Common conversations with friends Subject : Leaving coirnav because of exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cynosis, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Hateseeker Augur

I thought about resubbing for Coirnav, but just can't. At this stage in the TLP/EQ lifespan, they need to be accelerating exp gains even more, making loot tradeable, etc. The journey needs to get a little faster each time in order to keep everyone coming back.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  2. TeeEHLpee Augur

Hateseeker, Prolly going to pbaoe action on agnarr if your interested :) Eyeing up this Bless online game in May if they dont fix coirnav exp.
  3. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

All I hear is crying in this thread that you couldnt get to 50 fast enough. If you dont like it go back to agnarr or phinigel, or actually you know do some work and get to 50. The nice thing about the slower xp is that there will be less entitled people at 50 and people arent so careless with their characters/reputations either.
  4. Catashe Augur

Most people have lives... The people who were raiding on Coirnav in less than a week have none but that's normal for these people on TLPs cause they think burning through the expansion as fast as that can is some kind of accomplishment...

But also sadly DBG is all about those first 2 or so months where its Krono heaven for them and don't really care about the long term life of the server which in the end can never be healthy without a decent XP rate and people WILLING to play alts which no one ever will want to on this XP rate unless they are powerleveling the alt... Which personally is why in the end Phinny will fail in another year I'd say because of boredom and the grind in each expansion and no one there to replace them because of the xp rate and the ever increasing level cap, no one will want to level up there to raid.. The only bright side is it was so popular that there is a lot of max level players, so the bleed off will take longer
  5. Poledo_EQ Elder

If you're complaining about Coirnav now, how did you play on Agnarr? Coirnav with the bonus xp right now is what Agnarr is normally. Yeah it's going to get worse without the bonus, but that's not what I am hearing. I hear complaints about the current experience rate, that has been going since day 1 of the launch which happens to include anniversary xp.
  6. Tyche Elder

What exactly is the journey? People are already 50 so does it matter if it took them 2 days or 4? Anyone else with less play time, fewer accounts, no need to ever play other toons is doomed to spend a lot of boring hours over weeks of time. The vast majority of players go to the same handful zones for their level range they’ve done for years. They aren’t experiencing anything new in classic. TLP servers are for people to skim through the expansions to experience the game they may have missed not fight 4000 rats, bats and frogs. Apart from the locked tlp which paradoxically has better exp I just don’t get it. The faster the unlocks the worse the exp....
  7. Wolrok Elder

I’m of the opinion that the current exp bonus should be permanent. EXP is already slower than Agnarr even with bonus.
  8. Vandir Lorekeeper

Let me put it as simply as I can... I feel like this applies to a lot of folks. Maybe not everyone. But a lot.

It just ain't fun.
    Rhodz, Thewiz, TimeBreak and 5 others like this.
  9. Death Strudel Augur

Some of us did all our main levelling on agnarr during bonus xp with bonus pots and never experienced native xp. Even then Kunark 57-60 was hell. Classic 46-50 wasn't great, but I was late enough that The Hole was an option.

As for "the journey", EQ is a great game I never will find time to play as intended. Much like cell phone crystal grind games, the only people destined to play this game as designed are independently wealthy, or trust fund recipients, or people with some serious issues they probably are trying to avoid facing in a moderately self-destructive process. As far as I'm concerned the average player should never be committing that kind of time without also asking themselves if they have a real problem. Or you're just rich, so whatever, time is free, I'm jealous.

The XP on coirnav is dumb, but I don't care. Knock yourself out. I'm more concerned about what to do with Agnarr ghosting and no viable path of continuation, which I think was mostly the substance of the question. Is it time to quit? Maybe, but I think there are a couple paths going forward depending on what appeals to you. As I said before, Phinny for the single player experience isn't an awful choice, but not risk free. If you want to box, RF/LJ are options.

Of course there's also live, which if you want to box is also attainable. I wouldn't do it solo, trust me the xp drops off a cliff at around 55, don't get caught up in the fast early levels, once you get to 55 it starts to hurt a lot (~.75%/kill, with all evidence it will go below that as you get closer).
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This is not correct. Even with the bonus Coirnav is slower than Agnarr. It's roughly 4/5ths now and will drop to about 1/2 when the bonus ends. Somebody did the math based on when Phinny had the same rate. It might be bearable now, but it will be much worse when the bonus ends. That is the point most people are trying to make.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This is also incorrect. Phinny's launch rate was slower than Coirnav, it was increased a few months after launch to the rate Coirnav has now. There are posts all the time about how catching up on Phinny is too much of a slog, Coirnav will experience the exact same thing.

The Live exp rate is faster than any of the current TLPs. Go level to 5 on Agnarr and then do it on a Live server in the same zone. It's a lot faster on Live.
  12. anonymoose New Member

it's probably a little over grindy now, but i am enjoying it.

what they should probably do is say were keeping the 50% bonus and will bump it a little after kunark.
    handlebar_mustache and TeeEHLpee like this.
  13. Febb Augur

The experience rates on Phinigel have changed twice. The first change was around when Kunark was released and the second was when Gates of Discord released on the server.
  14. Weebles Augur

Just so I'm understanding... You and all your friends are nearly max level 10 days after a server releases with a 90 day timeline and you are complaining that the exp is too slow? You still have a ridiculous amount of time to level alts, even with the bonus going away.

Half the people complain about slow exp, the other half will be complaining about how slow the unlocks are in 6 weeks when they can't stand another Sky raid.

To the guy that said that this is slower than P99... that may be true on a per mob basis, I won't get into that, but due to power level on live that is simply not a fair comparison, the rate of exp on P99 is waaay slower.
  15. Critt Augur

I'm pretty sure the people complaining are not nearly max level, you should read the posts instead of skimming =)
  16. TeeEHLpee Augur

The exp rate sucks, simple as that. If you don't have loads of time to play, 4-5 hours a night and 10+ hours on the weekend, it will take weeks. OOT gob grinding 44+ takes 3-5 hours per level. Do we honestly need that amount of time to grind out those levels? We need to learn our class? I think this is the last go at EQ for me at this exp rate, its honestly just not fun. Wait til you have to grind 50-60 in kunark with 50% bonus exp gone. You seriously want to do that grind? Negative.
  17. Nuther Augur

Poor raiders. Cry more.

You don't need to get level 50 in classic. 46 or 47 will do. Its easy to go 45 - 50 in Kunark.

There is probably time to make 2 or 3 toons on Coirnav before Kunark.
  18. Johnwick Augur

50-60 will take under 48 hours.
    If it takes you 3-5 hours per level, you need to find a new group or a new puller or something.
    @ 44- it took 1 hour and 15 min to get 1 level. ( get a better group )
    This Exp is bad, yes.. But in no way is it unreasonable.
    Had a buddy start playing on 03-25-2018- only has about 3-5 hours a week to play.
    played 5 hours 1 day went from 1-22.. ( again, get a better group if you level that slowly )
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Actually the exp on coirnav is as follows:
    • Normal exp = 50% of agnarr regular exp
    • Normal exp + 50% bonus week = 75% of agnarr regular exp
    • Normal exp + 50% bonus week + 25% exp pot = 87.5% of agnarr regular exp
    • Normal exp + 50% bonus week + 50% exp pot = Same exp as agnarr on a regular exp day
    Rhodz, Risiko and Raltar like this.
  20. TeeEHLpee Augur

Call bs on this. We had constant pulls in OOT and were killing fast as hell.

Previously in hamlord, exp started to drop off at 44 but before that we were pulling all of hamlord / frenzy and still the exp sucked.