Diablo Xi Thin Thall Still Broken

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tuda, Mar 25, 2018.

1. tuda Lorekeeper

For the 2nd week in a row, Knights of Vallon Zek has killed both bosses on the 2nd floor ( Diablo Xi Va and Diablo Xi Xin)and we still continue to experience banishing isssues on Diablo Xi Xin Thall.

Anytime we attempt to move Diablo Xi Xin Thall members of our raid are getting banished. All our our raid is inside the her room. This needs to be looked at...
  2. Trevalon Augur

I'd be willing to bet if your having problems with banishes its because your trying to do something you shouldn't. Have you tried...not moving the mob?

Im just saying we have never had a single person banished after the patch and have cleared VT with no problems as have other guilds, so I suspect its something yall are trying to do, cause if multiple other guilds have no issues and you are, well, I dunno what to tell you.
  3. qweasy Augur

There are warder on the opposite side of the room near the click up orb, pull the mob towards the door you enter a little bit and don't have anyone run too far out. But yes, the range/LoS on those warders needs to be fixed.
  4. Coirnav Augur

I pray the VT issues are all corrected before coirnav gets there. Vex Thal is one of my favorite zones and these changes make me want to vomit.
  5. Arrk Augur

You are definitely fighting too far in the room...

The assist/agro range on those warder is large... but the ones in question are blocked by LOS for the front part of the room

Basically fight in the green area... making sure the healers are outside the door or on the opposite front corner...

[IMG]
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Vt seems to be working fine. With the exception of mobs resetting its all doable and harder to cheese in general.

The fact that its a long raid may remain, but its literally the one raid zone in luclin entirely for raiding.
  7. Catashe Augur

Well someones gotta love VT.. the place with the bosses with 16 gazillion HP ;)
  8. dentalplan lisa needs braces

NToV in era was much worse aside from being able to split that one into 2 days.
  9. Cahal New Member

To the people saying we're fighting too far into the room, we had people get banished standing at the doorway during the encounter last week. They were most definitely inside your little 'green' area. Also, with the mobs leashing if they get too close to a wall I am hesitant to tank them that close to the front of the room due to the boss potentially resetting (this has also happened to us). This is not working as it should.

We shouldnt have to worry about where we are positioned inside the room we are fighting the boss in. If we leave healers outside and a bad banish happens they could potentially get agro and cause the encounter to reset. If the push causes the boss to get too far inside the wall it can cause the enoucnter to reset. These are not viable solutions in my opinion.
  10. TinkeringTurtle New Member

We had our casters sitting directly in the line of sight on the image Arrk posted and they weren't getting banished but people on the platform were getting banished occasionally after the hot fix. Go figure.
  11. welly321 Elder

From what I understand, Daybreak made the changes to VT in order stop zone line pulls and skipping bosses. It would stand to reason that this behavior of the warders banishing players during a fight with a boss (without skipping anything) is unintended. Are there ways around it? Sure, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.
  12. Arrk Augur

The wardens are functioning as intended.... as you get into a certain range of the warders within line of sight and you are banished.

Perfect example... my guild was fighting Thall Va Kelun. Everything was fine, he got down to 1%, when the tank moved ... and TVK pathed into LOS of the warders in the north/south hallways directly in front of the doors... banishing the melee who were fighting it in LOS. Clerics and caster were not banished.

Simple fact is.... warders are a mechanic you need to account for. My guild did DXXT 2 weeks now in the location I posted and 0 people have been banished.

Most likely cause you are experiencing is someone in the raid doing something they shouldn't thus causing you to deal with a mechanic that is easily avoided.
  13. welly321 Elder

No offense, but I'd like to hear that they are functioning as intended from a Dev.
  14. Cahal New Member

The warders are clearly not functioning as intended if fighting the boss inside the room it is leashed to is causing members to get banished. We can't pull the boss out of the room and we can't fight inside the room and you claim its working as intended. As I previously stated when we tried to tank him on the wall near the door he has reset and DT the tank and we had to redo the entire fight. Please dont tell me this is how the fight is intended just because you have gotten lucky.

As I also said, people in our raid have been banished while standing in the green area you have outlined and werent banished while standing DIRECTLY in the los of your picture.
  15. Cahal New Member

Apparently running into the room is not the intended way to do this fight? We had 3 people get banished on the pull before it would have even been possible for them to get outside your 'green' area.
  16. Arrk Augur

Your recount sounds pretty damn simple...

One, You are one letting your raid for spread out in a room they should not...
    Two, Not controlling the push to prevent geometry breaks...

Luck has nothing to do with it.... a controlled raid environment is key. Like I said with my TVK example, one or more people are most likely doing something to cause an issue... key is to assess the raid and figure it out.

I understand you are frustrated but take a deep breath and really assess everything... odds are you missing that one minute detail...
  17. DeseanJackson Augur

You did kill Blob1 right? If you didn't, there's your problem. If you did, then I'm guessing you are fanning out too much. Done it twice since the fix, no issues with him except reset due to over push.
  18. Cahal New Member

Yes, we kill everything. We aren't 'fanning out' anywhere. I dont know how much clearer I can make this.

During the pull, while the boss is running to the tank and people are just entering the room we are getting multiple people banished. The boss also silences so we have to be a least marginally away from where the boss is located. This is usually one of the corners just inside the room.

Instead of more people responding that they dont have an issue, how about we just wait for a dev to respond to the issue that we are having. Sitting inside the room the boss is located should not cause warders to banish people. Simple.
  19. Arrk Augur

Excuse me, I am trying to be helpful by point out facts you have stated.

Since when have ever not had to worry about positioning, be it healers, tanks, dps... almost every fight in EQ is positioning, bar a couple perma-rooted mobs, even then there is some positioning.

Walling can be controlled... you can still fight mobs with tanks in corners and control the push so you don't wall the mob, or better yet.. counter the push with well-executed counter push...

The biggest problem I see is that you don't feel as if you need to adapt. If you always do what you’ve always done, you always get what you’ve always gotten...
  20. Cahal New Member

My comment was in regards to Warders banishing while we're standing inside the room that the boss is leashed to. I did not mean to imply you should never have to worry about positioning.

And once again you are making assumptions about us. Where did we say we dont feel the need to adapt? We noticed the issues last week and tried a different strategy this week in order to rectify that. We still had issues with banishes. Inevitably, next week we will try something different in an attempt to mitigate it further. We post here because we thought the devs would want to have feedback on an encounter and we're met with someone like you who constantly insults us. Thanks for your time. Please dont 'help' anymore.