How many work in IT or related? :-)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Feb 22, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

/raises hand
    18 years in “the business”...
  2. Duhbeast Augur

yeah, wanna buy some cable? :cool:
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not a programmer or anything but do work for an IT based company. Kinda like this guy:

[IMG]
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I've worked in various areas of IT for like 25 years. Although I'm currently trying to start a Hollistic Detective Agency. My understanding is that if it's meant to happen it will happen. So I'll just keep doing this IT thing until the universe decides it's time. At least the server rooms are cold like my soul... ;)
  5. Tachyon Augur

Since 1985! Back when you need more monkey wrench than code!!
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Many years on the Intel/IBM/Microsoft side of the house. More hardware than software although all I do anymore is clean and tune PCs.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

I swear to all the gods ..

Every person I meet in game is an IT worker. And funny thing also everyone (men) I talk to every chance I talk to them tell me at the end of all convo's yo I gotta go man, I gotta hit the gym..

To which I simply reply .. cool story bud, I'm bout to go smash that 18 pack of Budweiser LMFAO
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

IT for the last 13 years. Do more IT Project Management and Business Analysis now than i do coding.
  9. Karthanon Augur

Since 1992-ish. UNIX Admin, Secops, Security Compliance, yadda yadda.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Linux sysadmin since 1998 here.
  11. Quatr Augur

Wait, there are non-IT people who play EQ?!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  12. Taldiwen New Member

Asking for non-IT folks would likely generate a shorter list.
    IblisTheMage, moogs and Quatr like this.
  13. elumxe Elder

C/C++ coder native win32 for the last 20 years.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

RN although most nights I feel like the community IT person since most of my co workers are completely computer illiterate. There are times they will be beating their head into the wall and I will restart their computer and boom problem solved. Makes me laugh considering the amount of education and how intelligent most of them are.
  15. GoneFission Augur

Yes and no. I'm an engineer at a power utility, but one of my primary responsibilities is sysadmin for a series of Linux servers.
  16. Gio-Cefalu Augur

IT Director. Jack of all trades, master of none, but mainly Infrastructure, Windows, and networking. I guess I'm a bard? I do have a really awesome Senior Systems Engineer on my team though, so maybe I'm a Beastlord (kind of a jack of all trades) because he's my pet :)
  17. InnerDruid New Member

Hmm, I seem to recall being almost surprised when, back in the day, I discovered that most of the l33t players in the top guilds worked as bag boys, or something similar, and lived in their mother's basements . . . no lie.
  18. Wizlard Augur

Sorry for your loss.
  19. Caell Augur

22 years in IT, done a little bit of everything involved with Desktop Support, primarily Windows, but a year of Solaris 6 support way back when.
  20. Nedrom Augur

22 years here. Currently my focus is infrastructure and datacenter operations.