Question on HP totals...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Katta, Tempest Temple and Brother Island are all open.

@Jumbur:
    I *think* they'll be opened up, yes.
    But was not sure so did not write that but that it's locked "to date" in post#11.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

BI was unlocked a few month after TDS release i think.

From Zam: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=1017
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks. Wasn't playing when it was unlocked, so I wasn't aware of the change, and didn't get high enough to go there til much later :)
  4. Thrillho Augur

Ah, I used to be on Tunare. There were a few guilds on there that were well suited for casual players. I'm sure they're still around. Lots of friendly people on the server - I'm sure if you asked in General for some help with that task you'd get some responses.

An unsolicited tip - your best bet for getting a response would be to be in the zone you need help in when you ask for help. Actively trying to work on something gets you a lot of credit with people. I've seen people sit and wait in the guild hall / lobby / pok for hours and just complain that there is no help available. Be ready to go - know which NPC gives the task, know what you need to do in the task (having a guide open helps a lot). Personally, I'd much rather have you point me towards what needs to be done rather than me holding your hand through a task. From the sound of it you seem like someone who is trying to do things on your own - I'd have zero issues lending you a hand if you were on my server.
  5. Venau Augur

Into The Temple B? Shoot me a /tell. I'll help ya.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

As a druid, hp’s will help ya survive the ae’s etc. Group geared, and a few good augs etc will get you around 165k hps. Once ya get some raid gear that should bump ya up around 1200 hps per item. Dont forget tribute, stat food, progression will net you extra aa’s in hero fort/vit/reso, trophy’s will get you extra tribute etc. every bit adds up.
  7. Monkman Augur

The type 5 Augs from TBM will be a huge power gain for your toon. A lot of returning players overlook this. Even if you go +wis (which you should as a Druid) you gain +11 heroic stamina from each aug which will bulk your hp up quite a bit.
  8. Scorrpio Augur

And those are remnant-bought. The type 5s that drop uncommonly off TBM and EoK T2 trash are a lot better and are tradeable. At least on Xegony, one can probably get a full set of both off a single krono sale, if one checks /baz for deals regularly. (I recently picked up Sebilisian Resilience for 50k)
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

165K would be awesome. The odds of me ever raiding again (haven't since 2002) are approximately nil.

Only have two pieces with type 5 slots so far, I've bought "Sebilisian XXX" in the bazaar for those, spent less than 50K each for them :) Silly TBM will let you buy the armor pieces without progression, but not the type 9s, without which, the armor is useless.

Yep, that's the plan, pick up the cheapest one which I don't already have as I get more pieces with type 5 slots. Have Brilliance and Efficacy so far.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

Type 9s you buy in PoHealth. Right near zone in is a group of NPCs, including a convenient distiller vendor. I think you only need "into the Temple A" (talk to Quellious in Tranquility and then it is just a bunch of running around talking). Though into Temple B might be needed too.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nope, neither vendor (PoT or PoH) will sell. From what I've read, one is tied to TBM progression (into the temple B), and the other is tied to PoFear (the new one) faction. Not sure which is which, cause I've read it both ways (EQ resource and ZAM disagree).
  12. HeatherPurrs Augur

In to the temple is solo material and fast.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

B? No, it's not.
  14. HeatherPurrs Augur

Um... Yes it is. Easily.
  15. Gundolin Augur

Looking back on it, I skipped most of the TDS progression so hit TBM still wearing CoTF gear and couldn't solo into the temple either. Be polite and ask in general, and I'm sure you will find someone willing to do it with you. Its a fairly fast run through, and a lot of people have completed EoK and are happy to help.

Good luck.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Much trimmed, but those power sources add ALOT more once you slap a whole bunch of purity augs in your gear.
  17. Brohg Augur

18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Is it not linear? If the armor has 50 purity, and you add 25 purity augs, then that would be a 50% increase in the benefit, correct?
  19. Kolani Augur

Brother Island was opened to all after TDS release since the collector's edition had a port to a locked zone sold with it.

I'm also not certain 165k unbuffed is attainable for a druid in group gear.
  20. Brohg Augur

group armor has 50 purity. 8 bits makes 400 total, so 400% of a power source's base stats.

raid armor, with top of the line +35 purity augments, has 110 purity on each of 8 items, for 880% of the power source's stats

the increase is linear, but it's chunky