Will skill mods take you past cap?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Dec 30, 2018.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Example, if im level 60 with 300 archery and i get a 5 percent skill mod will it go to 315?
  2. Derka Power Ranger

3. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Ok, thank you. No offense, but can anyone else back this up. I would be dumb to take one persons opinion on it.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I don't remember seeing any parses proving it, but it's commonly believed to be true.

One thing I've found helpful to answer questions like, "Does this aug really help?" is to browse profiles of top-shelf players. I personally use the roster in my guild, Ring of Valor:
    https://eq.magelo.com/guild/69#f=c_10

mostly because I know who is who, but you could use any top guild.

Anyway, if you check out the tanks (and probably every one else) in RoV who are of raiding rank or higher I guarantee you every one will have a Stone of Judgement aug'd somewhere.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

Or if you equip one and look at your skills list, you'll see the number in green as it has increased.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

I think they just need confirmation that an item that says +5% (20 max) raises your cap. Visibly it shows that. So for archery 300x5% would make their archery 315/300. Probably a TLP question since live doesn't have those issues.
  7. Nniki Augur

Here are some item-modded skills as an example:

[IMG]

Defense
    The Tears of Alaris = Defense 5% (10 Max)
    Bonus = 410 * 0.05 = 20.5 (10 Max) = 10
    Defense = 410 + 10 = 420

Disarm Traps
    Archaeologist's Automated Antiquity Analyzer = Disarm Traps 5% (10 Max)
    Bonus = 120 * 0.05 = 6 (10 Max) = 6
    Disarm Traps = 120 + 6 = 126

Dodge
    Stone of Judgement = Dodge 10% (45 Max)
    Bonus = 475 * 0.1 = 47.5 (45 Max) = 45
    Dodge = 475 + 45 = 520
    Sancus and Fanra like this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

where are you at in this roster ?
    Edit: NM found ya
    how up to date is that info .. still says your lvl 105 ?
  9. Tucoh Augur

It's only up to date as much as each player makes it. I don't update my magelo.
  10. Zamiam Augur

why ? inquiring minds would like to see your gear :p
  11. Tucoh Augur

Waste of time. At the start of TBL my warrior had the best RoS group gear you can get. Pretty soon my warrior have the best TBL group gear you can get. You can just go here and see what it'll be:

https://tbl.eqresource.com/grouparmor.php
    https://tbl.eqresource.com/groupgear.php

My boxed characters will get whatever gear beneath that. If you want advice on how to aug you're better off looking at other people's magelo's because any raiding ranger, for example, is going to be way more sensibly equipped than my boxed ranger.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am fairly sure that most of the parses which prove it are 15+ years old. The easiest way to see it in practice in modern EQ is with TS while doing recipes over 400. You get a noticeable increase in success rate with 345 vs 300.