@Devs pls look into this game breaking ability for our era.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creepin, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Creepin Lorekeeper

This is not only out of era but is extremely game breaking, on a warrior its the equivalent to stacking two defensives "one adding bonus spell shielding" and it basically gives everybody else the option to have defensive when they otherwise shouldnt and or wouldnt, no point carrying a low aggro warrior around when a high aggro shadow knight can just pop this and be better then a warrior in every aspect.

This glyph dwarfs shadow knights having deflection in this era, shamans having puma, priest classes having aoe rez, ect, ect yet all these things have been removed cuz it was out of era and or just to powerful for the current era yet Glyph of Dragon Scales still exists.

[IMG]
  2. a_librarian Augur

Don't use them?
  3. taliefer Augur

its 20AA. for any non selo server thats a not exactly a trivial amount of time to invest in a one use ability. i actually like that its there as an option, but its far from necessary
  4. ThenaEQ Augur

Dwarves cant be shadow knights.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Why would you want to divert this topic? It's a valid point, and not only is Glyph tanking a truly trivializing ability, but, much like levitating in Plane of Fire, it is tarnishing the spirit of the game.

In fact, many people have already pointed out that Plane of Fire castles have invisible walls throughout the stairs, so that gives you an idea into what the "spirit" of the zone was back then. But with modern computers and the change to levitate years ago (you no longer sink much) this is a recent development that players are able to actually get above and over the castle to skip content.
  6. ThenaEQ Augur

:eek:
  7. Iyacc Augur

OMG, you've been assimilated. Damnit Dythan!!
  8. Bewts Augur

I think it’s perfect exactly the way it is; I can now use divine rezz on a Wizard after they empty their mana bar and suicide instead of saving it for whining warriors who don’t have stamina.

And now rangers can tank longer than the duration of weaponshield.

And paladins can be warriors bedsides being ramp duty 24/7.

And shadow knights can be warriors instead of being on trash duty.

Like... THIS IS SO F’ING GOOD! Possibilities are endless!
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

::
  10. Spayce Augur

It's fine to debate lev in PoFire or whether this glyph is game breaking or not, but stop with the false information.

I was floating over C1 in PoFire the very first day I got elemental access 16+ years ago. In fact, I never even knew the lava tunnel existed until a few months ago when I tried to swim through it on Coirnav.

It may not be intended, but it is NOT a recent development. Anyone stating otherwise is either ignorant or lying.
    ForumBoss, AcemoneyFV and Smokezz like this.
  11. Imukai Augur

Yeh so original PoFire you could levitate over the entire castle, much like you can do today. There's been no changes that make it more or less easy of a task.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Pally LoH AA being OP on TLPs with basically a CH every tick for a while. Let the warriors enjoy their glyph.
  12. Micker Augur

I will never ever understand the mindset of someone who asks for nerfs like this. I just don't get it. If its so powerful, why don't you use it?? It's available to everyone and every class. Is it bothering you for some reason?
  13. Bowdeen Elder

If your warriors actually need to use that to tank any content, your warriors suck. I tanked Tacvi with time gear, and had no issues. Neither did other warriors in my guild. We had no issues tanking OMM, dagger mode of Devlin in Demi, nothing. Not to mention, the 20 AA cost is a bit steep.

If anything, that opens the doors for your SKs/Pallies, as Bewts mentioned above. Low on warriors but don't want to call the raid? SK or Pally can pop this and have a decent chance of survival now.

#TLDR: Stop complaining you wuss. It simply gives your raid more opportunities.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

20 AA on selo is like 15 min. The problem the OP has is being the only person who wants Selo to be hard. Rest of the server knows it is supposed to be a fast paced loot piñata tour of EQ.
  15. AcemoneyFV Augur

I never even played in Plane of Fire until I returned in 2012 and made it to max level. The first thing I was taught was to just go high up and Levitate across. I thought it was the normal thing to do until I also found the tunnel one day just exploring and doing hunters.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

I mean... this doesn't even pass the sniff test. What creature would design a castle, surround it by a moat of burning lava, give it underground tunnel access, and then let you just fly over an un-guarded wall?

Like... "Oops, the enemy just penetrated our ozone layer! Better let them pass by unperturbed!"
  17. Iyacc Augur

This was also the only way anyone ever used to get past the castle the first time through during it's original release. I don't know anyone who has ever come through that tunnel, on any of the servers I've played on or even heard of someone doing it.
  18. Creepin Lorekeeper

You also wont need to click a mask on OMM, can ignore the mechanic and just def/glyph and he only hits for 3k powered up.
  19. taliefer Augur

or just hit furious or fortitude on a missed mask click, like has been done for years on TLPS. why waste 20 aa on something like that
    ForumBoss likes this.
  20. Hamshire Augur

even with really strong dps its still going to power up at least 5-6 times through the whole fight.