GMM RAID WIN !

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yimin, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Axxius Augur

Or maybe they just haven't figured out all mechanics yet. We probably haven't either, and we are far from the highest DPS raid forces, but...
    Code:
    [Sun Mar 17 20:08:03 2019] Repthor says, 'Hail, Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears'
    [Sun Mar 17 20:08:03 2019] Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears says, 'I didn't know Slime could speak common.  Go back to the sewer before I lose my temper.'
    [Sun Mar 17 20:14:18 2019] Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears has been slain by Thundarr!
  2. Axxius Augur

IMO it's a bit premature to ask for nerfs after just 1 run. If anything, they need a buff, given the quality of items they drop.

The 1st raid is trivial once you figure out the one and only important mechanic.

The 2nd event (Museum) is the most interesting by far. Needs a buff though. Other than people failing emotes there is no danger of wiping in it.

The 3rd raid should be buffed, big time. It's completely trivial except for 2 mechanics that require a quick look at the spell data. Tanks have nothing to do, the adds are mezzable (how do you even mez a robot? :confused: ), the boss doesn't fight back for most of the event, there are 89k AEs (and avoidable at that), etc.
    Thoxsel likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Drunk raiding ftw!!
    Slippry likes this.
  4. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I understand your point of view, but in my opinion giving mid tier guilds a bone isn’t a bad thing as it is anniversary after all and imo a special one at that. Mechanics aren’t hard but the dps requirements could very well be for some of those guilds.The gear could help them out getting further in the regular tbl raid progression and be a happy addition I’m sure.

Those of us in the top 10 thinking they should be harder are only thinking about ourselves and what we personally would like. I’d always love a challenge for sure, but what always would be a challenge for us would necessarily be fun at all for many. All these raids are loot piñatas including the rest of the whole expansion (minus mera).

Too early to say? Well, considering it takes months to get any sort of tuning, asking now would likely mean changes in May so I might as well start voicing initial opinions. ^_^
  5. Derresh Augur

In beta they were soloable, then they got overtuned a bit, then brought back down some to what they are now. One of the devs said during beta testing that these raids weren't intended to be overly difficult.

Still a few bugs with them though like the boss in #3 getting stuck up in the air until it eventually resets.
  6. Sancus Augur

I do agree it's premature; it's entirely possible we're missing mechanics on the first raid given we've only done it once. It's a bit hard to tell if we're both thinking of the same mechanic or not.

Our win was relatively expedient too (Combined: Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears in 260s), but I think executing our strat becomes increasingly difficult as the fight goes on longer. At least with my current understanding of the raid, I'm skeptical that most mid tier guilds would be able to do it in the way we do. It'll be interesting to see the results as more guilds attempt these raids; it's a bit of a shame they aren't tracked somewhere just to see completion rates.

Anyhow, I do think having one of the three raids being accessible would be a positive, even if the gear is probably better than it should be. I agree with Lianeb that the difficulty curve slopes downward in order of progression (or at least the third event is substantially easier than the first two), which is awkward. At the risk of agreeing with myself, the more I think about it, the more I feel like making the raids non-linear is a better alternative to nerfing anything.
    Scornfire and gotwar like this.
  7. Aldryn Another New Member

One car bomb per failed emote!
    Ssdar, Sancus, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  8. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

/dead
  9. sojero One hit wonder

SV beat it on The Rathe, did event 1 at the end of a night and then last night went back and beat event 2 and 3. The hardest part of the raid is the LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG that about half the raid force had. I had to /q and come back and it would clear it up for a bit (15 min or so) then had to do it again, so had to /q once first night, and once second night.

Events are not overly difficult, and I would say about right where they should be.
    Nniki likes this.
  10. Kolani Augur

Symphony of Arms beat 1 and 2 last night, we were up against time and still needed to do loot so we saved 3 for the weekend raid. The first event took us something like seven minutes.
  11. Natal Augur

Why do you care? The only win that is important is the one you participate in.
  12. Rashod Lorekeeper

We've spent a night on it. We are definately in the lower tier of raiding guilds in all areas. We simply were mezing rats, and killing the mechanics as fast as we could. We didn't have the dps to keep up with the mechanics. Our best go was a little over 11minutes and we got the dragon down to 85ish percent.

It felt like a straight dps check to me, but at 3.3 million dps over those 11minutes we were no where close to taking it down. Seeing it being done in less than 5 minutes makes me think we're doing something majorly wrong and its not simply our terrible dps.

Selfishly accepting any spoilers! Also accepting all git guder comments that I'm sure will follow. Sadly theres only so much you can do with dps doing less than 50k.
    Tarvas, Derd, Slamg and 1 other person like this.
  13. bigpapa Augur

why having 1st raid to be that tough , why not having last one to be the hardest and the 1st one to be the easiest?.
    at this point we should not even bother to try that we didn't kill any tbl raids, yet, and we raid with 54.

I know some will say ** suck less **, but I can say about half the raid are pretty good players , others .......................
  14. Ambition Apprentice

I want to say I participated in GMM 3 and had fun, but I never once saw the boss. The lag was intense for me and the boss died for everyone else while on my screen his health was at 70%. Cheers to everyone who tried GMM and had fun!

[IMG]
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Derd Augur

We tried raid 1 again tonite, and basically the same problem, mechanics. Spawning 1 at a time we can keep up with and still get dps back on the boss, when two spawn at the same time or almost the same time we cant recover. Is two spawning that close together something anyone else is seeing happen or are we screwing something up causing it?

We actually tried just burning him and basically ignoring the mechanic spawns.. that went horribly bad :) so take that one off the to try list .

Any directions for a lower dps guild would be appreciated, even if its "hey get your dps up to such and such or it's just not going to happen. " Or We do this and such and such spawns slower etc..
  16. Kiras Augur

So has anyone found any alternative ways to deal with the mechanics yet, or is this literally just another brute force you must have X DPS to pass raid?

None of the CC methods I've tried have worked. The most promising seemed to be punt locking them (like the MegaLavabomb in FM), but there's some weird warping mechanic going on where they appear at the boss anyways.
  17. Lianeb Augur

They warp to the center if they get to the wall.
    If you want to try that as a strat use bards with lure of the siren and a quick fade to a spot not the wall.

It does get exponentially more risky the longer it takes to kill him
    Yimin, Littlelegs and Sancus like this.