So Much for That...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Amedeus, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Amedeus New Member

So like a portion of people playing on Coirnav, I was enticed at the thought of little to no boxers, which meant little to no perma campers, or people hogging camps to just sell loot rights or the items outright for krono. Just a pipe dream. There has to be a way to keep people from selling loot rights to items?

It may come as a shock to people, but my friends and I actually want to earn our own gear and enjoy the task in killing a rare spawn to get said gear. It's kind of hard when out of 40 picks, maybe 2 are legit groups.
    Candystore, Time Burn and SithWizard like this.
  2. Turinbar Augur

all the high value loot , jail in Hole , Efreeti, are generally permacamped by professional farmers. Just ...accept that for now this is how Everquest is. Krono farming dies down by velious when most loot is no trade except for a very few cases. Most of the krono is made in classic through Kunark.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  3. Raltar Augur

What in the world made you think this was going to happen at all? Did you just not pay attention to the game at all for the past 19 years?
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

As long as dbg continues to head in the sand when it comes to customer service then these high krono camps will be toxic. Epics in kunark will be the same story.
    Time Burn and SithWizard like this.
  5. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Ogre tink you eat too many gloomingdeep mushroom. Wise shaman once say to Ogre: insanity is doing same ting twice and expecting new result. In dis case three time.

Agnarr has box. Phinny 1.0 has box. Phinny 2.0? Ogre tink even froglok baby figure dis one out.
    Kattria Minx and Risiko like this.
  6. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Ogre award you special gift. Other no box thread beat dead horse. You beat dead horse in mind.

Stop beating dead mindhorse.

[IMG]
    Nolrog and eepok like this.
  7. Amedeus New Member

It's not just the boxing, people can perma camp a mob without having to box to do it.
  8. Brumans Augur

You and your friends pick a Live server, roll there together, skip the tutorial, and restrict yourselves to pretend you're on a progression server. None of the classic gear will be camped, you'll have the zones to yourselves. You'll be bored long before you have to deal with other people.
    Issk and Kattria Minx like this.
  9. Sturn Augur

Anyone who thought less boxing meant less camps being locked down by farmers must not have played this game for the last 19 years.
    Kattria Minx and an_ogre_monk00 like this.
  10. Time Burn Augur

Perhaps the marketing like this from Daybreak?

Krezzy and Amedeus like this.
  11. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

Sadly this isn't 1999. Now there is enough cheap hardware and software where anyone can put together a set up to make a group with themselves. So if DBG thinks they can make it like the old days, it won't happen.
  12. Sturn Augur

They did exactly what they marketed that they would do. Encouraging does not equal forcing.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  13. Amedeus New Member

I am a paying customer and have been off and on since 2000. I was told in advertising as @Time Burn pointed out, that this server would encourage group play, and strongly discourage and hinder the ability for one to box on a single system. As a paying customer I have all the right to complain and point out any fallacies, as such, as I see fit.

Anyway, I made my "formal complaint" as a post on these forums, as a paying customer. Those that were civil, thank you. Here's hoping these issues are resolved (not holding my breadth) and not on a new TLP server.

It's quite sad. I remember when EverQuest had a supportive and friendly community, both in game and on these boards. Now it's riddled with kids that have nothing better to do than to seek and annoy, and their toxic behavior plagues this once vibrant world. Thank you and never again.
  14. Silvara Elder

And I'll tell you what many others have said; true box does NOT equal no box. Many players enjoy playing multiple accounts on multiple PCs. If you don't or can't, great. But stop forcing people to play the way you think they should play. Even in 2000 there were some madmen boxing entire groups. This has literally been around since the game was created.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have the right to tell us how to play. So long and don't let the door hit you anywhere.
  15. snailish Augur

You can avoid most of the problem situations & players by not aiming for the sweetest fruit in the bowl. This changes every expac.

Early in original, Lower Guk will be a drama place. Efreeti... it's been said.

Several things would reduce the problems/drama that have nothing to do with boxing:

-nodrop loot for these sought after things. Selling loot rights to FBSS is a lot more hassle than moving them to mules to auction off in commons, as a single example of a problem item.

-parallel loots added to parallel zones. Why the best droppable haste item in classic is in Lower Guk is a bit odd when Permafrost, Kedge, Nagafen's Lair and the Hole should at least have equal. This is a single example. They don't even have to be creative and make red flowing silk sash and so on... could just add FBSS to an appropriate mob in each of the other zones.

Both of these points could work together.

Spawn times of named could be increased, and drop rates (especially if made nodrop). You'd do this to suit the much higher population and concentration of players. More loot location options spreading the population out would be good too. single example would be a 1/3 as good FBSS dropping in the level 20s zones and a 2/3 as good FBSS in the 30s zones.

top 20 items in classic handled this way alone would drastically reduce the drama... unless people sought it. If you are going to do that, bring friends and DPS it (as that is the rules now).
  16. FluttyMan Elder

Boxers hogging all the good spots are very easy to train, kill and take their camp. That's what I do. em.

Mage boxers camping HBC in mistomoore to sell it is NOT OK. I play shadow knight, i would like a chance of actually getting an item which would be an upgrade.
  17. Time Burn Augur

The way I think they should play? You mean... the way DB wants them to play on this server? What a lame spin.
  18. Time Burn Augur

It's not all about camps, it's about DB encouraging people to group as well.
  19. Time Burn Augur

They could make it happen. I'm guessing there are enough like minded people to fill a server in a heartbeat. I'd pay triple myself for such a server.
  20. Time Burn Augur

Yeah that works if you never want to try go get a group when your friends are at work or something.