Prince Ralafin mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yendar, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Yendar Augur

The January patch increased the difficulty of the NPCs in this mission.. but it’s still on a 15 min time trial. Seems like they have ALOT more hp now & the time should be adjusted accordingly.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I agree. The "difficulty" of this achievement was dramatically increased as a side effect of the other changes to the mission. Changing it to a 20 minute time trial would probably be a decent enough change.
  3. Brohg Augur

My only prob with that mission is that the mobs' models are too big, and their perches too high, for combat information to reach non-self player combatants.

There should not be a range check on group- or raid-mates' combat.

It's appropriate for their to be occasional strenuous challenges for dps as there is for tanking, healing & cc in other spots.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I wouldn't mind if they just made the spiders not summon. That would cut down on the time a lot by itself.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can agree to that one. But I probably can't get to it for the March Patch
    Axxius and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  6. Petalonyx Augur

How quickly are people able to do this mission. It took me nearly 2h when i did it...
  7. Tolzol Augur

10-15 minutes depending on group for me, longest I’ve seen is 20 minutes personally since we went in with no burns up. I could see it taking longer but did you have like no dps classes to take 2 hours?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Lubianx Augur

Now ask how long it takes to do in Group gear.

Took us a little over 20mins with War, cleric, shammy, monk, necro and mage (all group geared with some EOK raid gear). We went in trying to get the achievement and came up short. I think 20 minutes is a viable change
  9. Brohg Augur

This is right where "git gud" shines. Y'all should get a log file & get talking to people. There's maybe a couple dozen players in EQ that can confidently say they did each encounter completely correctly, so there's sure to be room for improvement for everyone involved.

Also - "group gear" is a heck of a red herring there. Raid gear would be a marginal dps improvement for all but the monk. Hopefully one of the "some EOK" you mention is his Staff of the Dragoon.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Tolzol Augur

The only two classes in that would be majorly effected dps wise by using group gear is the monk and warrior, i did also say i could see it taking longer and was not suggesting that the time trial shouldn’t be changed. The dude asked how quickly people are doing it so i answered how long it takes me.
  11. Brohg Augur

nope not warrior. Am warrior, can attest. Secret Dawn War Sword > all non-RoS raid weapons, for dps. Two years down the line it's supplanted Invested Wurmslayer. There's gains in, like, heroics & worn atk, but not like monk who should totally prioritize glomming on to some RoS runners for phlog
  12. Tolzol Augur

/shrug i was just assuming cus melee lol
  13. Brohg Augur

Getting a raid moob would be fabulous, major upgrade I'm sure. But in this context when folks speak of raid geared they usually mean an entry standard like last year's raid to do this year's group content. Warriors got a bit of catch-up this expansion like when monk 2h re-took their correct ratios in CotF like they'd been lacking for many years, so don't need last year's raid weapon to hang in on that front
  14. Lubianx Augur

I knew the "git gud" post was coming. You did mention marginal DPS improvement and I agree. A raid focus on the mage sleeves and a better EM, same with raid focus for necro and better EM there too will add a small increase. Every little bit helps. A little bit here, a little bit there could shave some time off and get closer to the 15 minute mark. Remember, all I am talking about is just over 1 minute less per mob.

Having to AE and have the spiders summon also drops some time so having them not summon may also help.

With the monk, no he doesn't have Staff of the Dragoon as he hasn't gotten the opportunity to get it yet
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Just hit this mission with my box crew.
    War - raid geared.
    Sham - Grp geared.
    Zerker - grp geared.
    Zerker - grp geared.
    Zerker - grp geared.
    Merc healer.

I was able to hit the achivment as evidenced by my alt's achivement checkmark. But I know that it had to have been close.. twords the end, my warrior kept getting summoned by the spiders which pulled off alot of dps from the target mob sadly..
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Lubianx Augur

That's not a "usual" group make up Whulf. Zerker Alliance/Covenant definitely would have helped a lot

Try it with group gear mixed classes. That mana drain mob (which we leave to last) curtails DPS on that mob.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

1 raid geared toon, 4 grp geared toons .. an 1 merc ..

does not have the same power as 6 Real fully aware players.. I disagree completely.. 100% against that lil buddy..
  18. Lubianx Augur

I concede that point but remember that alliance is a fairly significant boost.

The other thing to remember that there is a mana drain mob which will have 0 affect on pure melees (we were a little behind before this one where the "git gud" factor may come into affect) but this mob is where it slowed way down, and of cause, as you mentioned, the spiders.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Absolutely alliances play a huge role in how I set myself up to box.

Never argue against that. But I know for a fact 1 raid geared toon an 4 grp geared toons to include 1 merc healer .. is able to down this event in its current form.

So that mean's 1 raid geared toon an 5 real played grp geared players should be able to as well.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Fixing the pathing heavily in the area where the event takes place would make things far more pleasant both in raid and group. The spiders seem to get confused by geometry a lot and wander willy nilly around in circles.
    Sancus likes this.