Way to go Valhallah

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Feb 5, 2018.

1. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

and is this stream somewhere online??
  2. Sancus Augur

keviin101higuys likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

So now im curious .. Are you guys tryna say..

Having 8 people in a raid force thats beaten it already is some how against some thing ?

Just curious.. Tryna understand here..
  4. Bigstomp Augur

It's not difficult to figure out what you need to do on the event.
    Executing it is not so easy. It's pretty unforgiving. Unless I'm missing a tip that with luck someone will pass me.

The strat really is easy. Dodge the pepto bismal aura. The blobs/baskets/coffins/piles of bones need to die, they work like gauntlet, constantly spawning adds. (don't let the adds pile up either)
  5. Sindaiann Augur

6. Nudia Augur

Grats friends. Nice to see FV active in the rankings.

Excellent fight, one of my favorites of all time, and one I'm very glad I got to do while it was like this.
  7. Odiiusx Elder

Grats on your win, that is a hard event regardless of what others say about getting strats from other guilds....what is the most concerning to me is the fact that everyone is attacking guilds that continue to kill targets. My thoughts, we should all hope that tons of guilds are beating events constantly so EQ can continue. The more people locked out of progressing to the end game, the more people that we lose...I am all for having everyone in all guilds remaining beat the expansion with a little strat help. That is not to say make stuff easier, but everyone helping each other out instead of holding each other back. Fingers crossed that once the silly race to the end of RoS is complete, we can all start working together for a stronger EQ. (My opinion only)
  8. Wizlard Augur

Sincerely apologize that your guild didn't win from one smurf to another!
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not a fan. I like the event in theory, but pink aura + summoning mobs as tank is just random deaths.
  10. Marike Elder

Congratulations on your T2 win, Valhallah. If you guys could beat T3 all in one night instead of waiting a week between tough wins so their salty tears can flow again, that'd be super.

PS. RoTE - don't give up hope. We can all relate to the frustrations you guys are going through with this event. When you guys do win (and I hope you're streaming), we'll all be cheering with you. It'll all come together one night and it'll be such a rewarding win (and it'll have nothing to do with luck).
    kizant and Maedhros like this.
  11. Nudia Augur

I wouldn't feel bad if I was on this fight longer than other guilds. Even given an equal skill, this fight heavily favors certain raid compositions and if you run a tight roster that's not made up "right" for the event... While I do like that it's difficult, I do hope and expect that it gets changed. Hopefully the guilds that are working on it now get to see the return on their effort before it's gimped. I'm not sure how much time the other 5? guilds are putting in on it right now, but I wish them luck. I'll have to check out one of RoTE's videos - always fun to see how others handle various hurdles in raids.

@ Bigstomp - I love the chaos in the event. Even if you get it down to a system, with all movements choreographed, there's variance to the event and a majority need to play well, as opposed to a corner tanked mob where you need 4 people paying attention and a bunch of warm bodies that can listen to GINA.

The more guilds that beat the raids the better, and it's nice to see servers like FV thrive.

A serious congratulations to Valhallah, the others that have beaten it, the others soon to beat it, and anyone else that continues to advance in EQ in whatever fashion. Healthy servers make a healthy EQ.
  12. gotwar Gotcharms

Thanks again for all the support, pals! Even the backhanded Triton grats.

Feelsgoodman.

Just want to echo what I said earlier that I think all the guilds working through Tier 2 can beat this event - and it'll feel really great when you do!

My biggest takeaway from this thread, however, has been that all raid leaders agree - that aura is definitely pink, not purple.
    Tiggold likes this.
  13. smash Augur

I dont care if they wanna win with alts from other guilds, thats their decission.

What is imo worse is the stream from guilds WHO does post it. This removes the exploration for other guilds
    IMO, they should not be made public.

However the guild which does it, could say: We have a thing of it, you can get a copy of it, but know we will make public which guild asked for it. It should only be given out to a recognized guild leader, who is on the board, not just any 2 person guild leader, which is an alt in a bigger guild, WHO wanna get the knowledge in secret

That way the competition might come back, on which guilds actually are capable of learning the raids themselves, without outside help
  14. Cicelee Augur

Anytime a guild defeats a raid event in initial form, it should be commended for the success. To that, I say congratulations!

The shocking part for me is that players in top 5/10 guilds have alts that also raid in top 5/10/20/25 guilds. I mean I, after a few months, get bored of doing the same 6-8 raid encounters every week (as do many others). But you guys are doing the same raid like two, three teams each week? Goodness LOL! How you not only have the time but can withstand the boredom is impressive to someone who has neither...
  15. Nudia Augur

My congrats was sincere... :(

We are not all one person/one voice and certainly don't have a spokesman with an official Triton stance. I, personally, am happy for all friends who succeed, friend.
  16. gnomeboss Augur

now that there is a monk on the valhalla roster things are running smoooooth ~

(i'm not in valhalla, but i'm pointing out that the iksar monk must really tie the room together)
    Sheex and Ssdar like this.
  17. gotwar Gotcharms

Thanks, pal! My comment wasn't aimed at Triton as a whole and I didn't mean to give that impression. Appreciate the kind words from you and all of our friends in Triton!
    Nudia likes this.
  18. kizant Augur

It can get boring but it depends what you're focused on. For example. if you're always trying to improve your DPS then there's usually something interesting to take away from each raid. Then when you have a new idea you're waiting to try out you may even look forward to getting a chance to do it. Add that to the standard nerfs and changes that happen during the year, your raid composition changing, your overall raid strats changing and improving (ideally), and people getting upgrades, etc.

Basically, there's plenty to adjust for if you want to keep doing as much as you can as the year goes on and competition between classes can make the game more fun. It just depends on why you're playing. One reason I have a hard time continuing to play is if that part is lacking or sometimes even discouraged. I'd get bored pretty fast too.
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

I can see the excitement if, say, I have my main as a magician in my primary guild. But then I play completely different class as an alt in the other guild - maybe a tank, for example. Still the same raid, but a much different perspective on your role in said raid. I think that would help alleviate the boredom somewhat .

I am just jelly of the time you all have to do such a thing. I have spent a whopping one hour so far in ROS on my monk alt that I miss playing. But life changes for some, and for some we just cannot play like we once did...
  20. kizant Augur

Not to make this a big advertisement for Valhallah but FV in general is a good server to raid on if you don't have as much time to devote to EQ. You can buy the group augs and/or currency in the bazaar and even the VP key pieces. Plus raids can be a lot quicker since you don't have to wait on loot to be finished. That's all handled at the end of the night. There's also 50% xp bonus. So, you can get a lot more done in a lot less time. EoK raids were basically 2.5hrs one night a week once lceanium was cut.
    Tiggold and Whulfgar like this.