Forums related problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AB_H'Sishi, Aug 27, 2019.

1. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Hello.

I'm watching several threads, including those I gave hints or tried to help. But I never get any email notifications about answers. My preferences are set to "Watch this thread" plus "and receive email notifications".
    Within forums there's no way to see my mail address to confirm it's correct. In my DBG account information the mail address is correct and I get regular DBG mails with Producer's letters and expansion announcements.

So, why do email notifications from the Everquest Forums not make their way to me?

Thanks for looking into this.
    //HSishi
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have never used that portion of the "watched thread"- I just set it up under alerts preferences to notify me when someone likes my posts or quotes my posts etc.

Then that pops up in the "alert" thing on upper right which I see when I log in to the forums. There are also little colors, !! marks and stuff to say if you have read the post or there are new posts or not.

The "in box" is not email and is mainly for when the Forum Mods send you a warning about your posts (well, at least for me) or if someone wants to communicate with you directly.

Maybe someone who uses the email preference could clear this up? I would try it out but more email is the last thing I need. :D

You can also see your posts by clicking your name on the top and look at your posts and then you would see if any one responded or how its going on your comment.
  3. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Thanks for the reply, CatsPaws, but I am aware of that "Alert" notification at the top.This requires Log-in, though, or I can just peek into the threads I expect replies unless they are in a logged-in-only section, like Beta.

Sure, if mail spam gets too much you can always untick the email option or, in other forums, choose how often mails are sent (every time / daily / weekly, for example).

But I get *no* mails at all (including your answer above this, btw.) from DBG forums :( .