EQ Is Dead To Me

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ClassicGnome, Feb 16, 2018.

1. ClassicGnome New Member

Everquest was once the greatest MMO game ever made & I've played it off & on for many years but in recent events I noticed a lot of things wrong with the in game management as well as the new replaced staff... I would like to calibrate.

1. The progression servers are terrible, there's of course something for everyone but as expansions release too fast I find that I get behind and or the other servers have set single screen boxing rules. I do not enjoy any of the progression servers because they lack the armor availability and it is too tough to get into a group unless you are a TANK, Enchanter OR CLERIC... This is 2018 and I realize classic EQ was terrible as today's tech gets faster and faster..

2. PERMA CAMPING ... This has to become EQ's top priority to end, either with instances or make the raid mobs randomized spawn timers, heck just sell the classic gear on vendors for 20k a piece or something. It's nice for a level 1 but it's all complete garbage gear nowadays. Then if you save up platinum you get into trouble for moloing while being AFK to buy the garbage off of perma campers... It's ridiculous, individuals cannot enjoy the classic gaming experience with perma campers.
    On a side note, because of perma campers I want a server where I can solo and play alone.. I no longer enjoy the grouping experience, I just want to enjoy those old memories alone now.

I would continue with my third reason as to why EQ is dead to me but the bottom line it's no longer an enjoyable game & it is on it's last leg..
    They favorite the super nerd perma camper and not the realistic gamers that have families to attend too.. All of us older players are either grandparents or parents now. EQ is going nowhere.. I feel that their main goal is to make a much coin as possible before the servers are officially shut down for good... Thank you... As the game wobbles on its last leg as now a terrible game I wish I could have them years back where addiction ruined my childhood.
  2. ClassicGnome New Member

I hope I didn't offend anybody but this is how I feel as a classic EQ gamer
  3. Malicre Journeyman

I agree with you especially about the TLP servers, i remember when agnarr launched and i decided to give it a try, i played for 16 hours a day but i made the mistake of playing a wizard. if you weren't a cleric, enc, mage or tank you weren't getting a group without going LFG for hours on end hoping that someone took pity on you and invited you for some exp.

My cousin actually messaged me on facebook recently and was like "dude everyone is recruiting wizards now" i started laughing at him and was like "no , because all the wizards quit back in classic when no one wanted to group with them".

EQ live is a different story, daybreak reuses old content as seen in the recent expansions and they have been nerfing classing into the ground, i honestly don't see EQ staying alive for another year, at least not under daybreak..
    ClassicGnome likes this.
  4. Tachyon Augur

I've played since 1999 and I took a different tack a few years back when the TLPs started coming around more often. I made one toon, didn't buy anything and played when I felt like it. Basically gave up the rat race and just enjoyed each night I logged on.

I went all the way through PoP flagging on Phinny. Not with a guild that wanted to be top ten, just with a guild having fun. I've done similar on Agnarr and will on Coirnav. Sometimes playing six nights in a row, sometimes two nights a month.

Forget the personal accomplishments and just enjoy the gaming time. I continue to meet players who only started a few months or even weeks ago and it's a blast giving them a few tips and just chatting.

Bottom line, it's not about where you are going. It's about the fun you have along the way!!
    eepok likes this.
  5. ClassicGnome New Member

yeah and I can't AFK Molo raid mobs to burn the perma campers... I sat in 1 spot for 3 days before waiting for the named to spawn... I shouldn't have to do that.. I mean it's velious lol? OLD content but I'm not allowed to do that so the game is more designed around the perma campers.. I couldn't get a group as a MONK... I switched to Cleric & they SUCKED at soloing so I switched to Enchanter and they a boring to me.. I was trying really hard to wait for Luclin to roll a beastlord but the TPS are just lame... I just gave up and wanted to solo by myself.. I don't care to group anymore and I hate to say it bc I loved grouping back in the day where everybody needed you and did their job, that was once fun but it's no longer enjoyable.. This game isn't going to last very long.. On a side note I could care less about any new expansion beyond the Planes of Power, I just wanted to molo old content and that was it lol. I'm burnt out on it now... This game gives me a headache trying to figure out what I wanna do and I just get burnt out fast
  6. ClassicGnome New Member

you make some excellent points but I'm just stating my issues with the game... If I cannot do what I want to do then I hate the game. I was killing Vulak the other day and a MONK came out of nowhere and KS me ... I swear, like can't I enjoy killing raid mobs alone... I just wanna log in and enjoy classic content and I just can't enjoy it when people ruin the game
  7. ClassicGnome New Member

Bottom line... Everquest is dead to me and I completely uninstalled it, a guild booted me for trying to out beat perma campers.. I enjoyed the memories.. GL fellow gamers :)
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You seem to have misplaced your TLP thread.
    Smokezz likes this.
  9. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

10. smash Augur

You only got yourself to blame, by choosing a progression server, experience thought is that, it is the progression servers, will attract boxers WHO will perm camp places to sell the items for RL money.

You mention EQ, I will bet that any old mmo will be like that,

Finally, DBG is here to make money, so they will do what it takes to make those profit, they not here for your blue/green/brown/grey eyes.

If they make profits, they here tomorrow, if they lose Money, you will not be able to see the foot soals due to the dust from them running away, just like any other compagny.

You could have chosen a Classic server, to get the experience you wanted.
  11. ClassicGnome New Member

LOL! I was thinking from Shark Tank but nice one
  12. Whulfgar Augur

feeltheburn and IblisTheMage like this.
  13. ClassicGnome New Member

well I didn't enjoy it bc I couldn't play any class I wanted and jump into a group right away like in WoW ... If I have to wait hours to play then it's not worth my time.. I have children and a wife.. The classic EQ take all day is over for me, things need to speed up and they should of kept the class armor quests in game at level 1.. I don't perma camp thats all I can say to you but the first TPS got it right under SONY lol Daybreak sucks
  14. ClassicGnome New Member

I mention WoW bc they have a way to quickly send players into groups together from all other servers, but that game is terrible otherwise lol. You can only get a group as a Cleric, Warrior Or Enchanter...
  15. ClassicGnome New Member

Yeah no.. I just joined the forums lol. I am a classic EQ player on a NEW account that I created for TPS...
  16. ClassicGnome New Member

W/E I cannot wait til the day the game is dead, there is people who understand what I am saying then you got your super nerds that wanna crack jokes at people who have lives.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Can I have your stuff? (someone had to ask)
    Bobsmith likes this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Bye bye.

That said, you sound pathological. Its a game. Don't like it, don't play. But "I cannot wait til the day the game is dead" just reeks of petty, "I couldn't cut it, am bitter about it, want to whine about it, and need to pretend I don't care in order to justify to myself giving up, while crying bitter tears into my pillow every night."

Yeah, and I'm sure it will be "dead" in a year. I refer you to:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-still-playing-this-game.247051/#post-3627528
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Pfft. Nothing worth having and we all know it.
  20. Tachyon Augur

We all live in the moment! The past is memories. The future is dreams. The present is reality. Have a good time all the time!!
    Metanis likes this.