how did they mess this up so bad..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by perioniod, Apr 18, 2018.

1. perioniod New Member

Think they owe everyone a Krono for messing it up so bad ... just roll it back to before the patch, get the servers back up and give everyone a krono..
  2. RandyLahey Elder

Lol..that will never happen :p
    Vanrijn likes this.
  3. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Just once I would like the servers to stay down longer than normal and people not be shocked by it.
  4. That0neguy Augur

You being unable to play for 1 day = 30 days of free game time? That seems totally reasonable....
  5. Moak The Most High

I feel bad for them- some of them have been at work since 5 am- thats getting close to a 16 hour day. Those same guys will be the ones wading through all of the petitions by people that put them in knowing that stuff was getting worked on.
    eepok likes this.
  6. HeatherPurrs Augur

Where have you been the last 19 years? Seriously, gross incompetence is TheyBreak Games middle name. I remember a patch that contained a virus. Yes, around 2000 TheyBreak Games was literally patching a virus with the game. TheyBreak Games = Office Space.
  7. Exekute New Member

If they screwed something up then I don't feel too bad for them. That's how software development goes. You do it right the first time or you pay for it later with long hours.

Yo, DB, if you need a good software developer let me know. I expect good pay and I only work 30 hours a week, but this wouldn't happen again.
  8. That0neguy Augur

Your memory must suck. TheyBreak Games wasn't patching in 2000.
  9. RenDnB New Member

What I find interesting is people wanting it to go back to SOE or Verant. They're forgetting they complained about them as well, and just as hard. LOL such is the way of an MMO community I guess...
    Herf and eepok like this.
  10. ganane New Member

mayb its the os chang i kinda expecked that for coding but ither way isnt that what test is for there trying
  11. jack of all trades Elder

It's not our fault that they are unable to perform some of the simplest means of software development. If they did, these **** mistakes wouldn't happen EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. It's called reviewing your code. Testing your code. Ensuring that everything you're trying to fix, actually GETS fixed. It's not wrong for us to expect competence from these guys/gals.

Would you feel bad for your cable company if they announced an "update" to their service, or a patch to their TV guide, had told you it'd be down an absurd amount of time (because yes, 10 hours IS an absurd amount of time when you consider normal sleep + jobs accounts for 16-18+ hours of a normal day) and then removed half of your channels and telling you it was going to be down an additional unannounced amount of time? Hell no. You'd be raising hell expecting a refund/compensation/credit.

We're pissed because one of our (or in some cases, the only) hobbies is now unavailable to us, after they screwed the pooch by trying to fix our TV Guide that wasn't freaking broken. Did they add some updates? Sure, to channels we don't get or subscribe for.
  12. Rulasus New Member

Dude, the fact it happens every time... and has happened ever since this game went live, should tell you something... it is an unwieldy beast. Every time you fix one thing, 5 others break. This has always been the case, especially with big updates.
    eepok likes this.
  13. Moak The Most High

Hey , I was just trying to be calm and compassionate for a change- usually I'm the I want Krono or I want double XP guy
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Less krono more free heroic toons!
    Gyurika Godofwar and toodlem like this.
  15. jack of all trades Elder

Wouldn't have happened if they had implemented this to a test environment, and then actually REACTED to the results. The team being incompetent for years doesn't mean we have to excuse the fact they haven't learned from their mistakes. It's called testing for a reason. IE: Coirnav can make golden idols and distillates. Let's apply this to the test server. Oh crap! We can still make distillates.

Rather than: Coirnav can make golden idols and distillates. Let's apply this to the test server. Let's apply this to the live server.
  16. Vanrijn New Member

Too bad TEST is also locked out
    Ronove likes this.
  17. toodlem Elder

They can't roll it back, they have to make sure that we are unable to provide files for the XP and Vista players. And, please, no feedback from those who like to scold folks who, for a multitude of reasons, may not be able to upgrade or purchase a new computer.
    Ronove likes this.
  18. Muldamai New Member

I played EQ from 1999-2005, and just signed up last night to see how it is. Lol, this is no different from back then. Just hang in there and they will get it right. I actually think it's the spaghetti coding they started the game with that is causing issues. So many things to break, and it's very fragile. Probably some piece of loot code it not letting the program interface with the servers. Fun, fun, fun!
    eepok and Ronove like this.
  19. toodlem Elder

Truth be told, the guy who developed the launcher program worked under contract for Sony. He has, as I understand it, never been paid. It appears that they are trying to alter his code or totally rewrite the Launcher code. I am not a computer programmer at all but this is how it was explained to me by an ex roommate of the writer.
    Ronove likes this.
  20. Vanrijn New Member

Almost like the olden days except they would just shut down the zone you were in, sitting at the ZL in Lower Fay