Agnarr, How much raid content can be done with 1 group?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ostill82, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Tachyon Augur

I'd think you could take out Vallon Zek in Tactics.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

As a paladin, I am offended to be lumped in with "DPS".
  3. ostill82 New Member

I was thinking Ornate/Tranquility and LDoN, but it has been a long time since I did that content. I had a Time Geared Necro in era, but I don't remember what the other available gear was like at the time.
  4. Xhartor Augur

Isn't the Arch-Lich undead?
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

Rhag 1 and 2 are undead, but Arch Lich is not.

You'd be surprised how many mobs in PoP and back are *not* undead.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It’s funny that what’s doable on Agnarr is probably less than was doable in era PoP due to mighty buff.

AoW for example was easily doable with 2 Enchanters and 2 Clerics. Dlammaz and Kallis destroy him, DI healed NPCs for 100k and basically always triggered because their sub 20% HP Pool was so large, etc.

Other things like POFire and PoWater minis you could hide behind 2 or 3 charmed pets and just outlast most of them. Same with most Solusek Ro minis, etc.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's a really good case for implementing MOTM.

That's just depressingly OP lol.

Not that I wouldn't be the first to roll an ENC/CLR again though...
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

MOTM is depressing because all it involves is extra wasted time.

I wish there was another mechanic that wouldn't involve a 20+ minute fight to kill something 2 to 4 expansions back with a small crew.

I'd prefer challenge than boring 20+ minute fights where no one is in any danger.
  9. Psalmz Elder

On the TLP's, you can use the Agent of Change instances for Nagy and Vox: no level limit. I haven't tried them with a single group but they go down fast to 3 - 4 groups (Kunark era) just farming for scales.
  10. TimeBreak Elder

Really hard to say what just 1 group can do really. Only thing I remember doing with just 1 group was all of Classic and Kunark mobs. Also Sleepers Dragon's are easily 1 group-able but that's with gear, trying to judge group gear vs Elemental/Time gear is really hard.

I've done all the way up to VT and Emp with just 2 groups, but that was with 4-5 mostly BiS Time geared mains and another group worth of Elemental/Time geared boxes.
  11. Darkfisted New Member

Just completed this for fun, working up to what I may do going into what we now know is the Teek server. I ran Warrior, Cleric, Shaman, Bard, Monk, Ranger to 65 ran to 130 aa's on everyone and then went back to velious and farmed a full set of armor for everyone. I did plate cycle in Kael, then Arena, then mobs around Tormax once I had that set completed I did WToV what a slog that was even the trash took days/weeks to farm an armor set. Then the faction work... Getting on to the names took about 7 weeks for me. A lot of fights I did not have the mana to stay on top of healing with one cleric. Warrior did better than expected with defensive up, but once it went down just couldn't outlast the dps/mana race. I was able to recruit some people from open world to help kill everyone on the list (except the DT mobs not attempted) we did AOW with 13 and 3 clerics still took way longer than expected Warrior was 75 and cleric everyone else was 65. Most of the fights were just figuring out the mechanics and positioning and timing. Setting up Gina was something I should have done years ago, life saver. 10/10 would recommend to anyone grabbing a few friends and going through old content. I was able to get cleric epic, monk epic, Bard epic was the hardest of the 3. I did not attempt Warrior epic, and I have done Shaman epic many times in the past as that's my go to main. I did not attempt Rangers epic wanted to get on to LDONS and see how I did with them.
  12. Doze Augur

That's some serious thread necromancy there ...