Getting bored

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TenkenTurtle, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

I was going to say Hero's Journey also. I have probably 8 months worth of time tied into it and I still have some of the raid things left. The clickie reward at the end is nice. The drakkin illusion is nice unless you are a drakkin. There are half a dozen or so illusions you will get along the way from doing various quests and such also if you don't already have them.

HOT and VOA progression done for the trophies? I believe the VOA ones are guild trophies but still something to work towards.

ROF complete? Tons of content in that expansion to keep someone busy for a while and I find that expansion to be rather fun but maybe that's just me.

SOD progression done to unlock all levels of the void and the type 3 augs?

Old world hunter achievements all finished? Yes there are not "rewards" for a lot of them but you never know when that might change or when something like that might be needed for a future quest/progression/uber item like artisans prize.

Invulnerability clickie obtained? How about every illusion in game that drops or is quested? All of the various port clickies obtained?

This is just a "short" list of things I would love to accomplish before my days in EQ are over. I know it will never happen but a person can dream right.
    TenkenTurtle likes this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I was going to say heh. Anyone that goes to 350 for an alt is crazy like pineapple. Mostly in the same boat here, have main maxed and 3 alts 300+ with all the quests done. Just checking heh.

3 Alaran tears done and 2 Hero’s Journeys, though. Game on sir!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Dreadmore Augur

Hey Tenken. Try more alts :) always keeps things interesting for me. The differences between classes and the abilities they have is much bigger than repeating the artisan's prize for multiple characters. I am less of a completionist and more of a tourist though.
  4. Critts Augur

Get a job? Even if you don’t need one or maybe have one that doesn’t require a lot of time. Once you have less time to play it won’t be as bad. So better yourself outside of game in a more time intense way. you could play other games. There’s an absolutely massive back catalog of old games out there that are just waiting. I picked up one on a whim that looks and plays a lot like EQ tho I cant say I would call it good.
  5. ForumBoss Augur

Skyrim VR on PC has been real fun. Exercise/work is always cool too in moderation.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

People come from different places in life, and do what they can. A friend of mine sometimes drops rpg for months at a time, because his social anxiety gets too severe. Saying to him “get a job” would be really hurtful, because it is one of the things he wants the most, but can in all likelihood never have. I realize you didn’t mean anything bad, but I just wanted to bring the above to your attention, in the best of meanings.
  7. Critts Augur

That’s why I added the next few statements. I think its wrong to think someone can’t find something meaningful to spend their time on. Read a book, , listen to an audio book, or write a book. The term “job” was probably not the best to relay my thought. Prehaps Get another hobby?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. Fohpo Augur

I second this, make a 5-man box crew and complete all the easy content that's in the game before carrying people through EotD1.
  9. Tucoh Augur

10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm pretty much done on everything before CotF, all was completed while it was current, I haven't gone back and done the hunters they added for some expansions, that said I have done some while getting tradeskill items and faction (Mistmoor is finished!) without trying.

CotF was when I had a few changes in my life and my playtime dropped drastically spending a lot of time away from home.

I'm currently missing a few conquests and a few named/collectables from CotF onwards. RoS is pretty much done apart from hunters and raids, currently banging heads with ST2.

I don't play any other games, I've not found anything I've like, most games these want you to use the mouse for everything and I'd rather use keys for movement and looking. Now the weather is a little better I have gone back to walking and enjoying the great outdoors.

EQ wise my interests at the moment are raiding with the main and getting an alt through CotF/TDS/TBM/EoK quests/missions. Though I'm struggling to settle down to doing anything at the moment.

My best advice for finding something to do its look at achievements and see what you haven't done and if anything there floats your boat, Also have a think about keys, are you missing any you would like to have.

Failing that create a new alt and level it up in zones you wouldn't normally use to level. EQ has some beautiful zones that were very underused even when current, Stone Hive is one of my favourites. Make an Iksar and only level it in Kunark or make a Vah Shir and only level it in Luclin do all the quests in the city for the race/class you picked, both have some very interesting lore.

I'm sure there is a lot of EQ you have missed over the years. :)
  11. High Voltage Augur

About time to go out and get a real live, I guess.