Solo only TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by asidonhopo, Dec 6, 2018.

1. asidonhopo New Member

I know this one is going to be controversial but I think it could work with the following stipulations.
    1. Disable grouping(obviously)
    2. Disable targeting other players. So no buffs from others. This would disable most current forms of PL.
    3. No player trading, no bazaar. You need to farm for your equipment or buy it from NPC vendors.
    4. OK I am going to have tons of plat if I can't spend it in the bazaar. Make raid gear available at max level for current era from NPC vendors for appropriate plat
    5. No boxing(but with no grouping, why would you?)

Then everyone will play pet classes right? Have the xp split with the pet.

What does this buy you?
    No player trading=no RMT.
    No bazaar=no need to camp a mob for multiple drops of the same item. Less contested camps over time for the good items.
    No raiding=no associated drama
    New player strategies and improved play with a class. Having to level up relying only on your class abilities is going to make you learn how to play your class effectively to survive.
    Tradeskilling suddenly matters a lot.

Finally, make it competitive. Establish leaderboards for all sorts of things.
    1. Named's killed
    2. Highest damage/class
    3. etc.

Some changes will need to be made with certain expansions. Removing the LDoN 3 person requirement springs immediately to mind. There are likely others.

This would be a new way to play existing EQ content for many players making many familiar things fresh. There is also a sense of accomplishment that comes along with earning everything yourself that makes soloing attractive to some.

What else would it take to make this work?
  2. FIsh Lips Augur

Redesigning the game from the ground up.
    Smokezz and Nolrog like this.
  3. Vanrau Augur

This is where the devs just clicked back on their browser and left this thread.

Your idea sounds like it's for a server.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

not QUITE what your asking for; but check out Imperium server, its an setup to be solo'd. (however it is VERY non-standard EQ, lots of custom content)
  5. Elskidor Augur

So the three primary pet classes are xp nerfed and I'll assume those using charmed mobs too. Will this include anyone that has a pet out at all? Shadow Knight? Shaman?

Could just toss together something like this and sell it as a single player console or mobile game. I'd buy it. = b Not sure the point of launching a server like this as an mmo though.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

There have been a lot of really bad TLP server ideas but this one tops the charts.
  7. Buri Augur

Let's take a game that was designed around groups.. and make it not. I'll pass on that one.
  8. Chopsuey Augur

/em clicks dislike button.
  9. asidonhopo New Member

"Not sure the point of launching a server like this as an mmo though."
    When I though of this I was thinking of something like Fortnite. A competitive multiplayer environment. A HUGE sandbox. More than 100 players online, but instead of PvP, competing for PVE goals. The sandbox evolves as expansions are released and players compete to achieve further Solo goals for each expansion. That is why the leaderboards would be important
  10. Hithiquen New Member

devs when ur done with this, please get to work on my erotic role-playing server
    S33k3r likes this.
  11. S33k3r Augur

Sounds like a solo grindfest to farm plat so you can buy raid gear. No thanks.
  12. Hithiquen New Member

my erotic role-playing server will also be a grindfest
    Celephane likes this.
  13. snailish Augur

Why do we need a server ruleset for a personal playstyle choice a person could make for themself on any existing server?
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Id play this before Tlp_rehash_8.5
  15. malaki Augur

They could make this really exciting and have rogue as the only available class.
  16. Silver-Crow Augur

Very silly idea. Go play skyrim instead. You can solo all you want there ;)
  17. Spayce Augur

So....OP mains enchanter
  18. Nolrog Augur

/facepalm
  19. TLP Addict Augur

20. Crayon123 Augur

... troll thread? Could qualify as the worst idea of the year award.