Pickzone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Denial_Sinfae, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Hi,

I tried searching for info about /pickzone on forums. I left game for 3 years and not sure when this was introduced, so don't know what time period to search. I've been told zones with 40 people in them you can /pick. However, I'm in a zone with 55 right now and I cannot.

Anyone know of a good resource to get a full understanding of this feature?

[IMG]
    Oxgoad likes this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's based on the number of mobs available in the zone I believe. The Overthere's pick threshold is quite high.
  3. Riou EQResource

The # is different per zone, and set per zone with a minimum cap of like 20

It also has to be enabled for the zone
  4. fransisco Augur

havn't pickzones been disabled in OT?
  5. Nudia Augur

Theoretically, they should've returned when mission fix went in?

I believe we saw OT picks spawning once over 60 players are in the zone.
  6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Can confirm. I've used /picks in OT since the mission/raid NPC was placed back in the zone.
    fransisco likes this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

8. Goodn Augur

Pick zones started in EoK for normal servers and continued with RoS (although as folks mentioned above, OT pick was turned off until they fixed a mission exploit problem). The number varies for each zone. I got a new pick in Gorowyn yesterday around 30, but OT seems to have a bigger threshold. When HH Seb returns this summer, it will also have pick zone enabled (around 34 or so I think for that).

The concept of pick zones is from the newer progression servers. The forum thread linked just above gives a decent introduction.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

we had peeps leaving the OT mission and were sent into a to a Pickzone but others who left were in the normal zone. I think around 60 in zone at that time.
  10. Dwavlin Journeyman

Can we suggest that before a pick zone collapses we are given some warnings? 30 mins, 15 mins 5 min, 1 min, please.