New Selos and Mangler Rule Sets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protagonist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Almir Elder

It's a ragefire/lockjaw reboot. Maybe enough time has passed since those servers launched to lure people back. But Selo looks like the new shiny thing that will catch more people's attention.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Stagentti Augur

Will also be interesting to see if people who "fall behind" (can define what that means however you want) decide to pop over to Mangler knowing the longer unlock will give them more time to get caught up.

If I had to guess: Selos launch will be much, much busier. Flashy new toy.
  3. Madroc Journeyman

I think like most I was anticipating the changes hoping to see feedback being taken into consideration.

The biggest gripe with selo was the unlock speeds. It just seems instead of making the servers viable yet still unique you took away the original premise.

I would strongly wish you reconsider the feedback further.
    Mashef likes this.
  4. Rolento Augur

It was good. You will see the hardcore people hitting 60 in only a few days.

As reference. I took about 7 days for the most hardcore on coirnav. I bet 3 days tops for the new server
  5. Quill Augur

Both still TrueBox?

Hmm.... do I play these...

[IMG]

Had me excited there for a minute. But turns out DBG fails again and doesn't want my mount and bag money. The only 'changes' here was in the naming, and the fact Mangler would be a regular TLP.
    Elyani likes this.
  6. Trevalon Augur

They did the right thing. They left Selos alone for the rush crowd and they changed Mangler to be a viable server.

yes they listened
    snailish, Koshk, SweetLaxTho and 3 others like this.
  7. Sethiroth Augur

Not according to the FAQ
  8. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

They listened to about 1/3rd of the population. They should have launched one server to please the Truebox/no-drop crowd (hardcore imho) and a server to please the free-trade/boxing crowd. But what do I know? I just majored in economics <shrug>.
  9. Evade Augur

Thank you for making the changes Daybreak. I'll go ahead and convince my 2 friends to resub and join me.

My one and only request now is for you to please change the name from Mangler to Lodizal (or something equally cool) as someone had previously posted
  10. Risiko Augur

I could have sworn that Agnarr was slower than Ragefire at start, but I could be wrong.

But yeah the experience rate on Mangler is going to make it much more appealing than both Phinigel and Coirnav were at server start.

Mangler is going to be a good server considering the rule set now.

The only thing that they could have done to improve the quality of life on the Mangler server is to have increased the rare spawn rate and/or add FV loot rules. I say that because with the lack of accelerated item entry in to the economy, krono farmers will choose Mangler as their new target for business. The only way to combat that is to make the items so easy to obtain or so plentiful in availability that the value of said items is too low to sustain those that use them to make real world money.
  11. Tymeless Augur

I’ll be on mangler
    SweetLaxTho and Fhiele like this.
  12. Mashef Augur

Only a few guilds will survive Selo. If you aren't OG and didn't play combine/sleeper you have no idea what you are in for with 7 day a week raiding just to try and keep up.

Your gear is worthless within 2 weeks of getting it. Content that is new to most (post GoD) won't be enjoyable in 4 week stints. Mangler will end up the popular server after 3 months of Selo.
    Ishbu and Protagonist like this.
  13. Harris77 New Member

Also happy with the rule set changes. See you on Mangler!
  14. Groans Augur

Not me, i wanted FV loot, fast xp and rares at a slow unlock pace, epic fail.
  15. Ceffener Augur

Mangler is ragefire with better unlocks and AoC, should be great. I wanted to love Ragefire with raiding turned into such a turd and now most those guilds will be on Selo. Pretty sure I’ll be rolling a Cleric.
    Harris77 likes this.
  16. Candystore Augur

Seems like Mangler is more of a casual server than Selos. I just can't see casuals keeping up with the rate on Selos.
  17. Evade Augur

I said acceptable, not ideal.
  18. Protagonist Tank

I'll be on Mangler, now.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

Imagine still playing on Agnarr
  20. Protagonist Tank

They let go of the "casual" and "hardcore" labels. It's fast and standard, now.
    snailish likes this.