New Selos and Mangler Rule Sets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protagonist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Protagonist Tank

snailish and Fhiele like this.
  2. Tachyon Augur

Give the players what they want! I think it's a great compromise.
    snailish and Fhiele like this.
  3. Trevalon Augur

Ill be on Mangler day 1! Way to go Daybreak for making this server viable!

Sure was hoping for Agnarr or better EXP rate, but at least Ragefire/LJ is better than Phinny/Coirnav.
    snailish, SweetLaxTho and Harris77 like this.
  4. MR_STYLZ TLP Hore

Selo = Hardcore
    Mangler = Softcore
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  5. Trevalon Augur

Good job to Daybreak for FIXING Mangler server to something people will actually play! Will be there day one now!
    Higgs Boson and SweetLaxTho like this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

They abandoned those labels.

Selos is fast progression
    Mangler is standard progression.

Edit: my response got moved so the context is lost.
  7. MR_STYLZ TLP Hore

opinion: Mangler is nothing special - its the same cookie cutter server as past TLP's
    same low pop outlook down the road
  8. Bewts Augur

Noticeably absent from Selos FAQ is mention of MOTM and similar... it is however, mentioned for Mangler...
  9. Renshu Augur

They made the right moves. Well done DBG. No sarcasm.
    SweetLaxTho, Haeldar and Trevalon like this.
  10. Dritz New Member

I'll gladly be rolling on Mangler now. How does Lockjaw/Ragefire xp compare to Agnarr??
  11. Sethiroth Augur

Think I’ll give it a miss.

You gave the hardcore crowd the fun stuff, and the rest get a dose of same old same old.

So long. Thanx for all the fish.
  12. Synk Journeyman

Same stuff, why are you excited about this? It's the same rulesets as previous servers with slightly tinkered dates and exp rates?

Don't plan to touch either one.

It was pretty clear most people either wanted FV loot, no truebox, or both. None of those people got that.
  13. Risiko Augur

Called it!

Selos IS the hardcore server, and nothing changed to the ruleset.

Mangler was changed to be the casual server (now called Standard Progression Server) with a nice fast experience rate and 12 week expansion unlock.

All and all, these servers will probably please a LOT of the people that were looking forward to coming back to play EverQuest TLP.

Of course, this will upset the multi-box and FV loot fans, but I had serious doubts either of those things would be added to these servers.

Good job DBG. You listened for the most part, and did right.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  14. Almir Elder

Well done DBG. Selo's 1 month unlocks seem a tad fast for me, but hearing that PoP unlock is May 1st gives us right at 6.5 weeks for SoL. Was a bit worried about making that 0-60+a few aa's jump in 4 weeks but the extra 2 and a half weeks makes it seem doable for people who might be a little bit more casual.

Looking forward to Selo!
  15. cabales360 New Member

I'm happy with the changes on Mangler. I'll definitely be there day 1.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  16. Risiko Augur

Actually, that's not true. Mangler is different from Phinigel, Agnarr, and Coirnav. The experience rate is going to be much better on Mangler than it was on all three of those servers.
  17. Almir Elder

My concern is that Mangler is a very standard TLP, I wonder what sort of population numbers it will hold against Selo seeing how unique that server will be.
  18. Trevalon Augur

Its either the Same or just slightly Slower but definitely faster than Phinigel and Coirnav.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  19. Typucm Elder

Yes it is.
    Mangler only got exp penalty removed and its all, was hope it will be FV :(
  20. Trevalon Augur

Not Agnarr, Agnarr had a special EXP rate that if I remember was slightly higher than RF/LJ, but it may be the same as RF/LJ, I cant remember.

Either way the EXP is much faster than Phinny/Coirnav so makes Mangler MUCH more manageable than either of those servers.