TBL Chase Loot Luck?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gizaton, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Gizaton New Member

Hi guys I havent been able to find an answer to this question. Are there any plans to either introduce new luck type 18 augs or further levels for TBL chase loot to increase the luck to 10? IIRC it was stated that these chase items were supposed to be BiS for multiple expansions.
  2. Dewey Augur

So far they are only best in slot for "some classes"

If your like a rogue then they are not best in slot and you wasted your time. It's a giant slap in the face, but whatever. The dev said he won't increase the luck or look into increasing the luck because it will mess with the TLP servers.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

He actually never said he wouldn't, just that the effect to TLPs was one of the issues with just flat increasing it.
  4. Dewey Augur

That's what he wrote. Which means to me your SOL. He also stated that people are telling him luck doesn't do anything. I sure hope he stops talking to those people.
  5. svann Augur

And so it goes
    Till the day you die
    This thing they call luck
    It's gonna make you cry
    Luck stinks!
  6. Tucoh Augur

7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I haven't figured out why we can't just have a turn-in NPC in the EW camp. Turn in your item, get the same one back with +5 luck. There's not a lot of 'final' (raid and non-raid top versions) for each slot. TLP wouldn't have access to the extra 5 luck until ToV opened... *shrug*

Then again, I see no reason at all to not put the standard, storebought rogue poisons on the vendor in PoK. They have a required level to use the stupid things. If you're not 110, being able to buy the poisons from RoS isn't going to help you.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Honestly don't even need that, just an evolution level that requires completing an achievement from ToV. That way there is still work required and it isn't a free upgrade.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Not that I've done any of these, but that would exclude most people to just add another evolution . . as the current top level evolution requires all the raids/achievements in TBL to be finished.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

True, I had forgot about that. I suppose the best alternative would instead be to pull out an old option, the invisible Aug (a la Epic 2.5). Make a quest which you do killing some stuff in EW or something, and then you turn in your Chase item as the final step, and regardless of what level of the evolution you are on an invisible Aug with +5 Luck is put into the item at the same evolution point it was at when turned in. This would still have you work for the increase without requiring you to have completely finished the evolution to get it.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

That would work, too. I mean, there's all kinds of work arounds for this. =\
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think a lot of it is a combination of the Devs possibly not thinking of some of them like the one I mention, or there being things which make it more complicated to do them then we are aware.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If it added an invisible aug you would more than likely lose it if you evolved the chase items with it equipped. Also I think these items already have the maximum number of aug slots allowed.
  14. Braxan New Member

First, I recall the issue of lack of slot 3 aug slots on evolving items being that the evolving items could not hold any more aug slots. This would mean that an invisible aug slot concept would not work for these items.

The TLP concern appears to be a straight forward fix if a ToV container (quested or even bought for plat) where used that a player can place either the max non-raid evolved item (lvl 5) and hit combine and it adds the 5 luck to a renamed item, call it level 5+. Similarly , a level 6 item (one that has raid achievements) can be put in the box and turn it into level 6+. A level 5+ item would be able to evolve with raid achievements into a level 6+.

Given how many hours players put into these items just to enable evolution, then farm Fight Fire missions at nausea to get a set of 4, and then the huge number of kills in TBL to actually evolve them up to level 5 (and do all the raid achievements to get to level 6 for the raiders) which were based on a commitment that they would be Best In Slot for TBL and the next expansion. Adding a new container and itemizing 32 new items (which are really just adding 5 to the luck stat of 32 existing items with minor name change ) does not sound like an unreasonable amount of effort on DBG end.