New Selos and Mangler Rule Sets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protagonist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Candystore Augur

I am trying to recall how taxing GoD was on our raid guild, and we had 3 times more time than players on Selo.

You had to get everyone the KT flag in groups of 6. Then you had to drag everyone through Ikkinz trials. Then through the Txevu and Inktu'ta nightmare, then compete for m'sha in Qvic, train galore, then get that stupid mob at the end of Txevu to finally get to Tacvi.

You have to play 24/7, 7 days a week, to pull all of that off in 1 month on Selos.

Let's say a guild only makes it halfway through GoD when OOW unlocks, why would you even bother continuing at that point, you can just wait for DoN and do the easy dragons instead for better gear than GoD and better gear than half of OOW. The unlock rate on Selos makes no sense to me.
  2. Atabishii Elder

Raids will take slightly longer yes, but I just see no point in anyone playing a dps caster until luclin. If they were nerfing melee as well then it would be ok, but they made no mention of nerfing melee dmg.
    Trevalon likes this.
  3. Undustas Lorekeeper

Everyone so happy about Menglar and I literally have no idea why?

It's the same borring old tlp we always get...why is anyone happy about that??

All they had to do was make Selos 2 month unlocks and kept the casual title...

How can anyone be excited for another 3 months in classic and ontop of that no focus items..just unreal.
    Warlain likes this.
  4. Fuzzbutt Elder

So instead of actually listening to the population you just changed the name of the server...nice
  5. tryieq Journeyman

I can see Selo's appeal for some but Manglar is just an average tlp server and seems a waste of a once in a lifetime 20th celebration server.

Pretty much dissapointed tbh.
  6. Fuzzbutt Elder

Exactly, lets not even mention trying to get geared and leveled and AAed from naked level 1 in 1 month to start working on Time flagging
  7. andross77 Elder

just a question: people seem to be saying Mangler is FAST xp now just b/c they removed the penalty. Isn't it just RF/LJ xp levels which is twice as SLOW as Selo's? :) Or is Mangler considered FAST now because it is 2nd fastest TLP and Selo's is just UBER FAST? Because if Mangler xp = Selo xp i would need to rethink my server choice :)
  8. Elyani Augur

GoD was solo flagging, group flagging, then Raid tiers flagging. For the longest time I was the only one flagged completely through the solo, group and then raid missions to request GoD raids. It was horrible! I had to have 100% RA or they couldn't request the raids.

I imagine it will be easier for guilds this go-round, because more people will probably be sure to get all of their solo and group flags. I think it was the solo flagging missions that set people back more than the group flags.
  9. Trevalon Augur

Sounds like Mangler is right up yalls alley then! Fast EXP with more manageable unlocks! See yall there!
  10. Trevalon Augur

Hah, I wont argue this logic :)

Most would consider Mangler EXP to be Fast because of past TLPs - We always use the vernacular Fast EXP (RF/LJ) and then Live EXP cause there was nothing between those two. Now with Selos I guess we need a new term for its exp speed.

Super fast sounds find to me :p
    andross77 likes this.
  11. andross77 Elder

Also, i saw that list someone made of all the servers and their xp rates in order from slowest to fastest which is very helpful but one server was missing: Test. Is Test even faster than FV? or between FV and Live? I thought it was the fastest.
  12. Rururu New Member

Not that im surprised, but this really over Coirnav in every way imaginable.

For one, the exp bonus is something that casuals who've spent more time crying on the forums for than actually playing the game have been asking for for ages, Coirnav as the server closest to Classic with a reasonable unlock timeframe had an argument for why people would roll on it. The former excruciating exp rates would have kept people away from Mangler, now, if you haven't recently played through Classic, Kunark and Velious might find it much more attractive now that the painful exp rates are gone.

Selo was always going to be a server that appealed to the ultra-competitive, or at least someone whose played through another TLP fairly recently and only wants a small taste of older content in SoY, PoP, GoD and OOW -- In this regard it appealed to veterans who had a high desire to prove themselves against others rather than experience the nostalgic aspects of the game for a longer period of time.

Coirnav may have been able to sustain the loss of it's top level of players or the severely weakened income of fresh players especially with prospect of GoD and OOW released on a tlp for the first time in years but both?

LDON as an expansion has proven to test the patience of many a TLPer, and with the increased opportunity to escape that slog, i wonder if it acts as a deathknell to the population of a server that currently seems otherwise healthy.
  13. malaki Augur

GoD was 2 months not 3 on Phinny and it's easily the best TLP expansion.
  14. Tachyon Augur

Coirnav and Phinigel were the slow XP servers. Agnarr, Lockjaw and Ragefire were significantly faster than those but slower than live. Fippy approached live and may be the rate Selos is at.
  15. Trevalon Augur

Yes Test is faster than FV - Test is the fastest EXP you can get
  16. Trevalon Augur

I hate to be like this to Coirnav players, but I think everyone knew Coirnav was a mistake. It should have never been launched and it seems Daybreak realized that and with Mangler's ruleset is pretty much putting Coirnav out to pasture.
    Jontrann likes this.
  17. Higgs Boson New Member

Yay! Good news indeed, Mangler there we go!
  18. darkdelusions Lorekeeper

These rule sets still seem so uninspired for the 20th anniversary
  19. Candystore Augur

Test has the highest XP, you can do a /testcopy of any live character if you just want to mess around on it.
  20. Rolento Augur

I'm right there with you, even though its a nice to box on 1 PC. I remember what RF/LJ looked like when it came to raids. At this time there were no instances... So it was load up as many Mages as you could, and im talking 30+. Along with SKs for there HT. It was a disaster to say the least.

Now i know that all changes with instances, but world targets would still be the same, on top of that you can have box armies camping multiple picks of your favorite or great items. IMO its a necessary sacrifice to not have boxing.
    Harris77 likes this.