EoK and anti PL feature ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fortuneteller, Jan 28, 2018.

1. fortuneteller Augur

Been told there some sort of anti PL mechanism in some of the EoK zones, like FM/SW.

The mechanism is that if you, have 2 chars, and the aa xp you get on them, depend on how much AA xp you will get.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

3. lancelove Augur

can you reword this so it makes more sense? I cant understand what you mean> The aa exp you get on 2 charactors depends on how much aa exp you will get??
    Zhaunil_AB and Perplexed like this.
  4. fortuneteller Augur

Yes, 1 char would get half the aa xp the other got. depending on how much DAMAGE you do on the mob.. I wrote double aa xp ;-)

2 pure melee, that happens. Hybrid/melee happens, Tank/melee happens.

No fellowship activated
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What level are the two characters in question? If they are different levels then they will get different amounts of AA for each kill based on the character that is the highest level and that is in all zones.
  6. Cicelee Augur

EOK mob gives 10 AA experience points. It takes a thousand AA experience points to get one AA at level 110, and a hundred AA experience points at level 105.

The OP is saying that if a level 110 groups with a level 105, then both characters will get the same percentage of AA XP instead of a flat amount. As in the case above, it takes killing 100 mobs to get an AA at 110 as well at 105... However it should only take 10 mobs to get an AA at 105.

Note that the numbers of ten, hundred, thousand are purely for illustrative purposes.
  7. fortuneteller Augur

No, if you got 2 level 110 characters, there is difference between the aa xp a char get, depending how much damage they do
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't make sense at all as healers in a group will generally do no damage at all.
    Sindaiann, Cicelee and svann like this.
  9. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Yeah, my cleric (who does do some damage btw) gets the same amount of experience as my bard.
  10. fortuneteller Augur

I know, after that, went to OT, and did same thing, and there they got the same aa xp.
  11. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

You didn't say how many AA each player has. There is an invisible bonus to AA that diminishes the closer you get to 10k AA.

A character with 10k+ AA will get significantly less than a person with 2500, for example.
  12. fortuneteller Augur

20k with 1 char and 40k+ on other
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Until somebody else can veryify this, I think you are mistaken, OP.
    svann likes this.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No.
    Damage done has no influence on the XP you get, unless something would've been changed VERY recently.
    svann likes this.
  15. xxGriff Augur

This still seems anecdotal to me. kinda like the anti camp radius of old. correlation is not causation. worth noting but i suspect different mechanics at work to explain any discrepancy in xp earned/kill regardless of damage or even activity in any given fight.
  16. Gialana Augur

The person may be talking about all of the mobs in SW that have AEs. Those can kill a PLee if they are in range. I'm only aware of the giants in FM having those abilities, though.
  17. Gundolin Augur

Not true, I've been in a lot of FM/SW all pet groups with aggro bouncing around like crazy. When aggro is bouncing all over the place I use mostly group heals, so my DPS is near zero. I xp gain is the same as the rest of the group.

However it is possible that a 110 character in FM killing light blues is taking up a disproportional amount of the XP compared to say a 86 grouped with him. At least I thought that was how it used to work, though it doesn't matter the amount of DPS you are doing, it was strictly based on the difference in levels.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Recruit a friend?
  19. Axxius Augur

What OP is trying to imply is simply impossible. The xp distribution formula cannot possibly vary by zone. There are no 'anti-PL' mechanics. His PL'd character is probably just too low level compared to the main. Or has fellowship xp sharing on. Or something else like that.
  20. Bobsmith Augur

You were lied to.
    Sancus and feeltheburn like this.