check how much yet so it might be very easy to attain max attack already.
  3. Dewey Augur

If you take augs away that have attack and replace them with these augs that have no attack. Do you think you'll still be maxed? When you talk about being maxed is this groupers, raiders or both?

As far as I can tell I remove an Aug that has the attack stat on it and my attack goes down. I am not asking for more than last expansion or more than previous augs. I am saying it should at least be the same. Since it was missed on all augs of appears to be an oversight and a bug.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

Before ToV in group gear I could take away attack augs and not have attack go down. Looks like T3 ToV group gear vs TBL adamant has almost 6 more ATK each (piece depending). I'm sure it was something that they missed since the augs are direct improvements of past similar augs, I was just pointing out that you could potentially not notice the loss depending on your gearing.
  5. Duder Augur

What do you value more? 4hdex or 33atk? I think the immersive value of the lack of attack on new type 7's is huge and I personally welcome it.
  6. Dewey Augur

If you got 4 Heroic dex maybe I'd agree with you. For instance Secret Dawn gem of security/Jetsam of the Darkened Sea(both have attack). Dex 15 Frozen Lizard Scale Dex 16. No attack on the Frozen Lizard Scale.

Spiked Fan has zero dex. It also has zero attack.

Please explain where you get this +4 Dex on new augs? Because I'm not seeing it.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

I just took off coronach of sand and dour blue, both of which have 33 attack each and had 0 change on my attack stat. Swapped them for some new augs for a gain of +3 DEX
  8. Deathly Elder

I will be curious to see if they missed putting them on or if it was intentional. To think it should be at least even is a fair thought, but can be far from the intentions. Not every "upgraded" or maybe a better word is "New/different" item has to be better or the same in everything, some stats should be sidegrades, some should downgrades. AS long as something went up hopefully. Depends on what you are looking for. This would actually get away from BIS items, make people have to choose instead of being told what is best.
  9. Duder Augur

Replace your lowest dex aug with a new highest dex aug you have.
    What augs are you using? Upgrading the aug by archetype will net you very small gains. But, list out what augments you currently have equipped.

My monk does not have even a base Artisan's Prize atm so is unable to equip ALL of the ToV augs without losing some attack. And that's fine though, great motivation to go finish Eron's =P. But also, it was mentioned that the new gear has higher attack values.
  10. Dewey Augur

So my main stat on my warrior is not heroic dex. Therefore; I am not going to do as you suggest. He still uses attack. I am not following your logic. On the warrior I focus on heroic sta.
  11. Duder Augur

How would I know your main is a warrior? Isn't Dewey a rogue? You go on about rogues an awful lot to make a post and assume everyone knows you're talking about a warrior.

Bottom line is immersion. Augs have always been more than strict mudflation, which is what you're asking for. Most people very much enjoy the depth of EQ. And keeping away from strict mudflation helps to keep that depth present. Everyone's build of their character is their own. People have been using EoK augs through TBL based on their desired stats. It's on you as to how you build your character with what is made. If you want the attack, keep the augs with attack. Simple.
  12. Duder Augur

The same applies for the Hsta.

And it could be a bug/oversight. You could be right. Same with the new pet ears' hdex I posted about. Its hard for us to ever know without comment/reply from devs. I was only offering insight into methodology otherwise. But as usual, you are combative.
  13. Dewey Augur

My warrior isn't my main, and my main is a rogue.

I said my main STAT on my warrior(not me yelling in all caps, just trying to highlight to remove confusion)... Meaning the only heroic I care about... I can understand the confusion. Anyways, there's no reason to loose attack when upgrading augs.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

These look like caster/priest augs to me, so wouldn't have attack.
  15. Dewey Augur

https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=163571

No Aug in this expansion has attack on it.

The Velium Infused Gem of Adroitness and the security Aug do not have attack.

Are you trying to say that no Aug in the ToV expansion is a mellee aug?
    Duder likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The 3 augs you described as only having heal spell damage and clarvoyance nothing else, that sounds like caster/priest augs if other augs have other stats and are still missing attack then maybe there is something wrong with those not the caster/priest augs.
  17. Dewey Augur

All of the augs are missing the attack stat. These augs are mellee/tank augs based off of the heroics.

Every aug in the expansion has heal damage, spell damage and clairvoyance. Because of the hybrids.

Even my cleric prefers to have attack on his gear /augs. I know many shammy's that also mellee mobs in between cast.

Adding in attack only helps and hurts no one. These are not caster specific augs.
    Duder likes this.
  18. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I propose that the TOV augs have 40 attack and 10 hpt/mana regen added to them
  19. Derka Power Ranger

Is heroic strength the only way outside of Enhanced aggression and hero's fortitude to raise your attack cap? Clicked on Gorowyn fortified drink which is +58 heroics, saw my capped attack go up 37 points. Does that 1.6 attack per heroic strength sound right?
  20. Daedly Augur

The real bug is that the augs don't have +Frenzy damage.