Helms and Illusions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kenre, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Kenre Journeyman

I was wondering if it were possible to have it so we don't lose the helm look when clicking off an illusion. I have the armor augs and the helm Aug look disappears when I click off an illusion. I can fix it by taking off the helm and putting back on or by zoning.

This isn't a big issue I realize, but it is an annoyance in a raid when NET fades and can't bother the enchanter mid raid to recast NET on me so I use the Janns mask to get that buff running. (Or just make NET and the mask buff stackable). I bought the ability to use armor augs and I want to see my helm and look stylish while raiding. I take an endurance hit if I take it off and on again to get my sweet look back.

Is this something that is possible? I mean, none of the other armor pieces fade off when you click off an illusion.
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It's an old bug, and frequently reported.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

And frequently ignored by the devs.

It's not just illusions. I have my toons set to hide AFK players. If I'm AFK and turn it off, I can change views and my character looks normal to me...the helm/ornament displays correctly. But if I switch over and view that toon with another character, then the helm graphic is missing.

They either don't care enough to fix it, or don't know how to fix it because it's been going on for months in my case.
  4. Febb Augur

It's a game engine bug and it has been around I think since Luclin was the current expansion.